Customs: Huzzah! A base figure!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, May 30, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I've stumbled upon the figure I need to make a custom of my fan character, Blindside: Commander Sentinel Prime! His roof sections are the focal point of my figure, which requires roof sections to swivel up and point at 45 degree angles from the shoulders to form the chest.

So this is my first Radicons thread, and it'll be dealing with my attempts to make an inevitably stunted, yet beautiful, first custom. I'm hoping to splice together another head, painted accordingly, and generally shorten Sentinel's body and add some hood sections and move the wheels forward so it resembles a car. It'll be about Legion sized when finished, and will hopefully retain knee and elbow articulation. Maybe even a pinned, rotating head!

Wish me and my future Blindside luck, guys! I'm gonna head out soon and pick up the worst redeco ever, Dark Sentinel Prime!

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Looking over my designs, I've concluded that Sentinel is simply too complex to shrink down, and his aesthetic might not function well. What I've found, however, is something better: Legion Crankcase.

What I'm gonna do is file down the midsection, so that his chest flips a whole 180 degrees down. This will bring the hood section to the front, and angle his wheels in a way consistent with my drawings.

Next, I'm gonna kill two birds with one stone by snipping in half his roof piece and attaching them to the hood. This will allow for the angled hood pieces over the chest, another element of my design. It also gets rid of his back kibble!

All in all, it won't end up being perfectly consistent with my designs, especially on the legs, which I don't know what to do with. However, it'll be a fun little representation of my character, and I'm excited to work on him.