Hurricane Andrew

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firetruckprime, Aug 24, 2012.

1. firetruckprime

firetruckprime Autobot

It was 20 years ago today that Hurricane Andrew hit Florida. It was the last category 5 hurricane to hit the United States. For Florida members that are old enough do you remember Hurricane Andrew?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I definitely remember Andrew. I was twelve and it was the first hurricane that I remember. My family lived in a trailer at the time, and the winds rocked it back and forth so badly that we got all the animals and jumped in the Jeep parking it next to our barn. The eye passed directly over us, and that was just the coolest thing, until the Andrew started back up again. Got out of school for two weeks though, which was cool; went without power for two weeks, so that made those two weeks very hot and boring.

3. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember being told that my mother and I slept straight thru the worst of Andrew. I also remember being out of school for several days and missing Summer Slam because of it.

I am currently on alert for this tropical storm right now. If it shifts west I will be riding it out at the vet school. Lame.

4. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I was also twelve, living in South FL. My parents had friends stay over since they lived in an area that was supposed to be hit worse. Most of it hit us overnight. We didn't have power for a few days after, but that was nothing compared to what a lot of other people had to endure. We drove through the literal wasteland that was Homestead a while later (maybe weeks or a month?). It was a really bizarre sight.

5. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I am not from florida but we left the day before it hit we were on vacation and we had to cut the trip short by two days cause of the storm. I remeber the weather being horrible and it took forever to get out of florida.