Hunt for the Decepticons Leader Starscream Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see the grey plastic is darker than it seemed in the photos. You can even make out the white tattoo stripes on his body, which was impossible in the photos taken with flash.

My complaints have been reduced back to not liking the voice clip, and the lack of paint on his face..nontheless, one of the most kickass robots I've seen in the past years.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    WTF are most of you complaining about? Besides Mindwipe, he compared it to Movie leader Prime, which I'm sure most of us have an idea of how big he is, and movie leader Megatron when in robot mode, in addition to Starscream.

I think we're cheated of one articulation point [couldn't tell but I think his elbows move forward\bend], overall it looks like a killer mould, if only copying VF-1's transformation a bit too much.

3. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

nice to see a actual review.. but imma have to agree with the others... if ur going to basically do the only review that we will see for a long time.. do it right!

- can you atleast pose him/position him up right and straighten him up instead of just trying to stand him in the awkward position hes in already.. god. how hard is it to just straighten the legs and arms together... really annoying

- ya really u dont have a ROTF prime or a megs? hard to believe even if he doesnt have a big of collection.. i have like 3 custom ROTF primes on me and one dummy... i'd atleast take the dummy and show it up... or atleast pause the film. transform 07's OP and compare..

- and i kno we all kno this Leader SS is huge. but really we would all like to see it just for enjoyment reasons =P shiet, atleast stand him up straight and put him next to a ruler!

- how the hell does this guy get the prototype version and not be able to give us a nice , clear, nice, detailed review .. if thats the case, they could of just gave it to me and i would of done a better job and would of taken my time to show the world and not just do a half ass 10 min video ... shiet i would of done like 5 takes. and all of them be like 30 mins long and i would of chose the best vid haha.. really makes you think and shows you how these ppl really care or even think of these figures.. i always feel like the ppl who get the figures first are like ehh. its just a job to me. .. i'll just take some pics on my cell phone and post it

=D ok im done! LET THE CRITICISM OF MY COMMENT BEGIN! :ev: 

4. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Gotta have him.

5. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Cool, thanks for the review Genzhao. :thumbs2: 

Dammit what is wrong with me? I HATE the Starscream movie design on film, so why do I think this Leader toy looks so awesome? What is wrong with my brain? I must have it, but I don't understand why I like it so much! I think I have issues...

6. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

Wow, everything about Starscream is looking great. The altmode is alright, the robot mode great and the transformation looks involved with out being frustrating. Damn this figure is getting picked u as soon as I see him.

7. alien

alien Command

wow wow wow wow~~~

8. Cesium Salami

Cesium Salami Older than Kup!

News Credits:
    Great figure, review would have been better for obvious reasons. I'd like to see it redone w/ a more colorful but still contrasting backdrop, like blue or green.

9. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    hehehehe thats funny

and to answer the above question of why black background, I was in a rush , it was the only clean surface

next time ill try to use more lighting, I think it should work well on the black table if there is enough lighting

10. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    well u can do it yourself, no one is stopping you, i was in a rush and I wanted a video of it.... you dont ever have to watch my videos or look at my photos

havent opened my prime yet, i got to play with one months before it was released along with megs, honestly dont like megs, not gonna buy one, and OP and jetfire are still sealed in their boxes, though im itching to open jetfire, ill do it when i feel like it, on a rainy day or something when im not busy,,, Im a busy person, i honestly dont have time to play with all my toys, soooo sorrrrry....

also couldnt pause without turning off the camera, my battery was low, so that was not an option.

and I take plenty of photos for the photo gallery, if you want high definition looks, look at the pics... if you wanna see the transformation , watch the vid, otherwise please MYOB and dont tell me how I should be treating my toys and that its all business. If it was all business I would handle things a bit differently and I wouldn't have cabinets full of dog damn TFers would I? I started as a collector and I still am, that will never change. Ive collected toys for almost a decade now, just been on and off. I cant help it that people are scared to come here, why im the only foreigner here getting toys beats the hell out of me. Your free to come. I dont stop anyone.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  11. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    well i think a black backdrop would be ok if there was enough lighting, i think it was more the lack of lights that was the problem

turn off auto focus, ok ill try that next time

yes I know i used the baby crying while OP kicked off SP's head, but it was a tribute to a mod on another site, so just wanted to make sure it was seen

12. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Thanks for the review, General Zhao...I will be buying this.

Epic Starscream is epic.

But that black background made it hard to see, my friend.

Again, thanks for sharing this with us!

13. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Again I performed all my bodily functions in one go. Really love this thing! Thanks for the video!

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, the Voyager is still a fun toy in it's own right & seeing how different they are I will have no regrets owning both.

15. cyberstorm

cyberstorm Member

i still think the fallen shoulda been leader class :/ insted of starscream

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    shame the hands don't rotate so they can look right when the elbow is bend

17. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GenZhao great review in my opinion, with the pics you took i got everthing i needed, size shape color and comparison to a toy we all know and love, prime. and i like you added the new voyager in there too. thanks bunches :) 

18. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he sounds like peaugh black background is hard to see i agree i would have liked to see close up on his face when he moves the cockpit to see his mouth movve

if he used the score from the soundtrack the video may have been taken down or delted for copyright infrigment didnt that happen to seanlong for music in his videos his account got suspended i think someone on youtube said it was second or third this happend to him becasuse of it

19. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Geez. Some people here need to lay off GZ. Regardless of anyhing off in the video. Thank you GenZao, for giving us peeks at toys that we're all very anxious to see, LONG before we're supposed to see them.

I for one can't wait to get this thing.

20. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I didn't watch the actual transformation sequence (as nerdy as it is, I don't like having it "spoiled"), but that aside, it was a great review. Starscream looks great, and I can't wait to add him to my movie Decepticon collection.