Hunt for the Decepticons Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Jun 2, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    What, we've never had one of these?

This thread is to commemorate, memorialize, and applaud the all-around best toyline in the Movie franchise: Hunt for the Decepticons.

With such magnificent toys as Battle Blade Bumblebee and Terradive, amazing transformations and unobtrusive weapons gimmicks abound in this ROTF spinoff.

Hats off to the near two-year anniversary of this toyline. Let's discuss!

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Battle blade prime, battle blade bee, ha jazz, leader starscream,legends ravage. Such a great line. This was the reason why dotm toy line was a dissapointment.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Axor. All kinds of Win. Right after Lockdown.

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

HA Jazz is hands down my favorite toy.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Terradive and Tomahawk are my favorites of the line.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Terradive, Battle Blade 'Bee, Ironhide and Hailstorm are some of my favorite Deluxes ever.

It's such a shame that it seems so few people own him. He has cool bug-like light piping.

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I saw Axor once. But I got Hailstorm instead.

Haven't seen him since.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Eh, not a bad choice. Though Hailstorm was a bit of a pegwarmer in the end.

9. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Breacher.

Also a few Takara decos that improved considerably on the Hasbro ones.

10. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Have Legends Ravage on my desk right now. FAR superior to the Deluxe.

Also got Legends Red rampage and Battle Blade BB, as well as the Ironhide/ Bonecrusher 2 pack.

And let's not forget Deluxe Ironhide. That thing if freakin' AWESOME.

11. Diggeh

Diggeh Can you dig it?

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These gems.

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    HFtD was most definately an awesome line!

Leader: Starscream
    Voyagers: Sea Spray, Highbrow, The Fallen v2.0 and Banzaitron
    Deluxes: Sidearm Sideswipe, Hailstorm, Axor, BB Bumblebee, Terradive and Tomahawk
    Scouts: Breacher, Firetrap, Sunspot, Insecticon and Hubcap
    Legend: Ravage
    Human Alliance: Jazz

To name a few... All of them some of my favorite TF's!!!

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

^I have the fanwank edition/Walmart exclusive version of Sidearm Swipes, pretty neat toy even if his legs suck at anything other than stock straight standing.

Anyways, HFTD was pretty cool. Love Seaspray, Breacher, Tomahawk, and one of the gems of the line: Terradive (granted, I actually have DOTM Space Case, but it's the same awesome figure).

One of my favorites has to be Highbrow, though, simply because he's a Dual-fuselage WWII Lightening fighter plane. He pairs off GREAT with RtS Lugnut and to a lesser degree fellow WWII alt. mode user ROTF Bludgeon.

14. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    Oh God, what an amazing line. I think it really was the reason that DotM seemed so terrible in comparison. Just looking at Battle Blade Bee reminds me that there was actually a pleasant time when Bee was worth having, and not clogging shelves. And HA Jazz, wow.

My only disappointment of this entire line? That Takara got the plain silver Sidearm Sideswipe, and we didn't.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I LOVED HFTD. When it was on shelves, I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have, but the truth is that line ROCKED.

Everything about it was great - it brought the movie designs to their full potential - Battle Blades Prime, Deluxe Ironhide, Leader Starscream, the list goes on. There were lots of great homages, too, like Seaspray and Firetrap. Then there were the off-screen characters like Hubcap, Hailstorm, Terradive, and Breacher who had some really kick-ass designs.

You know what else I loved about HFTD? The packaging - golden yellow with Cybertronian designs - it really stood out. Much better than the dull black and gray of DOTM.

16. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I only got Battle Ops Bumblebee and Leader Optimus Prime from this line, but I love them both! Bumblebee especially holds a lot of sentimental value for me. :eek: 

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The '09-'10 lines (RotF Scouts, NEST, HftD, RtS, and PCCs) is my favorite era in Transformers. So much awesome in such a little time frame.

As for HftD-specific guys...
    [​IMG]
    I just looooove being a Movie Constructicon fan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    M'kay, so only Highbrow here is a HftD mold, but dammit he just doesn't look right without Jetfire and Ransack
    [​IMG]
    "Megatron's a shorty. I, Starscream, declare myself RULER OF THE DECEPTICONS!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Argh, I need to take more photos.

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Yeah. Should've gotten Axor instead. I can still find Hailstorm at Bi-Mart.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I suppose I should list my favorites as well. It's worth mentioning that this was the line that truly got me into Transformers.

• Battle Blade Bumblebee: One of my first HFTDs. Fuck the Leader. Fuck the Ultimate. Fuck Battle Ops. This is a premium, Masterpiece-class Bumblebee that has never been outdone. With fantastic gimmicks, like an unobtrusive, transforming plasma cannon, it totally rocks, through and through.
    • Terradive: Words can't express how I feel about my favorite Deluxe ever. From a kibble-free, flat-as-a-pancake jet mode with a kicking orange and black paintjob and forward-swept wings to an amazingly articulated robot mode accomplished through an intuitive transformation, to his weapon, a trident that converts to a spear and stores beautifully in both modes, there's nothing not to love about this figure. A must-have.
    • Battle Blades Optimus Prime: Up until seekerblackout reminded me of Terradive, Battle Blades Optimus Prime held the spot of my favorite Transformer. He does everything the Leader does, and does it better, somehow managing to manuver the Leader's mind-numbingly complex transformation into a voyager. A few extra gimmicks, like a Matrix contained in his chest to fuel tanks that convert to barrage cannons, top off this scaled-down Leader.
    • Breacher: Breacher. Breacher. Breacher. You are so amazing. Holding the spot of my favorite Scout, Breacher packs a Deluxe transformation into a Scout-sized figure. From a rotating turret with a detachable cannon in alt mode, to too many c-clips to count in robot mode, he makes a fine addition at any scale.

20. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

yeah, breacher rocks. we can all agree on that.

we got a fallen with a removable face. a kid's toy that has face to rip off. that's hardcore.

bumblebee and optimus had some of their best figures, though i prefer optimus' lunar deco from dotm.

ironhide had a ridiculously accurate robot form. i just had to buy hailstorm since their bios painted them as enemies. he turned out to be pretty boss as well. my only issues were the blue on ironhide's legs, and hailstorm's long-ass missiles. other than that, awesome.