Hunchback

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Apr 8, 2012.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Why is Starscream so hunched over? Can he not stand upright for a long time? I mean I thought he only hunched over when Megatron was around, but he walks like that too.

I'm not trying to be a troll or make a useless thread, I just want to see what you guys think.

P.S. Who would win between Starscream, Soundwave, and rotf Megatron

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He's pathetic, it probably hurts him to stand up straight.

3. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

LAWL at the bolded part. Starscream is hunched over because...that's his design. Why does Shockwave have one eye while every other Decepticon has two or more?

However, who would win between those three?

Megatron. Even in his weakened state, Megatron would be able to take on the other two - Soundwave, though a formidable fighter, is literally half the other two robots' size, and Starscream is just a sniveling, cowardly suck-up. However, if Starscream were able to break his cowardice and become treacherous, he might stand a chance against DOTM Megatron.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Why do heroes stand up straight?

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The hunch, for whatever reasons, is a common way to show a villain is an underhanded schemer as opposed to an out-and-out brawler. It's no coincidence Starscream, Dick Dastardly and Muttley, Mr. Burns, and General Grievous all have a hunch.

Starscream's hunch is also probably to help make a 60-foot jet turning into a 30-foot robot more believable. Same with the chicken legs, wide torso, etc.. They still cheat with the size, though; this is how he'd look if scale was adhered to:
    [​IMG]

6. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Well he wasn't hunched over in the first movie, he actually looked badass and was perfectly in scale with the other bots.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Because that's his design. As Rayzilla Prime pointed out, that's how he looks. Just like how Optimus has flames, Ironhide has arm cannons and Sentinel is red. That's how they're designed.
    2.) The hunched design lends to a more subservient/"Igor-esque" look. Plus, because he's a f**king massive jet, that's also why he's so wide, has digitigrade legs and is hunched over, because otherwise he'd tower 15-20+ feet over Optimus and Megatron.
    3.) In a battle to the death? Most likely RotF Megatron.

Starscream was as hunched over and in scale in Transformers as he was in RotF and DotM. No more, no less. There were just a whole lot more scenes in RotF and DotM to really show his hunched physic. Transformers had him in more aerial action, which is more difficult to make out a hunch. But watch him when he's standing on the dam or on top of buildings in Transformers; he's hunched.

8. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i know it sucks because he would be the same height as megatron if he stood upright and that would make for many cool shots of the two

hell, maybe he has scoleosis

actually, the building part looked more like he was leering