"Humans.... Resiliant."

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Anti Theon, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Anti Theon

Anti Theon Well-Known Member

This series doesn't have many throw-away lines, so I'm thinking they're going to do something with this. Sure, Megatron was on his best behavior, calling the base "Quaint" in polite mockery rather than outright derision. However he was probably honestly surprised to see Raf alive. He was also clearly annoyed by Miko's outburst, but he probably didn't expect that kind of spirit from a human either. Even Jack has clearly made an impression.

Just what impact could a reassessment of the potential of humans have on Megatron's schemes?

Just what story lines could that open up?

(So long as it's not a G.I. Joe crossover....)

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    We're the spawn of Unicron. Of course we're resilient.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    +1

4. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Sorry, but not. According with Unicron, we are only parasites.

In transformers series, it´s rare for humans have any direct interaction with the Decepticons, specially with Megatron. They use to consider us as little more than an annoyance in comparation with the Autobots, their true enemies. So such lines to the kids are almost a compliment.

Jack spared his life back in the Rock Bottom (although I don´t think Jack could really have killed Megs with the driller, so it was more a case of Genre Savvyness). Anyway, it´s insulting for a guy with such an ego like Megatron.
    Besides, I think Megatron has seen a glimpse of Optimus´ ideals in the boy, which infuriates him even more.

5. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

After Miko's rant, I took his nodding reaction as "I look forward to the day.".

But one could also see him thinking, "Thank the Allspark she wasn't operating the drill." lol!!!!!

And not to change the topic but I think that rage explosion there by that little girl on him was great. :) 

6. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

You know, I and many other people wouldn't take kindly the news that we were technically spawned by what amounts to the Devil, so......*SLAP*

That's the codeword: USED to. I think Megatron is starting to recognize the human race for what it could be; A serious threat, not just something that he could just deal with when the Autobots are dead.

I'm hoping that we get a fight between the 'Cons and MECH. I've been hoping for that since Optimus compared Silas to Megatron back in "Convoy".

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Megatron mentioned that humans are resilient; he was already thinking on how he can get a human on his side to do his dirty work.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What it really means: Megatron will make some speech about how the humans are stronger than he thought, but are still worthless germs compared to the might of the Decepticons and will thus proceed to ignore/attack the humans at will.

What I woud love for it to: ZOMG HEADMASTERZ0R!!11!

9. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Silly people, it means Jack will become a Transtector for Orion!

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Megatron probably doesn't realize the true power of MECH. Sure they took Breakdown's eye, but Megatron probably still thinks he can bat away MECH goons like flies. I'd love for him to be proved wrong and have MECH wipe the floor with him, so he can reassess his objectives for Earth. Perhaps we are not worth it? Hmm.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm having a feeling Megatron's going to have a VERY rude awakeing once he sees how formidable MECH really is!

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Certainly. They have those formidable EMP spears they launched at Breakdown. They might have developed those to be more powerful and they could take down Megatron. It would be cool if more season 2 episodes focused on MECH.

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah not to mention they may also have Project Chimera ready to go too! That'll totally give Megatron a brutal lesson in never underestimating an oponent no matter how small or weak they may look! That's kind of ironic too since Megatron came from a gladiator background where the arena requires you to be always prepared for any surprises,he of all fighters should know better than to think carelessly of an opponet after all he's been through at Keon to survive!

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Begining of Megatron's downfall.

In the series finale Miko is going to go all Patrick Bateman on Megatron.

15. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

I thought Optimus was just saying that so Unicron wouldn't kill what he thought were his childeren. but he consiidered us as fleas and just made him hate us more.

16. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Humans are, by cibertronians standars, small, fragile and harmless by our own means. Plus, we don´t feed on Dark Energon like Primus´ children on normal Energon. We simply aren´t the kind of specie a Chaos Bringer God would breed by his evil purpose.

17. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Intent has nothing to do with whether or not humans are Unicron's spawn. We're his spawn the same way the hair that falls out of our heads is our spawn.

18. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Humanity is hair on a robot?

:lolol 

19. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Can we just pretend that Unicron was never revealed to be Earth's core, for the sake of me not making a rant thread about the whole "Humanity is Unicron's spawn" thing?

20. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Nope, sorry. :lolol