Humans damaging Transformers is nothing new

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kungfu Dinobot, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

There are at least 5 instances in the Marvel Comics, IIRC

1) Sparkplug WItwicky spike the Decepticon's energon with a freakin' powerful corrosive that left them crippled while fighting the Autobots. Only Shockwave's timely intervention saved them from defeat.

2)Shockwave, while assaulting a G.B. Blackrock oil rig, got harpoons stuck inside his skin.

3)Sephie Beller covered herself in circuits and became a robot-zapping supervillain.

4)G.B. Blackrock commissioned a squad of super heroes with one purpose : To fight Decepticons.

5) Megatron was injured by a Cobra-made Railgun, and was so impressed with it's power he traded his fusion cannon for one.. That's right! Megatron ditched his Cybertronian tech for a lowly human weapon.

But for some inexplicable reasons (yeah, right!), Michael Bay is the first person to commit such a heinous crime against transfandom.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    But did any of them die? No, they just got injured. Now, in the Michael Bay movies, Decepticons get shredded by goddamn machine gun fire. So, yeah; he is the first person to nerf Transformers.

3. Kungfu Dinobot

When, Pray tell?

4. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    ^Um, most of the protoforms in ROTF and DOTM. Also, I was more or less exaggerating with the "shredded" part; but there are a lot of Decepticons that get killed by humans.

5. Kungfu Dinobot

Nope, no machine guns.

Grenade launchers, or bazookas, or cannons, all packed with high explosives.

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    ^They also used machine guns dude. That's what they primarily used.

7. Kungfu Dinobot

Maybe... I think I saw bullets pinging off Sentinel Prime, but that just means Machine guns do Jack squat.

Besides, remember Simon Furman's quote: "It can be hurt, it can be killed.

Besides, did you remeber how the Ewoks totally sodomized Palpatine's "Best troops"?

8. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    ^Well, he was an ex-Autobot and he was a main character; so he has immunity. The protoforms don't; thus can be killed by machine guns.

And, did you just compare Stormtroopers to Decepticons? Wow, that's a huge leap. Also with you're Simon Furman quote; let me show you this:

[​IMG]

In every other continuity, Decepticons are like Godzilla; humans can't hurt them.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I don't mind humans hurting TFs or even killing them. It just seemed to easy in DOTM and ROTF.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    1. Sabotage of inner workings using spiked fuel. Not quite the same as taking them on with conventional weapons.

2. They got stuck in Shockwave's hide, yes. But they were nothing but a minor annoyance; he subdued the defenses and took the oil rig over without a hitch.

3 and 4. Dude. Superhumans.

5. A one-of-a-kind experimental superweapon.

No-one is saying Bay is the first person to introduce the concept of TFs being harmed by human mechanitions. He, however, is certainly the first to show them being harmed so easily and often. Which is a total cop-out.

11. Kungfu Dinobot

The Protoforms are cannon fodder, why are you so worried that they die easy?

Both Stormtroopers and Decepticons are space-faring racists that allegdely have the upper hand. Pretty similar to me!

I dunno, Megatron is invulnerable to all that weapon, but easily defeated by some 60+ mechanic?

Oh yeah, And your'e wrong about the "Every other continuity" part, Issac Sumdac decapitated Starscream with a Headmaster unit in Animated.

I'm pretty sure Godzilla in the 1954 Movie was killed by the oxygen destroyer, a human invention (that thankfully, isn't real).

12. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I'm loyal to just a few Transformers continuities. WFC/FOC, Prime, movie-verse, G1. However, even I think it's downright ridiculous how weak the Decepticons are to humans in the movies. I think it's the one thing that pisses me off about the whole trilogy. I think it's safe for me to say that if Michael Bay continues directing these movies and continues to give the most kills to the humans, I'm done.

13. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    @Kungfu Dinobot

Because protoforms are Decepticons and shouldn't be killed by humans.

Yeah, but stormtroopers were terrible soldiers that got killed by walking macguffins.

Yeah, but that mechanic had Autobot weaponry at his disposal, so he wasn't using human weapons.

He didn't kill Starscream though, just cut his head off. Also, the Headmaster unit had a high power cutting laser.

That's the only time he's ever being killed by humans. Also, the damn thing killed all the oxygen; so how the fuck is he meant to survive?

14. Kungfu Dinobot

Proof, please?

15. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    ^There's what, about hundreds of protoforms in ROTF and DOTM? Then you add Blackout from TF07, and bam; the humans have killed a shit ton of 'Cons.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron might have very well joined their number in 2007; the F-22s were knocking him around like a rag doll and you could argue that they might have ended up killing him had Sam not stepped in and shoved the Allspark into his...

... oh, wait. Megatron DID die at the hands of a human after all. :p 

17. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    ^True, but that human did have the Allspark; so I can let that one slide.

18. Kungfu Dinobot

We aren't caveman, you know... we developed the rocket!

Stormtroopers were supposed to be the greatest army in the galaxy, according to Obi-wan anyways. either his info is 20 years out of date, or he's fucking with Luke, or it's just movie logic.

I'm not talking about the Mechanic, I'm talking about Sparkplug Witwicky and his ultra-corrosive substence.

Headmaster tech is still human teah, by your logic it shouldn't even scratch the Decepticon's paintjobs.

About the Godzilla thing.... How did the oxygen destroyer worked anyways? I only read about it, never seen the movie.

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Learn to read. I said if.

What he said.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Seeing you talk like this makes me sincerely hope you've actually read all the Marvel stuff you mention in your original post.