Human weapons against decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meggamus, Oct 16, 2011.

?

Would u rather humans have very effective weapons?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. I don't mind/I don't care !

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Did u like that the humans fought back in dotm with hand held weapons that worked more effectively? or would u rather them keep their normal human weapons and let the autobots be the only ones with effective weapons?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Fucking hated it from the get go. By far my biggest issue with the Movie-verse. If the humans can take down Cons, what the hell are the Autobots there for?

The most I'll let the humans take out is 'lesser' Cons like Laserbeak, Frenzy and Ravage. Maybe even Skorponok. Heavy-hitters like Brawl, Blackout, Megs and Screamer should have missiles bouncing off them like peas.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

My thread had more options.:p 

Anyway. I liked it in the first Movie when humans could hurt Decepticons with a lot of difficulty.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The problem is human handguns, being given disproportionate powers.

Damage from huge missiles, big tank shells and huge cannons is always more palatable than handgun fire taking down a TF, be it protoform or not.
    But the focus is so incredibly much on Sam and the NEST guys surrounding him, most prominent heroic action scenes will involve human handguns - not human, tanks, jets, bombers etc.

It seems those elements faded away after ROTF. There was a railgun on a warvessel in ROTF indeed, but the way it was introduced was even less credible than the effect of the weapon itself.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I liked All Hail Megatron's take on humans vs. Decepticons. We threw everything we could at them, our most advanced technology and weapons and they just laughed at us.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I liked how they did it in the first film, in that it required a lot of firepower to defeat just one con...take Scorponok for example. In the second and third films it just got annoying......all the humans really had to do was sneeze heavily and the decepticons would fall over

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That's how thing used to be from the very start. The status quo. And then Bay and company just have to screw things up.

9. vipertaja

vipertaja Well-Known Member

I'm ok with the biggest artillery harming the decepticons, but I agree with Nachtsider that autobot's have to be crucial to winning any real conflict...otherwise there's no point in having them.

Yeah, I like how calling the military and shouting at them will get me a military strike with classified weapons to my desired location. :lol 

I just pretend that the guy had been contacted and told about Simmons and the rough situation beforehand. (It's still a massive stretch involving major liberties in geography and authority etc)

I like how marvel Megatron stepped out of his base and told the military to show him what they got. Then when the smoke clears he just scoffs at them and goes back inside the base. I understand why Bay and more importantly his military buddies wouldn't like that idea, but I do. :) 

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    That was pretty damn impressive as I remember :D 

11. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

I enjoyed how in the first movie the cons were near impossible to take down. The desert fight with Scorponok was awesome. It really drove home just how mighty Cybertronians really are. Blackout kicking ass ( yeah kinda one sided surprise attack, but you get the point ). Taking down Brawl, "Sir that tank thing's getting back up!"

When a con entered the scene you really got that "oh shit" sensation. That was lost come DOTM. You weren't SCARED of a con anymore. That's where I feel some of the magic was lost.

12. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

in DOTM, In order to battle the 'Cons, Wheeljack and human scientists have created MechTech.

13. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By the time DOTM was out, the humans had been working with NEST for years. They even showed them training with the Autobots on how to take down Decepticons. So of course by the third movie, NEST would be pretty skilled on dealing with Decepticons. There were just hundreds more they had to deal with.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not a fan of this idea that humans can take down Decepticons on their own. I'd rather have that feeling that the Autobots are the only ones that can save the day instead of feeling like all the humans really needed to do was just throw a few more men or a few more weapon systems at the Cons to take them down without the Autobots.

15. StanScream

StanScream Member

The worst is when they are shooting at Sentinel in the 3rd movie and he goes flying like 90 feet. And Blackout. A grenade launcher?!? Really?

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think people overreact on this, they say like humans could take them with a pistol or something, in every occassion they took down 'Cons they had to use some ridicuously heavy-weaponry artillery [rail gun, Boomsticks], or some lucky shot [Blackout's hole in the chest left his spark vulnerable from that point of attack, Shooting directly in the 'Cons eye to achieve a "kicking sand in the eyes" effect].

17. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

I dont care, this subject is getting really old/annoying. :redface2: 

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I would have liked to see more specialized weapons rather than standard anti-personnel stuff with a lame explanation, especially given the human soldiers were supposedly specially trained and equipped for anti-cybertronian combat. It's something they touched on in the first film, but I wish they had gone farther with it.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It seems really fucking stupid that Humans, as a species constantly innovating and upgrading our weapons and technology, would not be able to (especially with the help of Autobots) create weapons strong enough to defeat Decepticons. Decepticons who, like the Autobots, in almost every continuity, go thousands if not millions of years without advancing their weapons technology at all as part of the trope of having their war last eons.

It makes no sense.

Agreed. To me that's that only fault in this, is that they never make it explicit what's been done to advance their weapons, only that it has.

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Specially since our weaponry is reverse engineered from THEIR weaponry in the movie-verse.