Human Villains

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Julliant, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

The one thing I didn't like about G1 was that nothing the humans threw at Transformers even scratched their paint job. I'd like a balance - something like the more common weapons doing almost nothing, missiles and other powered projectiles could damage them a good bit if it's a good shot, and we could nuke them if we want (IDW Superion's fate).

That said, I actually like human villains and look forward to them BUT the Animated human villains weren't what I was hoping for. For starters, they're always drawn hideously. Secondly, it's ridiculous that like exploding teddy bears pose a threat to any Transformer if he were to put his guard down.

Before Nanosec returned in SUV I was hoping instead that a successor of the original Nanosec comes in his place, perhaps with some martial arts training already so the new Nanosec is a lot more dangerous. Meltdown is easily my favourite human villain because he's a threat and you can see why, plus he's got a decent story and motivation already, unlike Professor Princess which is like... wtf? Sure she can be around for comic relief but the fact that she can actually harm a Transformer is ridiculous.

I know that the purpose of the human villains were to allow the Decepticons to be portrayed as a more serious threat lurking in the background, but I'm still disappointed with the quality of the human villains.

Maybe Lord Chumley could appear as a kingpin kind of character for season 3, maybe having occasional interaction with Porter C Powell.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like Angry Archer. He's the only super villian I really like.

You have to remember villians liek Prof Princess are a parody. Actually they're all parodies. They're not meant to be taken seriously.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    maybe a Villan that give Riddles and Jokes.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both Nanosec are Meltdown are awesome.

In fact I like Nanosec 'n' Meltdown better than lots of bots.

5. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

I (surprisingly) like the human villains, and here's why.

Professer Princess is stupid but funny.
    Meltdown is dead. Right? "The stereotypical scientist into monster character"
    the Headmaster is annoying like many "internet idiots".
    the Angry Archer is a humorous in joke, & parody of comic book archer characters.
    Nanosec could be a real threat. Maybe. & is a parody of speedy comic book heroes & villains.

And

Slo-Mo or whatever she's called, is simply hot.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love all the human villains. My main favs are:
    Meltdown
    Headmaster

7. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because a villain is "dumb" doesn't mean they're not "dangerous".

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The human villains are cool, there's still some room in there for a couple more down the line. Porter C. Powell gets my vote, he is working out nicely as the Lex Luthor type of the series. I really hope if he should lose his hold on Sumdac Systems he'll go the full way with Luthor's style and adopt a super-suit to fight one on one with the Transformers. In fact if he hasn't got one stashed at the tower somewhere already I'd be surprised.

The human villains are a blast and keep things from getting too stale. They give the Autobots more to worry about than just the Decepticons, they keep the Decepticons dangerous by allowing them to take the occasional episode off so it becomes more of a big deal when one of the Decepticons shows, and they also from a story perspective stop the Decepticons from having to be shoehorned into every story. Sometimes, a plot comes along that a human villain works for. Velocity and Master Disaster come to mind, even if the real threat in that one was Blitzwing.

9. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No at the end of the ep you see a puddle form with his face.

I find most of the human villains kinda lame and should only be used sparingly.

Porter C Powell is interesting with the whole corporate take over thing.

Angry Archer is alright.

Headmaster is total pwnage.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Porter C Powell is my fave 'villain', mainly because he's more into amoral profiteering and his own power and advancement, not to mention using the law to his own advantage wherever possible. I suspect he'll become much more dangerous come the third season when he will probably do all he can to keep from returning company control back to Issac Sumdac.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not really sure how much of a threat the human villians really are. Yea Meltdown can do a bit of harm, but teddy bears and arrows haven't exactly been close to a Decepticon level of putting some hurt on a bot.

Kind of like that way myself. Not a fan of just anyone being able to pick up a regular weapon and being able to take down the robots. Just make the robot seem too weak if a normal human could take the robots because let's face it there are a ton of normal people on Earth. So it's nice that super powers or a super weapon is required to harm the bots.

I was sort of worried about human villains, but so far for me it feels like they haven't over used them. Normally just a bit at the start of a story and they are out of the way. Sort of good for a laugh and then on to other things.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Human villans= only thing I don't like about Animated.

That is all.

13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    The human villians are obviously no match for the excitement and entertainment of the Decepticons, but I'll live with them.

Meltdown can actually pose a threat, so you can give him that. Headmaster is stupid. Nanosec is okay, but I like his partner Slo-Mo. Yeah she's hot and I actually like her speech. Professor Princess is like WTF? Angry Archer is pretty lame.

They're okay to have in the show I guess, but not when they have to many episodes all to themselves.

14. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, to be perfectly fair, they've never had an episode "all to themselves." There have always been at least one Bot or Con in every episode the human villains were in, and a lot of the time they weren't central to the plot.

The closest they got was S.U.V., which also had Swindle and Bumblebee in it.

Of course, I'd say it's rather obvious where I stand on this topic. *looks at avi*

15. MR.UPGRADER

MR.UPGRADER Active Member

I like the human villains! (all except for Professor Princess)

Angry Acher is AWESOME! But my fave is Meltdown!

16. Visser One

Visser One Member

+1 for Meltdown.

He's the only one with some malice to him, and his obsession with organics is a nice contrast to all the bot technology.

17. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I only happen to like Sari. That's all.

And maybe Angry Archer.

18. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I love Professor Princess because she is so "WTF?". She is such an off the wall idea that it works for me.

19. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like all the human villains, but Slo mo and Angry Archer top my list.

20. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved all the villains to death.
    With the exception of slo-mo, I hated her with a burning passion. Her voice was so annoying to the point where I almost had to mute her whenever she started speaking.
    "Yeahhhh sheaaa?"