Human tech in masterforce

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by scubaboy31, Sep 15, 2011.

1. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    One of the largest discrepancies between masterforce and the series that came before it (Specifically S3/2010 and Headmasters) is that the level of technology seemed to have travelled back in time to 'modern' technology. Very little is futuristic, when the prvious shows were firmly in the sci fi camp.

the question is why? (in an in-fiction way)

I believe that it ties into the fact that the Cybertronians essentially left Earth at the end of Headmasters, and that they took the means to power the futuristic technology with them. For society and tech to have made such a massive leap between the mid 80s and 2005 alternative energy would have been a major influence along with the 'alien' help from the autobots.

That energy would have been Energon.

However, I believe the means to create energon would have been retained by the Autobots: while they would happily supply the means to produce it they wouldn't give up the secret, and took it with them into space, forcing Humanity to revert to the old ways in the years to come, which is why we see a very present day level of technology in Masterforce.

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    actually, the series is called "Super God Master Force" in japan. notice it wasnt called transformers. at all. i think the reason for the human pilots was a nod to the fact that, the original Diaclone toys were to have pilots. so they went that route. now why did they referance the Headmasters? well A: it could have been due to fact they wanted to say it was same series but this was a Reboot of sorts. they excluded any characters from the original american series so that it would be stand out and be all their own.

now as for the "down grade" ... that's not nessarily true. again due to the japanese culture differance and the desire to be a stand alone series, i think they decided to give it a more traditional anime feel. also, take into account that in s3/2010 Headmaster most settings were in outer space, or inside an autobot cityformer or in an autobot base itself. so the hi-tech stuff would be appropriate for all that.

next, in the G1 line, at least within the cartoons, they didnt really touch on energon as being a superior energy source it just what energy was refined into for cybertronian consumption. so while they did use it for currancy, its not nessarily the here all be all energy source its made out to be in recient years. (particularly the movies and TF Superlink/Energon)

lastly the Autobots did leave earth, yes, but i highly doubt they;d take things with them thats not in there nature to set back another race of creatures.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I think you'll find it was called Transformers: Super God Masterforce, so you're wrong there.

And while it was a departure from what came before (and an intentional one at that) I asked for in fiction reasons.

As for the Autobots taking their tech with them... do you really think the human race could be trusted with it? Or would it just be used for warfare?