Human Drivers/Alliance- Awesomesauce!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Radioactive Ravage, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Okay, I wasn't too sure about this series at first- the stock photos on the box of the Sam/Bumblebee Human Alliance looked a little awkward.

However, after taking a look at the Toyfair pics of this figure, I've decided to make this one an instant buy. The robot mode looks FANTASTIC- a great representation of the character with not too much of the CGI design being altered. Even the lack of a right hand is okay with me- I think the mold looks fantastic on its own. The vehicle mode achieves a goal that I've been waiting to surface for a while now- TFs with drivers. And this isn't just any orange/red/other plain color, non-articulated, minuscule driver, it's a Sam figure that could be (actually, is approximately) two or three inches tall. The alt mode has a very decent interior and has two seats, which I love... and looks solid from the outside as well!

But when I heard the word of an Ironhide Human Alliance set, and potentially more vehicles coming after that- I flipped out. If the Bumblebee mold looks this great, I can't wait to see what they do with an Ironhide. Now, don't get me wrong, I have the Offroad Ironhide from the first movie and I do like the mold very much, but the chance to get another larger, more detailed, accurate figure is driving me crazy.

However, I didn't create this topic to simply voice my opinion upon what looks like an incredible figure(actually, I kinda did), I wanted to know what you guys think of the Human Alliance sets- Bumblebee, the rumored Ironhide, and any other figures you'd be excited to see in this scale. Personally, I'd love to see a Decepticon Car, maybe bringing back Barricade from the first movie or the new Sideways, but they don't really have any humans to ally with, do they? Or perhaps they do, and we just don't know about it yet...

Thoughts?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

HA BB doesn't lack a right hand, it fold us for the gun.

And I'd so buy an HA Barricade in Cop car form w/ a frenzy or mustache man driver!

3. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Where did you see that?

4. Radioactive Ravage

Yeah, I'm curious to know where you go that from. If it's true, that makes this mold bought two seconds earlier.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I believe we had pics of out-of-box HA BB with both hands, but it's too late for me to go digging.

But yeah, Human Alliance is epic win. I've been waiting for ever for this. Where's the article that says there's a HA Ironhide?

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know- I seem to remember hearing info about a HA Ironhide.

Apparently one with Mikaela Banes is thought of being made. So then I will have both a figure of Sam and Mikaela.

Cue sick thoughts.

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    arent they making a HA Optimus too?

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Since there's supposedly three planned so far. I wonder who the third is.
    I hope it's either Ratchet, or one of the new characters.

I think it was in a news story where Red Leader posted press-release type descriptions of the ROTF line that he received.

That was a typo on Red Leader's part. Instead of typing "Bumblebee and Ironhide"; he typed "Bumblebee and Optimus Prime".

I also find the possibility of a HA Prime to be unlikely. As the humans are all supposed to be the same scale.(2 1/2 inches?) Which would make prime pretty big compared to the other HA figures.

9. Radioactive Ravage

Stated here: Revege of the Fallen Devastator is Supreme, Human Alliance Ironhide In Pipeline Transformers

Signs point to Captain Lennox being his counterpart, considering the two were seen together at the end of the first film. Plus, Ironhide would totally team up with the human who shoots the most.

My head would explode if such a figure were created.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hot... I mean, koala bears...

What? Oh! Yeah, I would think an IH/Lennox set would be a good idea. Lennox was one of my favourite humans in the first flick.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd kinda like to see a HA version of Barricade, Starscream, Prime, Sideswipe, and all kinds of TF's. I think its an awsome idea to have TF's transform with drivers still attached

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    maybe one with Alice and Sideways, for the Cons.

13. Radioactive Ravage

That's what I was thinking/hoping. Who knows?

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Depending on how he looks, I'm thinking about getting the HA Ironhide figure, and then remaining him Trailbreaker or something. Bumblebee doesn't look too bad, but something about his legs bothers me, and I'm happy enough with the Deluxe Premium version I already have. Though that Preview remold of the Deluxe CC mold is getting more enticing the more I see it.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont see how there could be anyway to fit an ironhide in the H.A. price point. Ironhide is almost as big as Prime in vehicle mode. I truly hope they keep to scale, at least in this price point, or it kinda defeats the point. There more then enough cars between movies 1 and 2 to keep this line going

16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I love the idea and the execution seems great too.
    Bumblebee will be bought on sight!
    I can see Sideways with Alice happening, but personally I'd love to have Barricade with either Frenzy or the moustache dude!
    Also Ironhide with Lennox sounds cool, but as said before impossible to do in scale at that pricepoint.

17. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Well, I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here and say I think this HA idea is pretty cool. It's nice to see an actual action figure coming with a Transformer. What's really great is that it seem like neither the bot moder or the human have any major amount of articulation sacrificied for the idea either.

Were I to buy any RoTF figures, I think HA BB and any other HA sets would be the one to buy.

18. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    The HA BB is the best one I have seen, it really nails the character. Would be good to see all the bots get the same treatment.

19. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

Barricade's moustache dude FTW!!

Didn't Blackout have a military moustache dude too?

Thats 3/5ths of a minature Villiage People set.

20. Radioactive Ravage

When you look at the packaging, you can see that there's a lot of open space above BB, which I'm guessing would be filled by a HA Ironhide. The great thing about these sets is that they HAVE to possess a scale that is proportional to the action figure, so Ironhide will be huge, that's true... but that's going to make placing a Human Driver figure inside of his alt mode so much cooler, and his final bot mode will be just fantastic.