Human/Autobot Relationship

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HoneyPrime, Jun 26, 2014.

1. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

What has bugged me about the films so much is the slow destruction of the human bond with the Autobots. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movies, even RotF, and am hyped to see this one, but I really don't like what they have done to the human/Autobot relationship. I really, really don't. And it's getting tons worse with this new movie.

I fell in love with the theme of Autobots and humans working together to keep this planet safe and each side having respect for each other. It just seems like these movies just totally rip that to shreds. I hope and pray it starts getting turned around in the movie due out in 2017.

What does everyone else think?

2. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It's harsh, yet...I kinda like it. I don't know...maybe I'm so used to seeing the Autobots allying with humans, that the idea of them turning against each other is really interesting to me.

3. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    This, definitely this.

The movie is treading some new territory that hasn't been done a million times (human-autobot alliance) and I can't wait to see where they take it now.

4. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah!
    Also, what I'm hearing about Optimus in this film...oh, boy...that makes it even more interesting.

5. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

After everything the Autobots did to save the world, the "thanks" they got was to be hunted down like criminals. And it's going to be easy for the humans to kill them, since the Autobots won't harm them.

6. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Everytime prime flipped shit at the humans in this movie was a great moment. I love the direction they took. It's not the prime everyone knows and loves, but that's fine, we don't need to keep having that same prime. I hope the future director doesn't decide to fall back to the happy skippy fun time prime

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Autobots/ Humans have been allied since G1......I'm tired of the whole "protecting the world that hates and fears them" in Transformers thing that was kinda there in Marvel, is present in IDW and here. If I wanted to see heroes chased by the government I'd read X Men or DC now.

Of course, that's the Gewunner in me.