Heavy/Scratch: Human Alliance Scale Movieverse MENASOR

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zildjian, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's awesome. Insane. You can't really tell from the front that's Motormaster making the torso. The only thing that seems off to me are the hands and feet. They're not as clawlike or weird looking as most movie Decepticons. But whatever, this is great. Send it to me, along with that WFC Megatron. Thanks!

2. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

I find new parts and more details every time I look at these pics. Layer upon layer of brilliant aesthetic design topped off by pro level paintwork. This looks so damn great it could be used for filmmaking as a stop-motion model.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm a fan of the movie style and I understand your point of view, but for me personally, it just looks off. Yeah, the movie bots all have weird proportions, but they still look 'right' if that makes sense; they all look like they have no trouble moving, and their proportions manage to convince their strength nicely. Look at the bots which you mentioned; Devastator's torso was right for a gorilla-proportioned robot, nice and wide and bulky, ending in large powerful arms. Scalpel has a long torso, but he also has six legs. Starscream is the weirdest of them all, but even he still works, with his almost bird-like design and wide torso and big arms that still convey a sense of power. All of them would most likely fall flat on their ass if they were real, but they still manage to look 'right'.

This, though, looks like it would waggle instead of walk with how short the legs are compared to the torso, and it doesn't even have long arms to compensate for it, like Devastator did. It probably doesn't help that his torso is big but not wide, and ends in relatively normal sized arms, which for me at least breaks the illusion of power this thing has. Making the forearms bigger and/or longer could fix that, but that's not my call obviously. :lol  A long torso would have been fine if he walked around on all fours, or if the arms and legs were longer, but like this, it's kinda 'eeeeh'.

Naturally the most important thing is that you are happy with it, but hopefully I managed to clarify my view on the torso and why it doesn't work for me.

4. joekabuto

joekabuto http://www.joekabuto.com/

Ebay:
    this is very awesome job and kick ass!!! :bay 

5. firebapx

firebapx Starscream

megatron in a top hat greatist thing ever

6. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Awesome! You should be (and I'm sure you are) ridiculously proud of what you accomplished. This is by far one of the most detailed customs I've seen on these boards. Amazing work!

7. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, right? I will never take it off of him!

8. zonghui

zonghui Active Member

the effort and amount of work put into it is an achievement itself. months of preplanning and the time taken to paint this combiner is a task that deserves a bow of appreciation. I know building a combiner is never easy and i would love to try my hand at it one day, should i be able to get the parts i need.

what i see though is something off. since you decided to make this combiner look like something out of the movie, why not go all the way out? something like ROTF devastator? or the concept pics of ROTF overlord? here it seems like you did go that route, but only halfway as the head and torso are the only parts that look like they belong in the movies. the rest of the parts are too blocky, like the forearms, hands and pelvis and that ultimately makes the custom look like a cross between a G1-verse and movie-verse menasor.

don't get me wrong, i am sure you had your reasons but being a movie-verse custom, i really think that you should have let your creativity skills go wild and not stick to the standard anthropomorphic look of the G1 transformers.

9. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree 100%, however you need to remember that stability, weight, and gravity all play a role as well. There were certain limitations I had to work with due to the sheer size and weight of the figure. Thanks for the compliments though!

10. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Zildj, that's really beautiful. I didnt realize the size till I saw it against Leader Megs. That's crazy. I really love the devy's head (right?) and the mods made to it. Everything about it is just awesome!

11. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

That head is the mother of all movie styled heads. Just perfect in every way. Beautiful paintwork all around.

12. devastation

devastation TFW2005 Supporter

dude I don't care what everybody says but this is the best combiner I've ever seen.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  13. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

OMG ^o^ This goes on the top 3 list of best customs I've ever seen- and Ive seen a lot!

14. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    that is incredible! those four eyes are killer!

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Love it. Those eyes man, those eyes

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Finaly! Combiner kibble that does something!

17. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Looks good, but why is he all body and arms? his legs seem rather puny and small compared to the rest of him.

However that can easily be forgiven because there is a lot of details in this piece I really thoroughly enjoy looking at. I can tell there was alot of thought and effort (blood, sweat, tears and Axel Grease) put into this massive piece. I just wish more focus could have also gone into his legs as well.

The paint apps, are very nicely done, and I love the wires and the light up eyes. Very movie-like.

All-in-all, the piece is fantastic, nice job.

18. FireShot

FireShot Autobot Recon Team

Whoa!
    That is just sick with detail!

I like the added hoses..unique.

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    He Ated Him.

20. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    It's Movie 1 Leader Prime, heavily "misstranformed" to fit him in this really bad ass combinier!