Heavy/Scratch: Human Alliance Scale Movieverse MENASOR

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zildjian, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    The head is a masterpiece and those paint apps are perfect.

Brilliant work. :) 

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

I love all the detailing and paint work, but still think the torso is far too large.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its very movie-style. And although I don't dig movie style, grading it within that spectrum and perspective, this is really cool.

4. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    that is awesome. really has a true movie look to it.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not a movie aesthetic lover but i love what you did with them

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    not a BIG fan of the face overall. I do quite enjoy the lit up eyes, but the rest of the face is too busy for my taste. well, let me say, the eyes and that mouth grill are what i like. the rest is too busy.

The torso is a bit too long.

I haven't looked yet, so maybe you did and i haven't seen it yet - but couldn't the rest of the stuff have been turned into some kind of trailer? Motormaster's the perfect candidate to drag that stuff around, more than any other combiner leader.

this last bit, i say knowing full well everything here is "just toys" etc, but "instory", are we assuming the Stunticons grow when they form Menasor? Megatron wouldn't be so small.

on the other hand, it's simply "hey i'd like to take these sized vehicles and make a huge Menasor out of em." scale be damned.

I would've liked to have seen Dragstrip be different, only because we have seen so many Dragglebees.

I like the hand lights, i can imagine him just projecting energy beams from his palms - so much more movie-ish and practical than running around with a large rifle.

Not bad!

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You know. How the HELL did you take those pictures too? I have a hard enough time taking leader class pics.

8. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    a room, a camera, a tripod, luck :D 

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I really like the movie feel from this. I will say that I am in agreement with some of the statements about the torso and the limbs, it seems a little too long, but in order to really get the stability and the aesthetic from HA class figures, I can see why it was taken in that direction. The fact that it's 24" and that you put so much work into it really deserves applause.

10. Grimlock'N'Load

Grimlock'N'Load Well-Known Member

Jesus H Bartholomew Christ !!!!!!!!!! This is awesome work man. Where did the styrene head we saw on procustomizers a while back end up? Don't get me wrong though man this new head is the shiznit. Well done that man : )

11. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It obviously took a lot of time, but the end result doesn't feel very coherent. The cars are basically just sitting on the same basic Unicron-combiner frame, and I don't understand the hoses. The proportions are all wonky, and the head sits really high. The decals on the individuals are nice, but at the same time, the size of the limb guys jut highlights how little integration there is as a combiner set.

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Whilst I admire the sheer amount of effort and hard work that you've put into this monster, there's just something about him that feels 'off' to me. The individual Stunticons are perfect, but as a gestalt, the proportions don't seem to work. The waist and thighs look too small, the torso looks too long, the head seems overly large, the shoulders sit too low and the elbows, forearms and hands just look odd in relation to the other parts. I would say you were stuck between a true Movieverse aesthetic, and wanting to be true to G1.

It's a shame because I've been following your other threads and they've blown me away, and indeed the paintwork, and sculpting that you've done here is fantastic.

But having said all that, it's your work, and as long as YOU are happy with it that's all that matters, and you've certainly given me a few ideas to work with.

13. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    loving the paintworks and the head.
    the head alone looks like quite a good amount of time was spent on it!!!!:thumbs2: 

the only things i could mention have already been mentioned.
    the upper torso seems kind of wide,akin to energon fatimus prime,but without the drones.
    i also agree with a few previous statements that it does kinda seem "non" movie esthetic the way the two upper arm bots are just tacked onto the "existing" arms.
    (could be just me but imho it kinda defeats the purpose of calling him a combiner if he already has both attached almost full arms "without" the actual combiner bots.)
    can he also stand without the two lower leg bots?how come no rear shots of the giant bad@ss?
    i'm interested in how the "floating/partsforming" rear wheels were "affected" by the combination.(unless both of the leg bots kinda slide in there like the old school gobots "combiner power suit":drool: )

the only other question i would have about this cool monster is what happens to the "sleeper cab" on motormaster?partsformed to the same place as g1 primes trailer in the toon?did you find a way to integrate it somehow?
    maybe it can be a giant shield or something if it does indeed have to be removed to make this beast?

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Sadly, I have to agree with this. The long torso especially almost kills it. The effort that goes into this though really shows; love all the detailing put in, as well as the paint applications. Those really are terrific.

15. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback, especially those that offered it in a constructive way.

Here is what I don't understand and really never will. Everyone is commenting on the torso and how "long" it is or is not.... what are you all comparing it to? A human being? Just remember one thing.... this is a alien ROBOT. It is not a human, it was not meant to resemble a human.... It was my interpretation of what a Menasor combiner "might" look like. Was ROTF Devastator's torso accurate? Was Scalpel's? What about Starscream's? His torso was 3 times as wide as it "should be" and his legs were probably 3 times as skinny as they should be. If this was a generation 1 figure I would agree, but it is not. Sometimes, just sometimes you need to think outside of the box. I like the movie style, because it is SO creative and outside of the box, there are no limitations. Just some food for thought on my thought and creative process.

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    because sometimes (actually all the time) it's impossible to make everyone happy. negative /unsupported opinions/comments can often be interpreted as compliments. This is just in general (no pointing fingers of course) If this were perfectly proportioned to a human, you'd get comments such as "it's too human-like" if it integrated the vehicles perfectly, and there were zilch extra parts, you may get comments such as "poorly proportioned" if it were too movie-like (though your intention) you'd get "too bayverse for Menosor" ...you see my point.

It's a great custom. Embraces everything kitbashing and customizing is about; it's original, new, fresh, fits in it's genre perfectly. It combines stability with impressive height, while still pulling off a great movie-vibe.

17. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    well i can only speak for myself, i'm not trying to match it to a human (well, consciously). it just looks stretched out, like it was a Menasor taffy that you pulled on both ends. i tried my best to just compare it to itself, yknow?

18. jcru

jcru Well-Known Member

It's truly unbelieveable. It's an excellent blend of G1 and movieverse. I love the way the right shoulder is slightly higher than the left, which is true to the original Menasor.

The paint job is just so beyond what I envisioned when I saw the WIP pics. The metallic tones and shading is just phenomenal. I happen to be a big fan of the Unicron "skirt" or flaps, so I like the way I can see that when I look at this piece. It makes me feel like I have a sense of how this was put together, even though, truthfully, it's well beyond my understanding of kitbashing.

The hands are incredible and I like the fact that I cannot identify them, which makes me wonder if they were scratch built. The individual pieces were works of art to begin with, and the combination of the lot of them in this piece makes it so much greater than the sum of it's parts.

The corvette body being suspended over the chasis of the car is just creative genius. I can go on and on.

The only thing depressing at this stage is that even if it went on the Bay, my bid would get blown away at this point, but not for lack of trying. Someone is going to own this Masterpiece and it ain't going to be me, and that might make it even more epic than it already is.

19. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

well said man. the amount of creativity, patience, and hard work is inspiring. i'm not a movie verse fan, but I can realize this, and know the difficulty this custom requires.

you cant make everyone happy, no one EVER will. you're hard work paid off, and you should be proud. the paints ALONE are amazing.

20. 12bulkhead

12bulkhead Artist

*gasps and drops to knees* M-M-M-... Menasor!