Human Alliance, PowerCore, or Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Heat Blast, May 2, 2010.

?

What should I collect?

Poll closed May 22, 2010.
  1. Human Alliance/Binaltech/Alternators/Masterpeice

24.1%
  2. PowerCore Combiners

7.2%
  3. Generations

68.7%
  1. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

Due to many negative circumstances, I am forced to reduce my collecting range to one line... The choices are as follows:

• Human Alliance/Alternators/Binaltech/Masterpiece
    • PowerCore Combiners
    • Generations

What's your opinions?

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It all comes down to personal preference. However, If I could only collect one line, it would most likely be Generations.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto. Depends entirely upon what you like more.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a personal thing really. Myself? I voted for Generations... mainly because it's a continuation of Hasbro's "Legacy Line" (Classics, Universe 2.0 & now Generations) and so far the releases looks stunning (really thrilled to be getting Cybertronian versions of the G1 characters even if it is only because of War for Cybertron).

I'll also likely be getting some of the Power Core Combiners... Huffer definently. He looks to be in the "Classics" style and should fit right in... I'll probably be getting the Micromaster homages as well.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's what you like, for me, all of the above. :D 

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Generations but id go for PCC as well

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personal preference. Human Alliance, Masterpiece and other lines like it doesn't seem to release too much, but the figures are usually quality and expensive. PPC seems like Pokemon, where if you have more, it's a lot more fun. Generations seems to be a mix of old and new molds from all over the TF universe.

Personally? I'm taking a bit from each of what I like.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    If you like them all about the same, I would pick the line with the stuff that you think is going to be tougher (more expensive) to get in the future when circumstances change for the better. I personally would pick up any generations that you find at retail, add in a missing Alt or MP when you can splurge, wait to see if some of the HA hit sales/clearance and skip the PCCs cause they are junk.

9. Chimerus

Chimerus Active Member

also depends on what you want to do with them. for display, Id probably got with alt/masterpiece, for play, pcc. although i like generations for a nice balance without too much wallet hurtings.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Generations, but with the caveat that you also go for classics/universe as well. Too many great figures not to own across the line(s).

HA/MP also have some truly amazing figures although I'm personally not an alt/BT type of guy.

PCC are looking like some of the worst TF toys in a long long time. I will never own one of these.

Just my opinions, but you'll be getting so much more for your money, and better looking figures, if you choose either of the first 2 options.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It's a tie between HA and Generations. IMO, I'm not too big on the Powercore Combiners, but the HA and Generations figures look incredibly awesome.

12. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    it would have been classics/generations but you put masterpiece in that first selection so masterpiece it is,

Do you have the rest of the so called generations line? such as classics, classics 2.0?

13. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Generations. We're getting WFC toys from it. :D 

14. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why limit yourself to one line? Just get whatever you can afford and what looks cool!
    Personally, i'd snap up the G1 style universe figures if I could find any.

15. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Of course that depends on your preferences.
    So I'll write this from my viewpoint.
    G1 is closest to my heart and because of that I will concentrate on Generations to continue building my epic classics/Universe/Henkei Autobot and Decepticon armed forces.
    Will get a few Masterpieces too, Roddy if he comes out, even though I'm perfectly happy with Kissplay and Alternators Roddy. (I have plenty of Alternators and Binaltechs and have them in the same "universe" as the Masterpieces.
    Even though I'm not that big into the movieverse, I think I'll buy all the Human Alliance toys.

Powercore Combiners... nah, I'll probably skip all of those.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it depends on if you are going to be into collecting for the long haul.

Generations is the best bet since it fits in with Classics, Universe, and even parts of Cybertron so there are plenty of things to add into a growing collection later on. Seems to be a look that Hasbro keeps going back to.

Power Core is a bit of gamble since we have no idea if they will catch on with kids and collectors. If they don't sell well then don't expect a lot of them in the future.

Even Human Alliance seems like a limited run as I image the look will get dropped as soon as they stop making live action films. Keeping the movie look depends too heavily on the fickle general public not getting bored. A bad film or two that doesn't make enough money and it's gone like any other toy that depends on a movie.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Generations is coming out soon, and is a great succesor to Universe. They are cheaper than the other lines, and only conists of deluxes so far, but they look to be of great quality like the Universe and Classics toys. I recommend Generations as your choice.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I collect classics and universe, so I voted generations.

19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a problem with this thread and the poll in general that I think we already pointed out. Everyone is going to vote where they're preferences lie, but what about the OP's own preferences? We are a diverse fanbase and each of us are different. Asking what to collect is a silly question unless you're split on all of them.

^ Case in point.

20. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Sorry but ain't it a little too early to pick one since PCC and Generations are not even out
    yet as far as I know here in the US.Sure from the pics we've seen they are nice but until
    we actually get them I would wait.

And since I'm here I guess I will suggest you decide for yourself like others have said,but
    from my own opinion I would probably go for generations,as they follow the classic line
    that I like.Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 2, 2010