Human Alliance Classic Camaro BB Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Napjr, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    What? you didnt saw the Hasbro panel on Comic Con? this is going to be a Takara Tomy exclusive limited to 3! I got an early sample and decided to make a review!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kidding aside, i was able to get the oversized 76´ Camaro from Chimungmung (Ghenzao from KOtoys also has it in stock), apparently its a second run from the original released in 2007 summer

Here´s the original KO, main difference is the inner pieces mold color and the chest logo. The carded sample is the current version, that pic taken from KOtoys for informative purpouses (i asked chimungmung to ship it loose to save on shipping :)  )

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So anyway, the figure obviously is bigger than the original but somehow, seems to be close in scale to HA Bumblebee. That was the main reason i had to buy it

Car mode is pretty nice, keeping most of the detail of the deluxe, panels align correctly and looks nice. To note is that side fender lights were omited, the grill was simplified and the front lights got rounded

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheels suffers from detail loss, most noticeable on the rims, even though they are black. Also im not sure if they are molded like that or painted, but they have a decent black mate finish. They are extremely loose and apparently the pegs should be shorter

[​IMG]

Some comparison pics with KO BT Sunstreaker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot mode is pretty decent, plastic quality holds well most transformations but the car panels are extremely thin (mainly arm armor, doors & windshield, as wel ALL the small tabs to hold in car mode), and can break anytime, otherwise inner robot pieces cant take some abuse without worrying about damage

All the balljoints are extremely tight, if you can, try to sand a bit the ball sockets, just a little, to free the articulation a little. Obviously, remove then with extreme caution (the balljoints seems to be resistant but i wouldnt trust the plastic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every single detail was simplified from the upsizing, even though its there, you cant see all the lines as sharp as the Hasbro Deluxe, but they are there anyway. Automorph was removed from the chest (the button is missing and the front lights are molded as a single piece, so they dont move) but the legs are intact. Head also suffers from detail loss, but otherwise is decent

Articulation is unaffected respect the real figure

I threw the missiles and the extra guns, they were very thin and fragile, not worth mentioning them, the launchers in the other hand, only fit on the wheels on robot mode. He cant hold em since the hand holes are too small (he can however, hold the real launchers). Also included was a small micromaster jet, craptastic i must say so i wont bother taking pics

[​IMG]

Overall, quality aside, im pretty satisfied with the figure, he can make a decent display piece if you left in in vehicle mode OR if you have the ways to improve it via kitbashing (something im doing, check Radicons!)

If you can get it for cheap or locally, i fully recomend him, just try to transform him slowly to avoid breaking the car panels!

Now, some comparison pics with HA Bumblebee! I need to mention these pics were taken earlier today, after i made several mods to the figure (as mentioned on my thread on radicons), but for size reference they are nice anyway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff