Human Alliance Barricade in Package @ 2009 Autumn Miyazawa Model Show

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For all the people wondering why there is a Deluxe Ratchet...well ok, I don't know WHY there is one, but I would NEVER have purchased the Voyager version despite really liking the character. The vehicle mode is cool (if you like Hummers, which I don't) but the robot is ugly and has the wrong weapons.

Cheaper Ratchet, more in scale with my Decepticons, better robot mode that's packing a gun? It will be mine. Also, paired with Lockdown, who will also be mine.

HA Barricade is also bought on sight, one of my favorite movie characters but the Deluxe is very meh. I actually only own the Legends version right now, which is pretty cool for what it is. I figure it will be a bit inaccurate due to the gimmick, like BB, but BB looks cool enough so that it doesn't remotely matter, and from what I've seen Barricade looks very cool.

As far as I'm concerned, their engineering in the movie line has gotten noticeably better just since 2007. New molds for old characters has been nothing but good news so far.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For all the people wondering why there is a Deluxe Ratchet...well ok, I don't know WHY there is one, but I would NEVER have purchased the Voyager version despite really liking the character. The vehicle mode is cool (if you like Hummers, which I don't) but the robot is ugly and has the wrong weapons.

Cheaper Ratchet, more in scale with my Decepticons, better robot mode that's packing a gun? It will be mine. Also, paired with Lockdown, who will also be mine.

HA Barricade is also bought on sight, one of my favorite movie characters but the Deluxe is very meh. I actually only own the Legends version right now, which is pretty cool for what it is. I figure it will be a bit inaccurate due to the gimmick, like BB, but BB looks cool enough so that it doesn't remotely matter, and from what I've seen Barricade looks very cool.

As far as I'm concerned, their engineering in the movie line has gotten noticeably better just since 2007. New molds for old characters has been nothing but good news so far.

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Why are people saying they're dissapointed with Barricade? What are you basing this on?

As far as I'm aware, we've seen one oddly posed Hasbro stock photo bot mode picture and that's it. Remember how awful HA Sideswipe looked in his package photos? No? Can't say I'm surprised. :rolleyes: 

4. tman

tman Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    awesome i m picking it up when it release.

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Barricade looks pretty cool. I have not purchased a Barricade prior to this as I was disappointed by the previous Deluxe mould. This is what I have been waiting for. Ratchet is also a must if only for a more screen-accurate robot mode.

6. toydolls

toydolls TFW2005 Supporter

This is a must have for me ^_^

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I can't pass up an Alternator-sized Barricade. Very cool. :thumb 

8. GNX 0014 Purity

GNX 0014 Purity Well-Known Member

This looks cool and i mean sub zero.

Attached Files:

9. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Same. I will definitely buy a smaller Ratchet. Good idea with Lockdown. I didn't put those two together.

10. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

HA Barricade? cool!

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I wish we saw Brawn out of package. he's one of the few RoTF toys I'm looking forward to.

12. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

My only issue is that the left arm actually has a HAND and just converts to that weapon. Otherwise, I'm going to have to look into some major kitbashing.

I'm still buying him, though...

It's funny, but that's how they presented them at Botcon. Their weapons are exchangeable, and their bios are going to match. Same as with Jungle Ironhide and Bludgeon. It's a pretty cool idea, and I'll be buying both as well.

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Oh, goodness.

Why can't anyone see the arm design on Barricade? His arm is bent fully at the elbow and bent back at the shoulder 90 degrees, thus making the turret that is positioned on the back of his shoulder accessible to Frenzy. This can be seen by where the shoulder peg is connecting to the entire right arm. Does anybody see this?

14. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
    Some other observations:
    -He has faux side windows on his back, his doors are on his shoulders
    -His seats fold up on the back of his arms, you can see Frenzy sitting in the right one.

15. 7827727326

7827727326 Active Member

if you look closely at the other deluxe packaging, they're all a level 3 conversion.

16. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

...the other arm. Not to the left of the picture. HIS left.

With the buzzsaw tire. And the hopes that the rest of a regular arm and hand are folded up back there somewhere.

The right arm makes sense--don't have a problem seeing what's going on there.