Minor/Repaint: Human Alliance Barricade Hip Joint mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TERMN8NU, Jan 3, 2010.

1. TERMN8NU

TERMN8NU Well-Known Member

Hello all,

When I got HA Barricade, I was very disappointed with his leg articulation. This was all because of the range of movement of the little pieces that connect the legs to the crotch piece. A little Dremel work fixed all my issues with the figure.

The first picture shows the hip joint pieces in the position yours should be in before the mod. The second picture shows the natural range of movement with the hip joints in this position. Not exactly natural when you think about the way legs should be able to move straight forward and backward.

The third picture shows the hip joint position after the mod. You can see that the hip joint pieces can now move into a position that's basically 90 degrees to the body of the figure. The fourth picture shows the new more natural range of motion. It allows him to be placed in most any pose.

When you look at your unmodified figure and compare it to the first picture, you should see the pieces that have to be dremeled (since the mod has already been done on the figure in the pictures). Sorry, I didn't take any before pictures, or I would have posted them.

I looked all around for record of someone else that had done this mod and couldn't find any, but I apologize if this duplicates someone else's post. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. demonicfirefly

demonicfirefly Well-Known Member

I did this and posted it in aother thread but you did a great job of explaining it. i Think its a pretty obvious and easy to do mod myself.

3. bwheeler0018

bwheeler0018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great post... Helped me out a lot!!!

4. john bee prime

john bee prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope to follow what you did if and when i get a hold of a H.A. Barricade

5. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I'm bumping this thread as I was about to create one.

This might be old news, but I got my HA Barricade recently, and felt the need to do this mod. I didn't found this thread before doing the mod, only text explanations, so that's why I took some pics to show it.

Along with the hip joints, I looked at his waist joint, and it's pretty simple to give him a swivel joint too. Take the 4 screws out in the back, and you'll see a simple ridge that prevent movement. I took it out with a dremel and used a file to finish the job (to make sure it was all gone).

[​IMG]

The hip are simple too, after disassembling you can cut the knob with a knife pretty easily, it's a soft plastic (note: I have the Takara version so Habro's might be harder or not). You can see in the second pic bellow that I left a little bit of plastic on the outside so they stop at the angle I wanted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a few pic after the mod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    OMG.... I've got all the HA's figures but never transformed them :D  (except BB)
    2bad I like to keep the movie lines (the ones I have only ones) intact! :(