Human Alliance Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Radioactive Ravage, May 2, 2011.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I think it's high time these guys got their due. They freaking rock, and they're the more play-friendly versions of Alternators. Bumblebee set the trend for these guys- well articulated, great representation of the character even if it wasn't 100% movie accurate, with fantastic transformation that put him in an accurate, drive-able vehicle mode. Sideswipe may have dropped the ball a bit, but he does have the sleekest and sharpest looking Stingray mode out of all the other versions of him, and comes backed with some pretty nice features- and a weird backpack that sacrifices look for gimmick. They came back in full-force with Skids, managing to take a compact car and turn it into... well, a compact robot, chok-full of detail and. Barricade was a great rendition of the original character, looking massive and hulking and possessing an awesome vehicle mode. Mudflap, though hard to find, is another gem just like his brother. Of course, who could forget Jazz...? Finally, a beautifully painted, well detailed and sculpted version of this character, with one of the most fantastic alt modes out of the entire line.

Now, we all know we have at least three more of these guys on the way- Leadfoot, Roadbuster, and Soundwave- which makes me more excited than ever. These guys pose great together in both forms, and I can't wait to have more of them show up. I'm a little put-off by Roadbuster's vehicle mode, myself- it strays away from the realism of the original concept, but since he'll be showing up in the movie like that, I can't complain. Leadfoot looks great, and I for one am not worried about the gut- I'm sure that, like the many other gimmicks of the HA line, it retracts for displaying the figure without his Human partner. Plus, Steeljaw. Freaking awesome. I can only hope that Soundwave looks as good as these two!

There's the matter of speculation, of course- who will be next? I doubt it will be
    Mirage
    , unfortunately- they wouldn't release two red cars in such quick succession. Perhaps in a later wave, though, we'll see this sleek car, which I personally think would be fantastic, seeing as the bot mode will most likely match his smooth-lined alt mode. I would also love to see
    Quartermaster, or Q
    , after getting a glimpse of him in the trailer, I think he has a very cool bot mode and a face that brims with character, and we haven't yet gotten a blue car. Of course, Topspin would be a good choice to fill out the Wreckers, but I would like to see more than just the Nascar bots- with the last movie having six unique HA molds, I hope for the same amount with Dark of the Moon, which leaves us with three potential figures.

There is also the matter of HA basics, which are also cool because of their epic targetmastering abilities and the size, as well as oodles of little humans to interact with our larger bots. The only thing that bugs me about these guys is that they seem grossly out of scale with their human counterparts- aside from the buggy and MAYBE the snowmobile, I don't see any of these fitting in with real life vehicles- but they do have a primarily militaristic theme, so they can serve that function.

Voice you opinions, good or bad, on Human Alliance and Human Alliance Basics here. Pictures are always welcome!

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Hold the phone. I'm a little too tired to read everything, but did I read correctly that there's a bot named Gunbuster? Seriously? Like, they're seriously taking the name of one of the most venerable and well loved Super Robots for TF?

I don't know if that's fantastic or awful. Either way, I love me some Human Alliance figures. They're practically the only movie toys that can interest me anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

^
    I think he meant Roadbuster.

Personally, I love HA more than any other Movie line. Looking forward to grabbing up Leadfoot, and I'm regretting not getting Jazz when I had the chance.

4. sh002

sh002 Banned

i wish they could have made the seats fold away or something on bumblebee in robot mode. sideswipe has terrible back kibble.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Jazz is definitively, bar-none, the best of the HA figures I own. Hopefully you can find a way to track him down because he's 100% worth getting.

6. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    HA are some of the best Transformers ever, esp. looking at size, detail and cost.
    Even the worst ones (Sideswipe and Barricade) have a lot to like.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I still need Mudflap and Barricade. Makes me sad.

Gonna snatch up a few DOTM HA's this time around. Leadfoot and Roadbuster for sure.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Don't have any HA figures yet, but I'm looking forward to Leadfoot and Soundwave. Though I hope Leadfoot's chest/stomach comes together better when he doesn't have his human counterpart stuck in the middle of it, lol. Steeljaw is especially cool, if a little odd looking, and has me hoping that Soundwave will be coming with a Laserbeak figure.

I'm hoping they retool the Bumblebee figure, or make a new mold entirely, to better match his new look on-screen. That and Crowbar would be two other HA figures I would be interested in getting.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Targets near me have HA Jazz at $16 and some change. I'll grab what they have and see if anyone wants them at my cost plus S&H. He is a must for people getting into the main HA line.

10. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    I was in love with this line the minute I saw the first pics of bumblebee. I own all the previous ones (minus repaints) and will probably get all the on-screen characters from DOTM

11. Radioactive Ravage

Yeech! Sorry, I meant Roadbuster. My bad.

I would love to see some Human Alliance in a larger scale, but that's most likely not going to happen. However, an HA of Crankcase would be wicked.

Also, I have no doubt in my mind that Soundwave will come with Laserbeak. He's featured prominently in the movie, probably on a Frenzy level, and if Leadfoot is coming with Steeljaw, they'd make perfect opposites.

I always hoped they would go back and turn some of the decent Movie molds into HAs, as well. Jolt would look absolutely stunning as an HA, as would one of my favorite molds from the first movie, Landmine. I also think that Sideways is long overdue, especially because of his similarities with Barricade- though Sideways does seem to be a little less monstrous. I'm also a firm believer in carrying HA out of just the movie line- Animated HAs would have been awesome, and Prime literally SCREAMS for HAs, with the amount of Autobots with human partners.

12. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have everything but Mudflap.

I think these are some of the best toys we've gotten in the Movieverse, a definite showcase of some of the best of the line.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a decent-ish collection of HAs at the moment, and raring for more. I've got Jazz, Barricade, and Bumblebee, and I think they make excellent counterparts to Leaders so I sort of count them all together.

Soundwave is a must. Roadbuster and Leadfoot+Steeljaw are maybes, as I don't particularly care for the racecar drivers and the jury's still out on how awesome the Wreckers are. Skids+Elita is also a maybe considering they are two of my least favorite designs from RotF...but if Skids somehow redeems himself in DotM, why not. I think I'm getting the buggy HA and the motorcycle+minicon HA, even though they aren't film characters. I like that the scale works out, though.

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For people looking for HA Mudflap, Amazon have him for a little over MSRP. Also it may be a long shot, but TJMaxx may have one floating around at some stores.

15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

any possibility youthink of a human alliance topspin?

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think it's very likely that we'll see a HA Topspin at some point. Though whether or not he'll be teched-out or "normal" is impossible to say. We've seen toys of both variations for all three of the Wreckers.

17. Radioactive Ravage

There has been a little speculation on HA Topspin, including Leadfoot's Vector Sigma bio having a picture of his mechtech weapons. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Looking at better pictures of Roadbuster, I'm very excited. He looks wicked.

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I finally gave my HA Bumblebee a right hand. Looks SO MUCH better. Damn Hasbro for not giving him TWO hands. (Tiny rant over)

19. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i guess i missed the news. Soundwave will have a HA version? Are there any pics?

20. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I might be interested soon if postage to the UK isn't too steep! :p 

The wreckers we've seen so far look like great additions to the line; just wish we didn't also have Bumblebee repaint #534675 along with them :lol