Human Advantages Over Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

So Cybertronians shouldn't be all tough and superior then because they don't change over lifetimes like humans do to adapt to changing environments.

Actually, genetic engineering may be the thing that allows us to be immortal and also change to adapt to any environment. I read an article stating that bullet-proof humans may become possible soon. They grew human skin and interlaced it with spider-silk protein. The thin layer of skin was able to stop a slow bullet. They are now talking about engineering humans with a gene that replaces the karatin in their skin with a protein similar to spider silk. They could probably make the skin tougher in the future to the point where it could stop high speed bullets. Just imagine. A thin layer of skin being able to stop a bullet.

Actually this would make an interesting and scary TFP episode. The robots having to fight a bunch of genetically altered humans. Bullets don't hurt these humans. Energon blasts don't. They can heal a 100 times faster than a normal human or even a cybertronian. They have at least 10-20 times the strength of a normal human and have bones reinforced with carbon fiber. They are much faster than normal humans. They may even be able to shapeshift. I think the Bots and Cons are going to get a little scared.

Who knows. Maybe they may even think they are superior to Cybertronians. They could capture Megatron. Megatron could call them insects when their leader reminds the Decepticon leader that the only insect is him. He starts telling Megatron that they are superior to Cybertronians because they can heal faster, are immune to Energon blasts, and can shapeshift as opposed to simply transforming. He then asserts that it's time to kill off the weak, Cybertronians and humans, and replace them with his genetically enhanced kind.

2. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

The article from iO9 gives a bit of support to this idea. :D 

I like the fact that the article and the study's findings popped up. It really brings up a lot of interesting ideas. Themes such as the wellfare of the individual versus that of the species. It may sound harsh, but are we going against nature our chance to survive as a species if we pursue immortality. Are we seeing some signs of this happening in our present times? Can it be avoided? Isn't nature a little bit too harsh?

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be interesting.

There are various ideas that can be explored.

For example:

I like the theme of ethics and compassion versus nature's laws. I think it's debatable if science can truly improve on nature's design. There may be massive repercussions not only on humans but on the planet as a whole.There may be a side to nature's story that no one knows about. Does anyone really have the right to say that they can improve upon nature? How has this faired throughout the years? Also, if humans are part of nature? And science is but a product of man, shouldn't science be considered the fruit of nature as well? Or is it something else? I think the series could explore these ideas.

I like the thought of enhanced humans. I'd like to explore how they'd think and act.

I think it would be interesting.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they can be alot more sneaky because of their size. Also most of the Time they have home field advantage.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Hint: yes.

I hate when people forget that we come from the natural world, thus anything we make is ALSO from the natural world, and thus, natural. Bees make honey from natural sources, we've also made products from natural sources (then re-used and re-made), why should OUR products be any less special or natural?

6. Honorbound

Honorbound Taking a break.

Ebay:
    Because some folks deride the human race, viewing it as a plague as opposed to part of nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.