Human Action figures from the film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Okay, so I kinda gave up on the whole "RRRGH, I'M GOING TO ACTIVELY HATE AND PROTEST EACH AND EVERY THING ABOUT THE MOVIE" a while back. I was looking at the merch pictures flowing in over the past few weeks and thought of something -

The film (spoilers? Why are you even reading this forum if you're trying to avoid them?) is largely human-centered and human-oriented. For other big budget disaster films, the merchandising has revolved largely around the human characters and their foes or the otherworldly disaster element - Godzilla had different Godzilla character toys AS WELL AS human characters, Jurassic Park had the same, same thing with ID4, Men in Black, etc.

...so it'd seem kinda appropriate (or, let me just simplify and say "It'd be neat") if they did a few human characters to go along with the Transformers.

I mean, if you packaged the characters with their vehicles - Hologram dude with Blackout, Sam/Spike with Bumblebee, etc. - you could collect both the robots and the figures.

...I also decided this might also be a dumb idea midway through writing this post.

Thoughts? Ideas? Fish?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If they were to scale wit the appropriate robots, that would be pretty cool.

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd think it was a safe bet that we'd get some kind of human action figures. Maybe they'll have some kind of "transforming" feature... Megan Fox transforms from sexy (full clothed) to sexier (no clothes).

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Trout, smelt, haddock, and tuna.

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I won't be surprised if they do come out, but I don't want them to.

Transformers = Giant Robots that turn into things.

6. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

She'll probably show up in the Barbie isle. ;) 

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If they do make humans then they should make them in the same scale as the really small G.I.Joe Sigma 6 figures. This way, they would be very close in scale with almost all of the regular movie transformers (deluxes, voyagers, etc.) and still be able to have a good amount of articulation. The Sector 7 guys for example, would be close in scale with figures like deluxe Skorponok, BumbleBee, Jazz, Barricade, voyager Ratchet, Ironhide, leader Optimus Prime etc. However, they would not be in scale with certain Transformers like Blackout and Starscream.

That's just my take on it.

8. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I made a G1 cartoon cast (Spike, Sparkplug, Chip and Carly) out of Lego people for my Classics toys. I'm currently working on a "Strokes" t-shirt torso for Spike to wear and am debating a Megan Fox toy for a little Lego love triangle with Carly.

9. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Statuette of Megan Fox with sexily rip and torn clothing in a Conan-harem-girl pose against Prime's head.

10. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I'll try to ignore the rabid Megan Fox fandrooling (she really doesn't merit the attention she gets IMO).

I hope we get some Sector 7 humans and their vehicles in 3.75" scale, but I know that won't happen. I'll just use some existing GI Joe or BBI guys in their place. I'm not interested in Sam or Mikhela, I have to draw the line at buying action figures of actors younger then me.

11. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Eh. I wouldnt get em, cause that's not what I focus on for a movie.
    Humans are boring :( 

I suspect we'll be getting some human figures with it too, though.

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Having figures of the human characters from the upcoming movie... hmm, not likely. Like, I never ever seen or heard of their making action figures of human characters from all the animated series... unless of course I'm blind, that I've been living in a cave.

13. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'll be really boring & predictable by saying I would definately like a "Mikeala" action figure, but judging by past efforts from several companies I just know it wouldn't look even remotely like her.
    When McFarlane toys can't even do Jessica Biel justice, what hope is there?

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope they don't waste the resources on human figs, but they probably will. Either way, I don't want 'em.

15. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I'm with Megamoonman, no thanks for human figures.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There have been two listings for "Authentic Action Figures Assortment".

087-06-0012 and 6-53569-23304-6

No confirmation on what those actually are, though.

17. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

No for me as well.

18. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

If the humans actually fit into the Transformers, then it would be a fun addition to the play value. Otherwise, kind of pointless. Unless Megatron can step on them and make them squirt viscera everywhere.

There should be a Michael Bay figure.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hadn't even thought about this, but I'd be down for scale accessories humans. Like BT*/KissPlay, only not embarassing. Well, more embarassing than being a a grown man with toys.

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A little while back we heard from UK ToyFair that they are figures of the Movie Transformers in robot mode and do not transform. They are like Marvel Legends meets Transformers. Basically Highly detailed "action masters" with loads of articulation and interchangeable heads and hands.

It sounds like a neat idea. Now if we can only get Gen. 1 cartoon versions of Transformer Characters and Marvel-Comics G.I. Joe styled guys then that would be awesome!

Oh...wait...the 25th anniversary G.I. Joes are already just like that but in 3&3/4th scale. Nevermind!

Then we would just need "Transformers Legends" but we already have a "Legends" class...eh well at least we have "Heroes of Cybertron" to fill that spot.