Hulk #2 (Contains Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primeconvoy1, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Spoilers Warning*

So I just finished reading Hulk #2, and I'm actually intrigued by some of the events that went down. I give Loeb credit for misleading readers into thinking Rick Jones is the red Hulk. I was really surprised when he transformed into the new Abomination or A-Bomb as he calls himself. (Anybody feel sorry for Rick? This is the second time he's been transformed into a gamma irradiated monster.)

I guess Rick and maybe a few others absorbed some of the rays that blasted the Hulk at the end of WWH. It still leaves the question of "Who is the Red Hulk?" It's not Banner. We saw him still imprisoned at the underground base in issue 1.

I'm starting to believe Samson may be the Red Hulk. He was also present at the end of WWH. When Shield's helicarrier was under attack, Ross mentioned Samson heard a noise and went to investigate it. The Red Hulk shows up where Samson indicated, and we never see the Doc after that. Doc's also sporting a short haircut, and the Red Hulk has a similar cut. (I might be grasping at straws, but I figured it might be worth mentioning.) Plus, this red Hulk is very articulate when he speaks.

I still think Loeb is misleading people even more regarding who killed the original Abomination. General Ross has more motivation of wanting him dead than anybody. Wasn't the Abomination responsible for killing Betty with the tainted blood transfusion? I think that would give Ross a motive. He could easily get access to Shield's weapon that killed Abomination. Whether he actually carried it out or had someone do it for him remains to be seen. It was a Hulk sized weapon afterall.

My biggest gripes were the battle Red Hulk had with She-Hulk (they were mostly off panel), and Iron Man's comment when the helicarrier was going down, "OH THE HUMANITY! That was just terrible.

Overall, I enjoyed and will keep reading it. The big green guy will be back in #4, so I'm looking forward to that.

2. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Could General Ross be Rulk?

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

"Oh the HUMANITY" was so bad. I can't believe they put that in there. Otherwise a solid issue.

4. gil

gil Godmaster

One of my gripes for issue #1 is that the friggin Abomination, one of the Hulk's top rivals, dies in a flashback. Writers killing off characters is stupid, but doing it like that, he deserves more respect.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

and willing Abomination, i thought he was gonna be new looking Abomination (A-Bomb, come on)...sucks that they killed a key villain...but i dont see him staying dead (he aint Thuderbird).

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i wouldve scripted, in place of 'oh the humanity' with 'thats hot'.

come on!

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i decided not to pick up this book...nothing really grabbed me...but it sounds kinda interesting..i may have to keep checking up on this to see how it goes from here...

however, killing off abomination doesnt sit well with me...

8. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I don't see Emil staying dead for long. I'm sure Marvel will bring him back right before the new Hulk movie hits, since he'll be the main bad guy that fights the Hulk.

9. gil

gil Godmaster

The first movie had Banner's dad as the Absorbing Man. Maybe Marvel knows something we don't and in the second Hulk movie, the Abombination is Rick Jones..........I hope not, but movies are different then comics.

10. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I meant typically Marvel has their comic related characters usually active in one or two of their books when a movie character counterpart is introduced in a movie.
    I think Marvel did that with Venom last year, when Spider-Man 3 came out. I seem to recall Eddie Brock being active in one of the Spidey books right before the movie came out.

11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The Abomination is still going to be Blonsky in the second film, so no worries there.

The motivation to off the Abomination in this series is the only recurring beef I have with this series so far. The Helicarrier crash is a tad cringe-worthy, but I otherwise enjoy the mystery being kept up the way it has so far (watch the Samson thing be another false lead or, bleh, yet another gamma mutation to come. What I found particularly amusing was how unintentionally accurate Ross was about hunting the Hulk down, regardless of color. "Red, green, or blue. No reason to stop now." :) 

The She-Hulk off-panel fight doesn't bother me in the least. We've seen gamma-on-gamma brawls before, and this one only lasted two pages anyway, and between Stark's beating and what will come out of the next issue, we won't exactly be starved of action.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    He's survived worse though, he'll be back.

13. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, he showed up for 2 issues, was a patient at the same hospital May was in. Really surprised me that he didn't become Venom again at that point. But you know he'll be back as Venom eventually.

As for Hulk #2, wow. I was convinced that Jones was the red Hulk. I figured it was a combination of the Hulk's and Sentry's energies at the end of WWH that caused him to change. Guess not. I'm not going to guess at who the red Hulk is now, I'm just going to anxiously await the reveal.

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

what about Skaar? He survived the explosion. Might be him.

15. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Question...

... if there's still going to be an 'Abomination" in the comic... why bother killing him in the first place?

16. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Anyone else sad that we're down to Thunderbird being one of the few dead "dead" characters left?

Anyway, picked it up today and I liked it. Definitely waiting to see what's going to happen next for the big green machine.

17. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I think they're saving him for the new series.

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

but isn't Skaar green....and how does he know Rick...