Hulk #108

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by tusko, May 16, 2007.

1. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
  2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Looks like a battle of the sidekicks

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

What ticks me off is that the issue focusing on She-Hulk mentions things that happen in an issue of She-Hulk that has yet to hit stands. I hate when crap like that happens.

4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the stuff in Hulk itself was mainly character bits around the main story, which is told out in the WWH limited series ? So She Hulk this issue, Herc and Angel next etc ...

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought I just missed an issue

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I read about this on some comic forums just last night...I think Rick's going to be neutral about this...afterall, while the Hulk is going to ramage er, the world for revenge, he's still consider Rick's best friend.

Speaking of which, one of the reasons why I failed to post news on issue 108 here, it seems that there's not much interest in World War Hulk on this board. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Hulk's fight against...Black Bolt! :D 

7. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

HULK CRUSH PUNY BLACK BOLT!

I can't wait for WWH proper to hit. I loved Planet Hulk and now I can't wait to see what is going to happen.

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Ugh. Agreed.

As for WWH, I'm still undecided. It looks awesome and I am really curious, but I just can't get into "events" anymore.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm kinda burnt out and last 2...House of M and CW failed to live up to expectations. It would be hard for Marvel to screw up WWH...just line up the pro-reg team and have the Hulk take pot shots at them and actually winning is the least Marvel can do.

10. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking forward to all the WWH events after Planet Hulk had ended. I'm dying to see what he does when he faces Black Bolt, and what preparations he made that were hinted at in the WWH: Prologue. Should be great!
    I also like the fact She-Hulk was trading blows with Doc Samson about the fact that he was voted off planet without due process. So, the sides are already starting to develop.
    As for Rick, I can't see him going against his friend. Rick has been his most loyal friend since day one. The Hulk has helped Rick on many occasions including bringing his wife Marlo back to life, where no other superhero would even try to help when Rick asked.
    WWH should be a fun ride! I hope he smashes Iron Man!

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I'm expecting some form of payback against Iron-man but knowing Marvel, they won't let the Hulk smash him too hard and my gut feel is that WWH will be a disappointment in the sense that readers' won't see the expected carnage we're hoping to see.

I think Marvel may use the Hulk's fight with Black Bolt to show the "potential" damage he can do because frankly in terms of "power" Black Bolt is probably the most power earth-bound or rather moon-bound superhuman left. What he lacks in strength against the Hulk, he makes up with his "voice".

12. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

My problem with events doesn't really have anything to do with weather or not I think Marvel can pull it off. I loved Civil War and thought House of M was decent (though I think reading it in a trade in one sitting helped).

I'm just tired of getting hit with all the "world changes" one after another, escpecially when the dust haven't even settled from Civil War yet. Give my wallet some time to recover and your universe some time to find its new feet.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get what you mean...I'm kinda burnt out by the "mega events"...I'm mainly into WWH soley because I'm a Hulk fan and he's finally getting a mega event with him as the star.