Hugo Weaving was definetley channeling Welker and Kaye

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

It's like both Beast Wars and G1 Megatron. Megatron's personality was alot better portrayed in this movie and I keep thinking of BW Megatron interacted with The Fallen. He even said "yesssss.." at one point. What really seemed like BW Megatron was when he was interrogating Sam in the factory. That whole sinister feel to him.

Beast Wars Megatron has always been my favorite incarnation of him, mainly because he's a freaking T.Rex lol but it's just they way they portrayed him in the series.

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Casting Weaving as Megatron was one of the best decisions Bay has made. I'm not particularly sure if he knows of his predecessors since he doesn't seem to be a big TF fan (he hadn't even seen the first movie a year after release) but he gives a good performance nonetheless.

3. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I agree, I wouldn't mind Frank Welker but Hugo just has that voice that makes you quake in your mind.

Well for me it does.

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    THIS. :D  I mean his "booming, deep voice" totally worked for live action movie Megs. Prefect genius voice casting..by Bay (of all people!) :D  ;) 

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't think he was really channeling his predecessors, he was just pretty good at doing a "BAD GUY" voice.

6. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Great performance. The scene with Sam was the a good example of the vocal performance because it showed a range of emotions.

I love "You have something on your mind, something I need." justification for chopping Sam's brain apart.

After hearing Welker in the video games and Transformers: Beginnings, I'm kind of glad he isn't doing the role. He just doesn't have it down anymore.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weaving's voice is awesome alright, but I don't see the similarity to Welker, or Kaye.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hugo's voice really suits this Megatron. He did a great job of making the voice not unlike Welker or Kaye, but unique enough to be convincing and not just an impersonation of Welker or Kaye.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Hugo did a good job, i just hope either Burton or Kaye do megatron in the next series, they are my fave megatrons.....expecially Kaye, that voice is f'in magic

10. len_d69

len_d69 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually that part reminds me so much of Agent Smith. O maybe its just me :D 

Anyway, Hugo's voice is perfect for movie Megs goes very well with Prime when they're in a dialogue :) 

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't think Weaving was trying to channel Kaye or Weaving; he just has an incredible villian voice.

IMO, he's the best Megatron. Welker never did it for me, Kaye was pretty good. Weaving for some reason really just captures a dark villian for me.

12. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does Hugo Weaving kind of sound like Robby "The Beast" Benson when he does his Megatron voice?

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I keep hearing Agent Smith when I listen to Weaving's Megatron. Not that it's bad (it works very well!), just that I start making up lines like, "Mr. Witwicky, we meet at last."

14. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    IMO, Weaving sounded like Agent Smith sucking in the opposite of helium (the gas that lowers your voice, saw it on Mythbusters one time). Sorry, but every time I hear that voice, I can only see Megatron putting on a pair of shades and saying "Mr. Optimus..."

15. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hugo Weaving is the best Megatron in my opinion because he has that certain evil flair that I look for in villainous characters. Frank Welker is also great, and even today in the movie based video games, he's still got it, more or less, anyway. I have to admit, I haven't heard very much of David Kaye's Megatron, but he's pretty good as kind of a comical villain (the dude plays with a rubber ducky for spark's sake! :lol ) I did not care for Corey Burton's performance as Megatron at all. As great a voice actor the guy is, and he totally blew the roof off with his reprisal as Shockwave in TFA, his take on Megatron just didn't do anything for me.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I guess, we've found... our symbols."

[​IMG]

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    In my opinion, Hugo Weaving is the best new Voice Actor in a TF media for the Bayverse.

18. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome! :lol 

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Weaving does a great job as Megatron, but I'm rather meh on voice actors in general (With the exception of Cullen, of course). I think we could have gotten anyone with that type of menacing voice, and we'd all be "OMG, he's perfect for Megatron!!!"

20. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While weaving was awesome. If megatron was a little less raw and more refined Burtons megatron woulda been awesome. Either way I still get chills when I hear welkers megatron in the old animated movie. Talking about killing prime.