Hugo Weaving Frenzy Theory

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Spartan Prime, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

This is just my thoughts on the whole thing and what I think it COULD mean (read: my rambling thoughts).

I might have it wrong from the get-go, but didn't Sector Seven proclaim that Optimus Prime was NBE 2? With the new login to the site being NBETWO and the general nickname for Transformers at this point in the S7.org being MegaMen, I think it could be that, after the Optimus Prime sound file was received (and he was dubbed NBE 2) this H. Weaving was assigned to handle that, not Megatron's NBE.

My thoughts are that, it could be Frenzy being played by Hugo Weaving. A possible undecover Decepticon in the Sector Seven midsts to figure out what Prime is up to would be up his alley, and Weaving would be a could Frenzy, just like Agent Smith: cold, cunning, snotty at times but intelligent.

Welker was said over and over again to be what the production crew wanted, without saying it in so many words, and it isn't smart to have Prime with Cullen, without Megatron with Welker. Bay knows this, that's why Cullen was made the new Prime.

Any thoughts?

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking something else.

WARNING, SPOILERS:

It's said that 'agent H. Weaving' oversees the 'Megaman Project'. Thing is: In the old script, it was Starscream who led the search for both the Allspark and Megatron (though he was focussing on the Allspark and casually ignoring Megatron). Maybe Weaving has been cast as Starscream? Though I would rather have him as Megatron...

END SPOILERS

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Too bad several sourses confirmed Weaving as Megotron.

4. Spartan Prime

I'd like to see where it's actually been confirmed Hugo Weaving is Megatron. It's all just theory and rumor thanks to Sector Seven.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'd like to see where it says Weaving is Frenzy.:p 

Aint it cool news said two of it's sources within Paramount confirmed it. ISEB has also confirmed it, but says he may be canned if they do choose Welker, but they don't know if he's doing Megatron. (Though I trust them less than AIC)

6. Spartan Prime

You obviously missed the parts where I said, more than twice, that is was my thought on the matter. Never did I say that Weaving was Frenzy. If you wanna prove me wrong, I have no problem with it, but at least pay attention to the TITLE of the thread.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I did read the title. I was just quoting you.
    And so I told you. see?:p 

P.S.

I was just goofin' with that remark.

8. Spartan Prime

...Ok... neither of those actually establish anything.

With all due respect, no TF news site has reported anything other than rumored news posts to likely outcomes. If Paramount has said Weaving is Megatron, where's the link? It certainly hasn't been established anywhere that it's fact to my knowledge.

9. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
  10. Spartan Prime

I'm not doubting Weaving being in the movie, I'm all about it. All I was trying to say is that it would be a good way to throw off the fans thoughts and do something unexpected. And it doesn't say anywhere in the SectorSeven logs or Bay's blog that he's Megatron.

11. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Several sources have indeed confirmed Hugo as voicing Megs. But I wouldn't get upset about it. Bay and the other Dreamworks/Paramount exects. want to make money off this movie and wouldn't chose someone unsuitable for Megs. voice. I'm sure they made the right choice. Mabey Welker just couldn't pull it off.

12. Spartan Prime

Nah, Welker still does alot o fhis voices the same way he did 30 years back. Look at FreddyJones in Scooby Doo. He still has the same vocal sound/tone he did way back then. I dunno... Maybe I just had my hopes up too high...

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ahehe. now ive got this mental picture of a mego version of megatron.

*starts to scribble*

weaving would be a cool megs.

but welker would be cooler.

14. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

hmm very very interesting theory and you could be correct.. Weaving would make any character sound good (Mr Anderson, as you can see, we've been keeping an eye on you.)

15. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I've known Hugo was in the running for Megs months ago. Also Vin Diesel at the very early stages. The kind of ironic part is, I've heard more and more about Weaving and how he might land the role than I ever read about Welker landing the role.

17. Spartan Prime

Listen, Kickback *arm around shoulder* I love ya man, really I do. I've always thought you were by far the funniest ass I've ever seen on this site... But if you ever mention Vin Diesel in the same sentence as the Transformers again, and it doesn't involve his grotesque and disturbing end, I can't be held accountable for what I might do.

18. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Vin Diesel would be perfect for a Dinobot. Just do his Iron Giant voice.

19. Spartan Prime

No, Vin Diesel would be a good Shockwave if anything, because their voices are so monotone and bland, and the only reason I'm keeping this sentence rambling is because of my preforementioned statement to kill Vin Diesel within this sentence, and to that end, I would love to see Broadside land his hefty ass on top of him in Carrier mode a la "Carnage In C-Minor".