HUGE write-up of DOTM comic book (MAJOR SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkWish, May 5, 2011.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It can be rather easily inferred from, well, the way comic adaptations work, that the basic plot outline is there. Which draft of the script it is is hard to say, but it's not as if they would waffle on something like Sentinel's role in the story. However, it's trivial to know that the battle scenes (OP vs. Shocky, the final battle) will NOT be one or two moves each. That's an example of a medium difference. They can't make one fistfight 3 pages. In the movie it might last one-two minutes and still feel awesome.

To me, the biggest thing that seems to be "missing" with regard to what the toyline is shaping up to be are the "Space Autobots." But maybe that's just the design team having fun with the general theme of the movie.

The official website also appears to be straight-up wrong regarding the Wreckers. But who cares? Sounds like with the big twist coming right around the middle of the story, we don't have too many Autobots to keep track of at once. Couple get knocked off, then the Wreckers turn up.

I'm really looking forward to later waves of the toyline after the big story points are revealed. Dylan is a shoo-in to be a Human Alliance companion to a Decepticon. With their parts in the story being so big it would be a crime not to get awesome renditions of Wheeljack and Mirage. A decent cash-in repaint might be "Dark Sentinel Prime." Film-accuracy be damned!

Also, I keep hearing that the Twins got their shit ruined, but did not see that in the synopsis (thanks for putting that together). Does that happen? Cause I'd go see the movie just for that. Talk about a good use of the trope "Alas Poor Scrappy." :D 

2. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

Is there ANYTHING else about Starscream other than his head? Does he actually kill Autobots? Is that scene where he finds Sam and Carly behind a bus there? What about the scene from the trailer, the part where Starscream explodes and Bumblebee jumps to save two humans?

3. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps a Soundwave/Dylan/ Legion Laserbeak set is in order.

4. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    I did hear that too, however I have not seen anyone with proof of that, so I didn't include it. Regardless, if Bay is to be believed, the Twins aren't in the final cut so anything with them in the comics won't be in the movie... again, if Bay is to be believed.

Nothing else, except for his head. It's possible there is stuff in the missing pages... I mean I would assume so, but we have no way of knowing how much or what that is.

5. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about the Ultimate Optimus with Trailer Armor?

6. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    He's seen with some jet armor kind of thing (with what looks to be four wings like the butterfly armor thing from the toyline) at the end when he goes up against Shockwave. But after he flies in with it on, the next panel with him up close is without it. So it's hard to say specifically what it is.

7. Opticris Prime

Opticris Prime Well-Known Member

that's what I wanna know. You don't just make an expensive toy like that without it showing up in the movie. Could it be used to destory the driller but also destory space bridge Pillars after defeating sentinel?

8. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

If these spoilers are how the film could go, shockwave gets killed way before the climax of the film. Unless megs and prime have some sort of piece treaty, has a way to rebuild cybertron

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think they will mix CyberVerse and MechTech. Seems more likely that Laserbeak is an accessory like Steeljaw.

10. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    Really? Page 84 out of 90 is way before the climax?

But what people do have to see now is that it appears Sentinel Prime is the main villain of the movie, Shockwave was simply misdirection. Sentinel Prime dies on Page 88 out of 90, so really Shockwave doesn't die THAT much earlier.

11. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1969. The Apollo 11 crew lands on the Moon and finds the Ark, which had crash-landed there many years before, with Sentinel Prime inside.

2011. Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack and Mirage execute a mission for NEST while Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Colonel William Lennox oversee the dismantling of NEST's headquarters in Diego Garcia. The three then head for Ukraine in a mission.

Meanwhile, in Washington D.C., Sam Witwicky and Carly Miller are living together. Carly works as the assistant of Dylan, CEO of a major investment company. Sam is trying to get a job. Wheelie and Brains live with them because the Autobots don't want their services.

Ukraine. Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Lennox find some sort of Cybertronian object buried underneath the town and are attacked by the Driller.

Sometime later, Sam gets a job in the firm of a wacky guy called Bruce Brassos and is attacked by Laserbeak, but fights it off and goes to NEST with Carly and Bumblebee. Laserbeak was sent by Soundwave because NEST found something. Sam meets Marissa Fairborne, NEST's new liason. Sentinel Prime is in their power and Optimus uses the Matrix of Leadership to bring him back to life.

Sometime later, Sam and Carly get into a fight over Sam forgetting a party of Dylan's that he was supposed to go with her. Simmons is present at this point.

Shortly thereafter, Sam, Simmons and Brains meet with some russian cosmonauts who tell them about pillars found on the Moon, related to the Space Bridge. The Autobots retrieve five. The Decepticons have countless others. Sentinel Prime is needed to activate them, so they allowed the Autobots to find him so Optimus could use the Matrix to revive him. Sam tries to tell Fairborne this, but she doesn't lister. Sentinel Prime is being scorted back to NEST with Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Mirage when the Dreads attack.

Sentinel Prime goes back to base while Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Mirage fight the Dreads. Ravage is apparently present, and Simmons' leg is injured during the fight.

Shortly thereafter, Sentinel Prime betrays the Autobots and kills Ironhide.

Sometime later, the Decepticons have invaded and Sam goes to Dylan's house to get Carly. Soundwave and Laserbeak attack them outside and capture Carly. Dylan reveals that he is working with the Decepticons, and that his father helped the American government cover up the discovery of the Ark in '69. Dylan says he wants Sam to spy on the Autobots and gives him a spy-watch of sorts.

Sometime later, Sentinel Prime joins forces with Megatron and the Decepticons and orders Optimus Prime and the Autobots to be exiled from Earth. Sam is called by Fairborne, who informs him that the Senate has voted for the Autobots' exile. He is taken to Cape Canaveral, where the Wreckers are helping NASA to modify the ship that brought Sideswipe's team to Earth to help them leave the planet. Meanwhile, Sentinel Prime reveals that he wants to use the pillars - actually Space Bridges - to teleport Earth to Cybertron's orbit so they can exploit the Human race and its resources as slaves to rebuild Cybertron.

Sometime later, Sam and Bumblebee ambush Carly and Dylan, who were leaving Chicago with some Decepticons after a meeting with Sentinel Prime and Megatron, and a fight ensues. Dylan escapes and tells the Decepticons that Optimus is alive - He was apparently mortally wounded earlier.

The Autobots show up and fight Shockwave and the Driller while Carly tells Sam and Robert Epps that they need to destroy the pillar connected to Earth's magnetic core in order to destroy the Space Bridge. Epps says that they'll have to use Hardcore Eddie's missile launcher. Meanwhile, Optimus is given by Wheeljack a jetpack prototype.

Sometime later, the Autobots are captured by Soundwave, who kills Mirage before Wheelie and Brains manage to sneak aboard of a Deception flagship and pilot it against the building they're in, releasing the Autobots. Bumblebee kills Soundwave while Jetpack Optimus rockets in, kills a crapload of Decepticons and destroys Shockwave.

Sometime later, Earth is being teleported to Cybertron's orbit when Optimus Prime and Megatron join forces and take down Sentinel Prime together.

12. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    I think the Omega Armor is the Prototype weapon that Wheeljack mentioned to Optimus after Optimus said they had no weapon that they could take the driller down with.

13. megatron6661

FUCK optimus prime and megatron team up after all. So all the long sentinal prime was the villan all the long, CANT WAIT

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I kinda done a quick glance but it looks like there is no silverbolt.

15. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, the timeline seems all over the place. Does the movies final battle take place in chicago? Space? Cybertron?

16. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    Where did you get this info? Do you have page numbers? Or if you have scans or something, that'd be great to send over PM. I just want to verify some of this info before I add it, but it sounds legit.

It's unclear where the final battle takes place, but it's not Cybertron or space, it's somewhere on the ground. Shortly before the final battle, they're in Chicago, so the final battle could still be in Chicago but it's hard to say without the missing pages.

17. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, I just summarize the write-up for people who didn't read the entire thing.

18. Opticris Prime

Opticris Prime Well-Known Member

Does anybody have the page screenshot where Optimus awakens Sentinel? PM it to me Maybe?

19. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    Oh, I saw some new details in there like the names of certain characters. But I guess you just used prior information that we knew. Thanks though, I could use those details to make things more clear.

20. megatron6661

Yea I was thinking the same thing, did the trailer reveal that prime and sentinal come together. It is dissapointing we wont have a megatron optimus prime fight, that they are infact fighting together. It is a first, the writers seem to have put more logic into DOTM