huge gaping plot hole that no one has mentioned yet

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Jun 30, 2009.

1. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im not sure what the Fallens problem was really. When they can space bridge to such far distances to other suns it really would not have been that big a deal surely for them to pack up and go to another planet near one of the millions of suns in the universe.

I dont remember anything in the film saying you cant space bridge anywhere as its like an energy current road etc.

2. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

but that leads to the question...why didnt the other primes notice the fallen missing?

3. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I don't think it says anywhere that they didn't go to other planets and use their energy. Maybe it wasn't enough, though, and they saw our sun and figured that it was enough energy to use, so they landed on the least perilous of the nearby planets and started to build, but then found there was life and decided to leave, but by then the Fallen had grown too greedy with power. Just a thought.

4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the problem with fantasy stories is, if you think of all the whys and wherefores, and how plausable things are, not much would really happen! But yeah, it's a bit like they built the machine and then thought 'oops, look at all those tiny people, how did we not notice them before...'

5. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

They havest suns, not planets!!!

We have no idea how many planets exist within our solar system.

In the movie, they essentially say that there is more then one sun out there.

This is in no way a plot hole, it simply shows that you did not quite understand the full story of the movie.

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    they do not built harvesters on intelligent lifed planets, so they got irritated?

7. Bottom Out

thats only true when discussing a fantasy movie with bad writing. A good story will cover all of those holes(or at least the major and obvious ones)

we know...

we have 8, 9 if you count pluto...

um ok....duh (technically there is only one sun though. The sun is just the name given to our star)

you didnt say anything relevant tot he topic, what are you talking about? Im not even sure you know the difference between solar system, galaxy, and universe...if anyone didnt understand something, i think that person would be you man....

they dont build harvestors that will capture the power of a star that supports life regaurdless of whether or not the planet they are building the harvestor on is the one supporting the life.

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just assumed after building that machine the other Primes became pitiful of humanity, angering the Fallen because he wasted his time.

9. Bottom Out

the whole realizing there was life after it was allready built idea is pretty stupid too though...you mean to tell me that not a single animal showed up while they were building this harvestor? not a bird, not a mouse, not a fly? nothing? where on earth can we go where we wont run into an animal at some point with in the time it takes to build a harvestor? I cant even go an hour outside with out seeing some sort of bird or insect and i live in a city....

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I thought he hated humans just because it's our fault the other Primes kicked his ass.

...and pretty much every other TF universe.

It's the badge of Autobot leadership! It doubles a stylish pendant! It's a program that will conveniently fit even inside a human head! It holds the wisdom of all past Autobot leaders, and possibly the will of a god! It's a door to the Cybertronian afterlife! It's an unstoppable weapon. It's the only way to defeat Unicron! Guaranteed to solve any problem! And ladies and gentlemen, this handy device is not sold in stores. CALL NOW!

11. ConeheadConvoyX

ConeheadConvoyX Banned

Please note that they are Fricking HUGE

12. Bottom Out

freaking huge, but also capeable of smelling and processing human pheramone levels....of course that was ratchet, and that sort of thing is his specialty, but i would think the 7 PRIMES would have a few tricks as well

13. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And why on earth would the Primes think killing themselfs was the correct thing to do.
    Who dose that?

Why not shoot the Matrix into space like the damn Allspark.
    Too bad Prime didn't just commit Harry Caray instead of hurling the allspark into space.
    We could of avoided all this bayformer crap.

But also, if Sam never died the fallen would never be able to turn on the damn machine.
    So why would the Decpticons be trying to kill him in the first place..(Thanks Megs)

This movie was bad.

14. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe because the Decepticons thought the Matrix was still intact? How would they know it was just dust? They were obviously trying to kill him and take it from it. I agree there are plenty of plot holes, but every movie has them. My question is, if The Fallen was "killed" on Earth by the other Primes to prevent him from destroying the sun, how the hell did he end up back on Cybertron? Furthermore, he's lying there weakened and half dead when he's talking to Megatron but when Optimus dies he suddenly gets healed? I don't understand that at all.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I took it to mean that The Fallen decided to build his own Sun Harvester without the other Primes - they probably all visited Earth, saw humanity, and decided to move on - there is intelligent life here. The Fallen decided that the pathetic creatures were not worthy of preserving and seeking sole power decided to destroy the Sun. When the other Primes discovered what The Fallen was planning, he'd already slave labored himself a Sun Harvester and had to be stopped by any means necessary.

Perhaps (because nothing ever starts out evil) The Fallen simply felt that primitive life could not amount to enough to justify a continued expenditure of energy to find another suitable star. Or maybe he saw the life of Earth as an existence like cockroaches, and felt that if they spread to the stars they would be like a plague or something and decided to exterminate them?

Pity he doesn't get some background on his reasoning. Though hopefully Tales of the Fallen should give us something more to work with.

I think he was sealed in his sarcophagus, as seen in the comic, rather than outright killed. They probably detested killing altogether, even their own wayward brother. Also, I don't think we was all that weakened or anything - I felt he was just in hiding from the only one who could truly defeat him, biding his time.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  16. Bottom Out

that was just stupid, hey, lets kill ourselves to protect the universe from the matrix....

to be fair, the all spark wasnt shot into space yet at the time.

the writing was really bad. i can understand wanting a fast paced action flick, but at least make the story coherent

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

They may not have been familiar with biological life forms yet (like in the Marvel G1 comics, where cars and planes were mistakenly identified as the dominant forms of "life"). It's likely they didn't notice the organic life here was anything more than some weird mushy space flotsam until little bits of it started jabbing at their feet with spears, like we saw in the opening scene of the movie.

18. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Intelligent life. Hell, even with our modern technology the Decepticons still don't care for us.

19. Bottom Out

is that what they said? they wouldnt take the power from a star supporting intelligent life? i thought it was just life in general...if they indeed said intelligent life, then at the time the harvestor was built, i wouldnt have considered humans as intelligent...but maybe they stopped because they saw the potential

20. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    fallen could use the fallen without sams help, cause he is a prime and has he ability