Huge Animated Plothole

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Brawlastator, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    IF the AllSpark was lost to space sometime during the Great War a really long time ago, then how did newer bots like Optimus and his crew come online?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    a reserve of allspark energy? something like the matrix exists? something that channels the energy to cybertron, without direct contact with the allspark?

lots of ways out of that one.

3. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Maybe there was a well of sparks that was left behind and only the caretaker Vector Sigma could draw forth new sparks from it. Hint hint.

This really isn't a fair question.

4. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

in the show bumblebee and bulkhead was in training during the war so the allspark might have still been in the autobots possesion prime only seems a bit older than them prowl seems there age and we all now ratchet is really super old and plus transformers time may work different so new may be old to us

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

DR2:

On the contrurry, I think it's a very fair question and an interesting one. What you mention is one possibility. But what do we know about the Animated Allspark? Is it the "heart" of Cybertron, the only way to generate new life, or is it just a very powerful artifact? I seem to remember that it was more the latter thing.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Like in a lot of earth religions, the allspark might have just given life to the first transformers.
    Then they somehow made more after that.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe the Allspark is not the ONLY way to make a Transformer (at least on Cybertron)

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Umm...they weren't alive during the Great Wars. Yeah they were in training, but the Great Wars ended before they came online, as I understand it. Megatron breaking into their ship was the first time they ever saw a Decepticon. The only one in that ship that had seen one in person was Ratchet. Ratchet and Ultra Magnus are the only two Autobots we know of that are still alive from the Great Wars. Arcee will most likely be added to that short list, as they are trying to work her into the third season. As for the question, there are many different possibilities to explain it. One of the better one's, imo, is that there is a giant well of sparks somewhere in Cybertron, or something like that. I personally don't see it as a big deal.

9. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

yeah they havent said that the allspark is the only source of transformer life. its just A source of it. as Silent_Magnus said, it might have given life to the first transformers but then they found their own way to create new life. and as autobus prime says, its more regarded as a relic then a well of souls.

oh and the great war was 2 million years ago according to the final ep of animated (for now).

jazz4ever, i dont think bulkhead and bumblebee got though bootcamp by the end of the great war or they would be old and crusty as ratchet, they seem to have gotten to there new assignment after bootcamp only shortly before the first episode. the Optimus fallout over elite 1 probably happened at a point after bootcamp. atm we have no info onto why Prowl failed to finish his ninja training or why he was assigned to help repair space bridges.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is personal canon, mind you, but I think it's worth sharing. Pulled it off the Decepticon Dominion website.

11. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i must of got my time frames mixed up...maybe they bud

12. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

you see, when a momma bot, and a daddy bot love each other, something very special happens...

13. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    ya they make babys ! XP grimlock where babys come from.....

me grimlock say HERE

O.M.G

oh what not enough lady bots for that to work.

14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Vector Fucking Sigma

15. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Methinks the Allspark's power is energon. When it arrived on cybertron it cyberformed the planet, creating vast energon deposits which the cybertronians now farm. Sparks are made from energon, and the Autobots have the expertise to create new sparks from raw energon without the allspark.

16. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

What a funny fictional philosophical conundrum!

17. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Funny, I was thinking about this not so long ago, along with how new bots are built (assembly line?). I decided to go with a personal answer which was some sort of allspark powered vector sigma computer which decides when new bots should be built.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Who said the Allspark has to be near them to give them life? Maybe it's just the life-supplier.

Lots of evidence points to TFs being manufactured, then brought to life by the Allspark through almost Godly means.

19. Wingspanky

Wingspanky Well-Known Member

FOR THE WIN!!!!!! LOL

20. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

it's the only logical answer, i mean, why would transformers have feelings of love if they couldnt reproduce themselves? and incase u were wondering:

optimus + blackarachnia = some demented truck-spider hybrid

why not tarantulas? i already have a fanfic for that.

heres another plothole, howd blackarachnia get off the unnamed organic planit?