Huffer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I was wondering if Power core Huffer is G1 Huffer? I've been putting off buying him because Im unsure if he'd go with my Classics/Classic Universe/Generations collection. Same thing w/ Seaspray. Anybody know?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's up to you whether or not he fits in well enough to go on your Classics shelf. Personally I think he fits in quite nicely. There are others that thing the same, but there are also others that disagree. There's no right or wrong answer to this situation. It's all personal opinion.

As far as where he fits in story-wise, PCC seems to be it's own continuity. However I don't think that should stop anybody from placing the figures where they want them too.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

His bio does suggest he's G1 Huffer, but I don't think anybody is quite sure where PCC fits in continuity wise. I think they're probably their own little verse or something.

4. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Of course he's G1 Huffer. He's a scout class figure (mini bot), and has the orangish paint scheme. The only non huffer thing about him is his face. Huffer didn't have a visor, but all in all, this is the only reason I bought this guy.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Depend on whether you're satisfied with a stand-in or not. Otside of the color scheme andthat he has a truck alt mode it looks nothing like G1 Huffer.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

In my opinion Botcon 2007 Huffer makes a much better Classics Huffer. He is quite a bit pricier and harder to obtain, though.

Not really a fan of the PCC, he's sort of a boring little figure. In regards to his visor, though, the G1 Huffer toy did have a visor, even if his cartoon model didn't. Though his face bears little resemblance otherwise to either version of Huffer.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

He's a scout class figure, but he obviously doesn't represent a mini-bot.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I posted this in the Feedback thread:

I think Huffer would be a nice addition to any Classics/Generations with some minor modifications. For me, this would namely be finding another head for him that's a bit more cartoonish.

On a couple of other notes, Classics Bumblebee and Cliffjumper have spoiled me, as now I really want all of my favorite Minibots as deluxes at least. I think it would be odd seeing Huffer in say an ultra or even a voyager class, and I only mention that since I think it's really cool that Powerglide and Seaspray got their dues in that respect.

The PCC Huffer is just about a head and a half shorter than Classics Bee, if that much. That being the case, his size is very nice.

As is straight out of the box, I'm not 100% satisfied with PCC Huffer being my "Classics" Huffer, but he's got a lot of potential. :) 

I hope that helps :) 

9. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

If I see him I'll pick him up for "G1" as I am not bothered by the figures aesthetic as much as if the figure is good or not.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seaspray is G1. We had an epic thread about it maybe a week ago, in the TF Wiki there's solid statements from the designers that he's the G1 character.

As to Huffer.. I wouldn't use him myself, but then I've also got the Botcon version. He'd probably be close enough if I didn't though.

11. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wholeheartedly agree that Classics Bumblee spoiled me on the size difference. It made me not want to get the Legends classics toys because Brawn and Beachcomber shouldn't be that Small! Cosmos can be made an exception... but still. I wish all those minibots were made at deluxe or higher.

12. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I'd call him classics, he's rad.

13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id call him classics i mean he is pretty much the same colours as g1 huffer and has the pipe like arms the only diffrance is the colour of the head and the fact he has a visor although his g1 toy did also have a visor. Put it this way he is the best representation of huffer were going to get for a while.

14. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

He's my classics Huffer at least. I don't care about the PCC concept and such, nor about the bios on the packages.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Huffer in the cartoon didn't have a visor, but his original toy did. So, ya know, there's that.

Hasbro made a comment that Huffer is the only "Heritage" character in the PCC line. Presumably, this means he's his G1 self in a story that may or may not have anything to do with G1. They also claimed that Seaspray is his G1 self, despite his bio contradicting it.

Strongly agreed.

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    He's standing in as my Classics Huffer as well. Really all you'd have to do is swap the head out. '07 Scout Armorhide's head seems like it can do the trick since it's the same black color as the PCC head, it's more cartoonish and it's head fits inside the truck mode cavity perfectly, but it requires heavy modding.

17. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. After the brilliant ROTF Scouts he's also just a bit simplistic in comparison. But then he's gotta be robot, vehicle and combiner torso so I suppose something had to give.

PCC Huffer just isn't enough Huffer for me to be a G1 stand-in. It's one of those figures that can be painted ten ways to Tuesday and easily be a load of other characters. If it didn't have the orange Huffer wouldn't enter my mind at all when looking at it. With the mustardy sandy orange and the dark chestplate it's more a G1 Swindle to me in robot mode. Ignore the lack of jeep mode of course. The modes on this guy are just a bit - I dunno - generic? Not sure how better to explain it. He could be almost anyone.

Still, if it did get a repaint I'd like RID Towline since it would fit the alt mode perfectly. I bet at some point it'll get a new head and be painted as BayFormers Optimus Minor. And then be painted again as BayFormers Scourge/Nemesis Prime.

19. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon Huffer is my classics Huffer. So I renamed PCC Huffer, "Powertrain".

After the G1 micromaster.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Do whatever you want, it's your collection. People shouldn't have to tell you what should or shouldn't be in your classics collection.

Me personally. He's not on my Classics Shelf. I just don't find he fits in my books. it's cool if you do think. I don't judge. :)