Huffer armament?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cagey, May 23, 2011.

1. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Just wondering: Did he have any weapons?

[​IMG]

I like the little guys...

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure most of them had generic guns & whatnot, but I don't remember him having anything specific like Pipes or the Seekers. If anything, the only ones I can recall other than prime's rifle had to do with being attached in some way (Galvatron's cannon for example), rather than being a reoccurring tailor made weapon that wasn't expendable.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    His official bio says no weapons.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Or rather, his official bio makes no mention of weapons. All the Minibots who have no weapons or offensive powers listed in their bios are listed as Firepower 1 in their Tech Specs, so I'd say that's pretty much nothing. Maybe a low-powered generic pea-shooter laser at best.

Interestingly, Huffer's bio also talks about him being pretty strong, though he's tied with Prowl, Ironhide, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker and Sideswipe (who don't get any special mention of their strength). Maybe it's just because he's little?

zmog

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Actually the long form does specifically state that he is "lacking weapons". http://www.ntfa.net/universe/english/index.php?act=view&char=Huffer

Didn't we once discuss how in those very early profiles each sub-group seemed to have it's own rating system? So a mini-bot with a 5 strength (for instance) could be considered proprotionatly stronger than that of a deluxe car with the same rating.

6. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Huffer's main weapon? Being able to absorb energy blasts and die. Take that Decepticreeps~!

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Huffer had a blaster in the show.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You do realize we never saw how Huffer died?

9. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

You do realize I could give a wahhh?

10. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    To be fair, sto_, he didn't say Huffer died from an energy blast. He said he absorbed them. And he died.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Just pointing it out

But we dont know if he was hit with/absorbed any energy blasts.

For all we know a building fell on his head.:thumbs2: 

12. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Actually my comment was more tongue in cheek. It's kid's toys and from a kid's show. Too many people take this stuff too seriously.

I think I can remember him using a very small hand blaster, that of course did nothing.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont always get jokes in written form, a problem of mine.Sorry.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Being annoying is his weapon.

15. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

It would be kinda fitting for Huffer to not have a gun. He was so anti violence. I had always wondered why in the first season of the Transformers, if the autobots outnumbered the decepticons by as much as they did, how were the decepticons able to compete with the autobots. But with characters like Mirage and Huffer, who were so anti fighting, it made sense that the decepticons were able to fight the autobots despite being so much outnumbered.

16. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Huffer's conflict over destroying Soundwave's communication device was great characterization, wish we could that sort of depth in, say, the movies.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Ah, that's unusual... usually something like that would be listed in the weaknesses. I stand corrected!

Maybe, but I'm not sure I can agree with that. Arguably, LARGER characters might have more weight in their Strength and Endurance stats (Devastator's 10 Strength being more than say, Optimus Prime's). A '10' rating always seemed like a sliding scale, potentially "off the charts" so to speak.

But I never assumed any discrepancies between regular Autobot cars and Minibots. Huffer's 7 Strength is fairly high... matching some of the more rugged bots (Prowl, Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe), though he's not as exceptional as Gears (8) or Brawn (9).

Well, more of the Decepticons were specialized combat personnel, and many of the Autobots had more of a civilian base. But I wouldn't necessarily say that Huffer or Mirage were particularly "anti-violence". Huffer was a builder by profession, and homesick for Cybertron, but he's no Beachcomber or First Aid.

Mirage isn't so much against violence. He's actually pretty good at it, and was sport hunter back on Cybertron. He's just an elitist who doesn't like getting his hands dirty. But I think he'd be happy to snipe enemies at long range or from behind cover.

Don't be silly. Robots don't need characterizations! All they need to do is urinate on people, hump girls' legs, fart and act like inbred hillbillies. That's what people REALLY want to see! (Bay/off)

I agree. Those little character moments in the comics really made Transformers for me. :thumbs2: 

zmog

18. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I don't remember Huffer or Mirage being anti-violent. I do remember Huffer griping loudly that "we're not fighters like they are Prime!" I think that answers the second part of your post. The decepticons were bent on domination while the autobots were just trying to survive. I wasn't until they took the fight off Cybertron that most Autobots realized how significant their role in the war was.

Yeah the '10' rating has been hashed out and agreed on by many. Notice, though, that of the 5 bots you mentioned with 7 strength, Huffer is the only one noted for being strong. In fact his strength is listed as a key weapon of his, while it seems the others just happen to be 7 strength. I think there may be something more to that somehow.

19. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

This forum rocks!

I was hoping that his smokestacks at least doubled as flamethrowers or something while in robot mode. I guess he's just going to get crushed by my Menasor with little he can do about it. Oh well!

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    His morose ranting depressed his opponents to the point where they would use their own weapons to take their own lives, saving ammunition for the Autobots.