HubWorld To Be Updated With The Programming Schedule, Toys From TV Shows

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 28, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We know we're getting TFP toys, it's just that they won't be coming until Fall 2011...

3. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    True. But many thinks that there won't be. One reason is this odd silence. Glad Hasbro letting everyone know that they are planning to release toys based on Hub TV Shows. :) 

4. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Didn't Hasbro mention at SDCC or Botcon that they weren't doing toys for TFP? Or, did they say that they, "Currently don't have any plans" for TFP toys? Well, if they do... I'd cherry pic a few from what I've seen so far, specifically Cliffjumper, Prime, Arcee and Eradicon. I'm iffy on Ratchet, Bulkhead and not in love with Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream (Though Megatron's bot mode does look pretty good).

5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    What's really bad is that I started to read this schedule as "Pound My Little Pony's Strawberry Shortcake".

:confused2 

6. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

A transformers series thats meant to last without toys would just be blasphemy. Hasbro isnt going to work this hard on a show and not give it toys. I would much rather hasbro take there time on making these toy good than to just try and shell them out for the show. As loving the aesthetic and all these designs ill be buying all of them for sure. Especially STARSCREAM!

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't that webcast you linked a while back specifically say the toys were coming out Oct 2011? Why do people keep thinking that Hasbro (a TOY company) would produce a show and not have... I don't know... TOYS?

:lol 

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I can't ever imagine Hasbro not wanting to make use of a strong marketing tool like a TV show to sell toys. Why would Prime be any different?

Hell, the G1 cartoon worked so well, we're all here. :D 

10. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Hasbro better be prepared thought.
    Given the style of the characters their task of making show acurate toys is a sizable and they need to live up to the awesomeness that was Animated.

They could either be the most awesome tf toys yet or some of the lamest.

...and I'm still not liking 'Evangelion' Soundwave...Its just a step to far away from ...well soundwave...and the fact HE HAS NO FACE

11. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    It might be worthwhile someone going up to the head of hasbro and saying
    'Hey remember when you used to make toys? yeah those were good times'
    because they seem to have got caught up thinking that all they have is the entertainment side of the business.

Given the money they made from the movies I can't see them letting the movie franchise die after movie 3

The only reason there WAS a G1 cartoon was to sell the toys

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    People said the same thing about Animated. lol

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They never really said either. It was something along the lines of, "Right now, Prime is a TV show. That's what we want to focus on." A neither-confirm-nor-deny kind of thing.

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I don't know, this seems like it'll just be the nightmare that happened with Animated all over again since it's another new show with a drastically different design style premiering & airing without any companion figures. At least with Animated, even though it took them until Season 2 to finally get figures into the stores, we still knew what to eventually expect and look forward to. With Prime, there's not even any sneak peak previews of figures, let alone any solid (or even vague) confirmation that they'll even actually happen.

Obviously Hasbro are already neck deep in developing toys for the third movie along with everything they're doing for the current main lines, so given the fact that there is still SO little news about Prime, this new show almost feels like it's a rushed obligation just to have something to show on their new network sporting the TF brand name. I mean, we still haven't even seen final fully rendered designs of the characters. With the exception of a few, most of the new pics that were released a day or two ago are still just sketches or colored line art. Doesn't feel like a big push as much as just trying to hype up something that isn't even done yet and could very well just end up being a TV network space filler.

Guess we'll see what happens.

15. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

dose anyone know what channel the hub will be on? or what network it will be replacing? i tried searching for it on U-verse yesterday, but i didn't have any luck.

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Except that they did confirm it at Botcon. They said they're in the process of making the toys right now.

Discovery Kids

17. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Toys are inevitable, but frankly I wish they weren't. The Decepticon designs are mostly piss-poor and all the curved surfaces on the Autobot designs aren't gonna work very well as a toy.

Not to mention it'll draw focus away from lines that are actually worthwhile, like Generations - which have apparently already been cancelled here in the UK :( 

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    How did they confirm it at Botcon? Only comment made about TFP toys I remember reading about was the one they made about not having any plans at the moment.

Not to say that they aren't making them (which, we now know they are), just that I don't recall that being confirmed back during Botcon.

With the Animated influence on the designs, I won't be surprised if the TFP line turns out to be as show-accurate as Animated's line was. Which was surprisingly accurate given the designs the toys were based on. Still, we won't know till we see them. Theoretically, if Hasbro sticks to the plan to release them next October, we might see some prototypes during next years Botcon, though I wouldn't expect anything significant till SDCC.

19. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Worth while? Id much rather have something fresh than an old design rehash or characters I dont even like.

20. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Curious if they MIGHT show RID at some point down the road...never got the chance to watch it.