Hubworld reveals new TF: Prime plot twist! - SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by T.F. Allen, Jul 2, 2011.

1. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Formerly known as Krem TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Today on HubWorld, they did a special on Transformers, advertising Dark of the Moon and Prime, and covering the Moscow premiere and BotCon 2011. They also showed some Behind-the-scenes footage of Prime, showing Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime - you should know that), Frank Welker (Megatron - why are you here if you do not know this?), Josh Keaton (Jack Darby), and Tania Gunadi (Miko Nakadi). Now here's the good part: While Cullen and Welker's lines seemed to be old bits we've heard onscreen already ("One shall stand; one shall fall" and "GGGGRAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH," respectively), Keaton and Gunadi spoke words that astounded. Read on for the spoiler:

JACK: Megatron was an Autobot?!
    MIKO: Optimus was a 'CON?!?!

Yes, that is what they said. This sounded like dialogue, not misinformation, and it seemed like they were simply doing the classic shocked-repeating-of-the-surprise-plot-twist gimmick. Either way, I'm interested to see how this works into the show; it may turn out to be something like the plot of Exodus.

Note: I'm hoping this can get me a news credit, though I'm not quite sure yet how that works. I'm pretty sure this is news, though.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting... Not quite certain how that will play out. Guess we gotta wait and see.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They've been basically saying Megatron used to not be a Decepticon all throughout Darkness Rising. I wouldn't consider that a surprise.

Now the other one? VEEEEERRRRYYY interesting.

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if MOVIE Optimus were a Con, but Prime Prime? Wow.
    Also, if you'd like a news credit, post a topic in the news forum. You can still get a credit if the mods pull the topic off of here, it just goes quicker if the topic is in the news forum.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Optimus a Con? Well, that´s new. Remember he did said "I choose my side!" in Darkness Rising, maybe that was a hint?

6. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    *blinks* You've... Got... To... Be... Kidding... Me...

Optimus a 'Con? Never! Denied! XD

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ....Okay did not see that coming.

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    PFFFFF-WHAAA.

moreprimeland is gonna have a Hell of a time reading this...

9. AMG

AMG Old School

That would explain Prime's lack of charisma. :D 

10. PrimeFlo17

PrimeFlo17 Tunes

News Credits:
    Oh. My. God. This is insane.

11. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    You know this could be referring to a time before there were sides and this is simply the kids being confused.
    Then again it would be a rather nice twist and signify that characters may not take the smae paths thier predecessors took.

12. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

And TFP just got even more interesting! I'm loving this series right now so much more than the movies, I can't wait to see where this goes. Plus, I can't wait to see the expression they give Miko in this supposed conversation, it'll be priceless :popcorn 

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, Prime did say Megatron wasnt always bad guy, he even explain that to the kids when he first meet them. But the other spoiler? Wow. I wonder how they will play that.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty interesting. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

15. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Interesting given how Megatron was described by the staff as a "fallen hero" of sorts.

Here is my guessimate on how it will play out:

Optimus Prime was a Decepticon
    Megatron was an Autobot
    Megatron convinced Prime to change sides
    Prime and Megatron fight side by side
    Megatron defects to the Decepticons dues to some reason
    Optimus Prime is devastated

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    ...interesting.

So how exactly is this going to work? Also I think there's something about the Decepticon's origins we don't quite know yet.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've heard repeated hints & Rumors that Prime will have it's own version of Shattered Glass those line maybe from such an episode.

I love the idea of a Heroic Megatron & Nightmarish Optimus - as you can totally see with both of them how they could become the opposite of what we know them to be.

I'd love it if they made anti-Bumblebee talk too and he was all twisted and slick and coloured like That Nitro Bumblebee repaint black with yellow lighting bolts - that would be neato !

Ratchet as the Evil Professor is a shoe in obviously. But Starscream as a Loyal Supportive and friendly being would be quite funny. Arachnia a heroic protector and it's also a way to bring back dead people like Cliffjumper & Makeshift, & Skyquake, Arcee's Dead Friend & so on.

They could throw in a curve ball to like make one of the characters evil in both universe implying one of them should be good (like Breakdown).

I could totally see how Wheeljack & Bulkhead could be a right twisted pair. and Arcee as bad as Arachnia would be neat.

Such a plot would be best if it lasted a whole season though so every one gets a chance.

-----

One thing about TF Prime I feel needs doing is they need something equivalent to an Autobot Trooper if they do do a shattered Universe.

It would be good as though it gets done a lot on Power Rangers it's never really been done to such a degree with a Transformers Cartoon (RID Scourge aside).

We Have all these Commanding Decepticons in G1 comics they could be reversed so that characters like Shockwave and Bludgeon, Thunderwing, and Sixshot are transposed to Ultra Magnus, Victory Saber, Alpha Trion and so on become Evil Warlords.

Anyway I like the shattered Idea and I hope it gets used one day in a big way on a Transformers show - and if not to at least see a Prime version of Nemesis Prime.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My God, Prime and Megatron have become Lelouch and Suzaku from Code Geass.

I think it would make more sense if their was no faction to begin with until one con decided to create the Decepticons.

19. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Darkness Rising hinted there were factions before Optimus and Megatron.

Ratchet going Megatron desecrated his ancestors and Ratchets.

Starscream noted Megatron led the Decepticon Uprising.

It would be interesting if Megatron took hints from the Gobots. In Gobots Cykill was a elite Guardian that switched sides.

Since this titled Transformers Prime. It would be interesting if Prime is a position passed down or like the Live Action continuity where it is a dynasty.

Perhaps to explain why Skyquake said he'll never work for a Prime.

20. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Maybe the deceps stood for something different from what they stand for now.