HTS Shipping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by salmonman78, Nov 23, 2008.

1. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Ok, I am planning on buying something today off HTS and it says with Priority it will arrive by 12/22. Heard alot of people getting their stuff early though and wanting to make sure it gets in for sure by then. Think I'd be safe ordering instead of risking not finding it in the store. Kiddo has been bugging me for this one TF and want to pull through for him.

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

FRom my experience, I ordered animaed Shockwave sometime ago, and the shipping time was as nice as that of BBTS or any other store. They are the best choice if you:

a. Dont want to pay a lot more than retail and
    b. Dont want to risk missing the figures because of distribution (although to me, Mattel is way worse than Hasbro in the distribution department. See MOTU and DCU)

3. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with Rodimus - I've had very good experiences with HTS shipping. I guess the only wrench in it would be if it is a pre-order. Everything i've ordered from them has been in stock merchandise. If its a pre-order, I'm not sure how well they do with those based on teh anticipated release dates they give on the site. Like you though, i've heard of a lot of people getting their stuff before the published release dates.

4. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Yeah I've got a few TFs preordered in the hope of receiving them before Christmas for my son as well. *crosses fingers*

5. rodimusconvoy

I agree with both Ravx and Jafo, although shipping is reasonable, dont take for granted the release date since it can only be an estimate.

I also pre-ordered Cyclonus and his combo, and I expect to have them shipped around Dec 22, or after that, but before the new year.

6. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Yea their release dates are estimates. It could ship sooner or later. I wouldn't trust it 100%. That said, they are pretty reliable as far as getting the item in good shape. I order everything from them.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    personally i would order it from HTS...good luck trying to find anything in stores that close to christmas.....

8. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    HTS ships from PA.
    I got my shockwave in a week with standard shipping.
    Ordering it now with priority should get it to you in time.
    Remember, HTS is a mon-fri business.
    Don't panic when shipping status doesn't change during weekend.

9. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I had a terrible experience when I ordered Ironhide. I ordered the figure, and then I found him in the store that same weekend. I figured he was going to be so hard to find but he actually wasn't at all. Well, I tried canceling my order with HTS that very next monday when they opened, and they made the ordeal such a hassel. They refused to cancel my order because my ORDER papers had already made it to the warehouse. NOT that my order had actually already been shipped. So, I had to wait untill it actually arrived because of their absurd refusal to cancel an order that had not even shipped yet. The package ended up arriving 3 weeks later, when it said the standard shipping was supposed to be only 7-10 days. That was in early october, I just now finally received the credit for the returned figure on 11/20.

I would say that if it going to be a hard to find item, or short packed it would still be worth it to purchase the item online. However, if anything goes wrong, or you decide against ordering it online once you do, HTS is going to be very difficult to deal with, and the whole process is very drawn out. Good luck my friend.

10. rodimusconvoy

....and how do you know an item is going to hard to find, other than knowing it will be short packed? We have seen that before, when figures that are packed one per case are relatively easy to find, TF wise. Again, this is Hasbro, now if you say this is Mattel, the story would be different....

11. SarahMobius

SarahMobius Adventurer

News Credits:
    theyre great except for returns

12. LordVierge

LordVierge Active Member

I've ordered from them several times and have had no problems. My proximity to PA makes Recently I ordered Universe StormCloud and had to return him due to a defective leg. When they say 21 business days to process the return they're not kidding. Customer service didn't have any information on my return up until the day it actually shipped out. Despite including all the information (email, return address etc) I haven't received any correspondence from them. Since then I've bough another so I am going to sell the second one to a friend who needs it.

I agree with the poster who said that if you are worried about a short pack or will not be able to invest time time to search in stores it's worth the order. They're not any more expensive than the store but you will pay a little for shipping).

13. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Well I have gotten some stuff earlier than expected but it was in stock. I haven't had any experience with pre-orders though. I would expect it to come sooner but their customer service isn't anywhere near BBTS.