HTS Scalping Junkheap... LOL

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vexxet, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

2. jjd1981

jjd1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey I just went to the site and only put in quantity 1. It worked out fine. I think it was a glitch for you.

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    That's... ridiculous. If it was some sort of store or con exclusive I could understand, but this?

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I think I see what's going on, HTS never changed the max quantity to 1, but instead it tells you it's out of stock when add more than 1 to your cart.

My guess is your second order will be cancelled. That's what happened to me when I tried to place two separate orders for Gen Wheeljack and Thundercracker.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's the opposite at my comic shop. They had plenty of Junkheaps and few Sky Shadow though they were priced at $20 CDN.

6. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

That's not necessarily scalping (in fact they'd just raise the price if they wanted to do that).

More likely, it's either 1) a glitch or 2) a clunky way of limiting the quantity on the item to allow more individuals to get in on the item.

7. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, dude, they are not scalping. It is either A) a glitch, which is very possible on HTS, B) they are actually limiting 1 per purchase because of limited availability and they simply haven't changed the item description to reflect this.

If they are truly limiting purchase to 1, you will get a notice in a few days that one of your orders has been cancelled. The system may get fooled, but when they get ready to ship out your order, they will catch the fact that you ordered a second and cancel it.

8. 420bot

420bot ******

What a load of.......... fair and balanced if you ask me.

I just finally got a Wreck-Gar days ago simply b/c of people buying 20 at a time and never leaving me one so heres a big 'CHEERS' to the HTS.

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Exactly. To the OP, how about call customer service and place your order and while you at it, explain the problem to them so they can fix the issue for you and others?

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they're totally scalping you by... increasing the part of the fee that doesn't go to them.

That totally makes sense...

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It's goddamn hilarious that EVERYTHING EVERYONE does is scalping now. Let me tell you how I went to a restaurant with some buddies and my friend Jay scalped my meal... :rolleyes: 

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^ LMAO

if anyone is still having a hard time finding these, I have 2 MOC up for sale or trade. I dont think this is scalping...prolly just a glitch man.

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I agree it may be a glitch, especially since I have bought 4 at retail for $6 apiece. I don't think they are HTF, rare, or anything like that.

I'm honestly not too impressed with the figure, but I wasn't blown away by Wreck Gar either.

Just a personal thing, it's technically a great figure I just have no emotional tie to the character.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    "Hurry, hurry, hurry! What are you waiting for? Call now to get yours! ShippingandhandlingchargesdoapplyCaliforniaresidentsaddsalestax."

15. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

A million times this. I had to finally pay $50 to get the United Wreck-Gar because all of the damn troop builders couldn't wait for the release of Junkheap, who is now clogging store shelves in my area. Want to buy two of him? Talk to me, I'll get you five or six. :p 

16. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    While certainly troopbuilders were an issue, distribution was the main thing preventing you from getting a wreck-gar.. You certainly didn't have to pay $50 for the United.. I've seen the RTS version go on the Junkion forum many times for $10-$15. More like you got antsy and got tired of looking during that few months where he was released but hard to find so you threw money at the problem. That's certainly your prerogative, but don't blame other people for troop building a troop builder. It's not like Scourge was impossible to find.

Also, to the OP: please learn what scalping is.

17. flamepanther

You know, I didn't think troop builders could cause such a problem, which is why I kept looking for one in stores until only a few weeks ago. Stores in my area stocked LOTS of RTS wave 2 though. All the shipments of that wave you didn't get? I guess they came here. I know where I can still go out and buy every other toy in that wave. I bought spares of Prime and Perceptor less than a week ago. Not once in almost a year has Wreck-Gar turned up. I've NEVER seen this happen due to mere distribution. All of the rare figures turn up eventually for me except this one. A friend of mine in the same area resorted to ordering a box of the entire wave. Someone local was definitely hoarding these.

I wasn't active here during all that time, but a search of the Junkion forum now shows only one person who *might* still be selling one, with no price listed, in a BST list posted in April. If he's even still got it, simple economics makes a $10-12 price tag unlikely... and if I'm paying anything above regular Deluxe retail prices, I'm not getting the Hasbro deco--which is sold out at all of the on-line sellers I shop with anyway.

So yes, it's partly my fault, but not because I got impatient and "threw money" at the problem. Very much the opposite. I waited too long before resorting to looking on-line. This never happens though... and neither does the phenomenon of multiple people buying dozens of the same toy for their own collections. Hmm. Related?

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Whaaa?

[​IMG]

19. flamepanther

Exactly.

20. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That's not scalping, that's allocation. They want to make sure scalpers don't buy out their supply by making it hard for them to buy multiples, thus ensuring they have enough for other people who want one.