HTS offering TF Prime Series 1 value pack of 8

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catch22, Feb 27, 2012.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    They couldn't even have reduced Bumblebee to TWO per case? Maybe make room for an extra Ratchet? Course not.

Although the extent of their direct involvement is under question, i find it kind of amusing that Hasbro's (supposedly) own toy shop is stuck with their shelfwarmers.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The fact that you can even ask this means you could never understand.

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    exactly. People here still don't seem to understand that Bumblebee sells! the reason we see him "shelfwarming" is because Hasbro provides retailers with enough to meet demand. If Hasbro sends a store 100 Bumblebees and they sell 90% of thier stock, we see 10 Bumblebees "shelfwarming" and the store says "thank god we got that many"

only 1 bee in that case is meant for people like Us. the other 2 are meant for my friends kids who will say "We want Bumblebee!"...."But guys you already have Bumblebee, you already have all the bumblebees that are on the shelf in front of you....why not a different one?" ...." No Dad we want another Bumblebee".....I have LITERALLY seen this exchange!

4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    It's $15 a piece for the first six NOT including the 2 extra 'bees. If you consider this:

TRU's prices @$15 each for a deluxe PLUS gas for the hunt.

Target/Walmart's prices @$13 each for a deluxe PLUS gas for the hunt.

You could order this set and it's right around retail. Plus you could give the 2 extra 'bees to a younger relative or donate them to charity.

Hell our international bretheren would be more than glad to pay $15 each for a deluxe.

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    See, now thats the RIGHT way to look at it! finding the best!

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Who would this appeal to? Because the people who would "hunt" Ratchet and Arcee are going to have Cliffjumper and Wheeljack at least.

It's... cute that HTS is offering this, but it's too little, too late. I don't see who this appeals to, and calling it a value pack is a joke.

Honestly, I wouldn't rag on them for offering something new. If they just had it, then I'd say good on them. But calling it a "value" pack? Then it's worthy of my scorn.

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Completely accurate. And under it happened in my area thing. Over X-mas ALL the DOTM BB's were sold. Every. Single. One. Not just the 3 to a case wave 1 BB, but the Nitro's, exclusive Rally's, Cyber fires. All were gone until Wally world restocked with wave 1 and 5 recently. Zellers was the same, all gone, even the translucent comic ones. And that was with, counting exclusives there being 3 BB's for every 2 of any other deluxe on the pegs.

Truth is BB sells. They (Optimus and BB) are the flagship characters, they move the entire line. Even if you see lots of them on the shelves it just means that they've been reduced and restocked. Unless you have access to that stores inventory system and can check if a new case was put out or not, it's just divorced from reality to assume otherwise.