HTS double charging...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by revlimiter, Oct 27, 2006.

1. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this. If not, perhaps a mod could move it?

I'm still waiting for my 9/28 order from Hasbro Toy Shop. When they had the 25% off + free shipping, I ordered a couple Primes. I've received 2 shipping notices so far and have not yet actually received anything, but that's besides the point. I logged in to my credit card site today and noticed two identical charges from HTS, one on 10/18 and one on 10/25. I called and indeed they charged me twice for the same order. The CSR credited my account and said she was very sorry.

Anyone that participated in that sale might want to check their statements and make sure HTS didn't get more than they should have. *sigh* I remember some people had double and triple charges with the whole Nemesis Prime debacle. Is this just standard operating procedure at HTS and not worth my posting?

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just contacted HTS as I found two charges on mine, 15 days apart, for the Cybertron Thundercracker, which *had* shipped a while ago and which I have. My DVD edition Prime is still AWOL. They stated they were unaware of this issue, and I did mention it was showing up on discussion forums.

The employee took the issuer to their supervisor. Essentially, I was told that the Prime did come in stock, had probably already shipped, and that they had attempted to bill for it, but somehow the wrong amount was being billed for. Tehy stated that the supervisor will be immediately getting this situation looked into and passed up the chain, and that they would be searching other orders for errors of this sort. I was, of course also assured this would be fixed for me.

So, they're working on it, and are now aware.

3. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Uh-huh. Those are some mighty fine pigs flying out of your anus there.

HTS is the most incompetent online shop imaginable. Their CSR's are idiots (and I worked call centers, as well as trained call center CSRs for BofA for 5 years), and their website doesn't know its ass from a donkey. Word of advice (and you really should have learned during the whole Nemesis Prime thing), don't order from HTS, no matter how good their "deal" is.

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

As a result of the NP debacle, I have decided to boycott HTS.com and I invite you all to join me! A decrease in buyers may improve things. Then again, maybe not....either way they're not getting my business. Their loss!

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Interesting that you mention this. A while back I'd ordered Classics Bumblebee and Rodimus and Titanium Thundercracker and Jetfire. The Classics order went through and shipped. About a week later I noticed another charge for the exact same amount and assumed I'd been doublecharged. I contacted them and the supervisor said that the second charge was not a doublecharge, but in fact they'd charged me for Thundercracker and part of Jetfire ("coincidentally" equally exactly the amount for the first part of my order), and then the next day charged me for the remainder of Jetfire (which hadn't cleared yet) and shipped the Titaniums.

HTS just comes off as incompetent to me. These kinds of things shouldn't be happening.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, they make one mistake. They promptly fix said mistake when I bring it to their attention. They also check into said mistake promptly. And I should be upset...why? Especially when my total charges would have been signifigantly less if the mistake *had* stood? (OK, the last one is selfish, the rest I stand by).

I've bought from them a few times now. I'm honestly not going to get too upset over *one* error. Sure I have issues with the Nemesis handling, but frankly, I have a sneaking suspicion that the people responsible for handling my order, shipping it, charging me, and overall making me a satisfied customer are not the same ones doing the web work who screwed that up. I betcha they aren't even in the same office complex. Or even the same CITY. Want them to hear you? TELL THEM. Simply stopping buying means nothing here. Someone else will buy and they'll never notice your missing dollars. Complaining HERE does nothing. Call them. Tell them calmly, and rationally, WHY you have an issue, and bring it to their attention. They. Will. Listen.