HTS destroyed my NYCC exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FCatCH76, Oct 24, 2011.

1. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

So I ordered two of the BB & Arcee exclusives and they arrived today. Problem is, looks like someone sat on them before they put them in the box..... I know they are not the greatest for MISB collectors but the plastics bubbles were so crushed they were touching the figures. They are supposed to send the return label through email...still waiting... but I asked the CS rep, what happens if you sell out while mine are being returned. She agreed that they were exclusives?!?!?!?! What?? I asked again and she repeated the same answer. That's when I just lost it and hung up.

2. BWDinobot

BWDinobot Well-Known Member

Mine was too. I wonder what hell these toys endured?

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about this happening, I know you're peeved, but I think you need to post this in the Toy Forum.

Also, why didn't you just order another set?? I would to keep from missing out on exclusives, then deal with the shipping damage later...HTS has always performed pretty well for me.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is common when you deal with HTS. Unfortunately you really just have to take your chances with them because they're not going to change anytime soon. No it's not good business, but it's virtually the only way to get exclusives like this.

Oh, this should be in the toy discussion.

5. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

usually HTS does good by me, not this time. I would have ordered another set but want them to see the damage before I order another damaged set.

my bad on forum location...if a mod wants to delete the whole thread as it was a rant more than anything.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Understood, and again, sorry to hear this is happening. Best of luck and hope you can work something out.

7. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    On a side note, this why I'm scared to death ordering anything off of HTS. I'm a sucker for MISB sometimes, especially for exclusives. And in my experience in dealing with resolution centers... They all suck because they contractually have to reply with certain "answers" that will protect the company from any form of lawsuit just in case the caller is recording them. The only resolution call center that works well & relatively fast is Microsoft lol. Xbox customer support is the best of people doing all they can to not lose a customer.

It's a shame of what happened to your exclusive's package... But at least the figures aren't damaged. So that's a plus, right?

8. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

doesn't much matter, they were meant to be left sealed. Just thought I would have had good luck as I had in the past. Its so bad though that I never thought of keeping them. The minute I opened the box I grabbed the phone.

9. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If it's any help, I'm sure it's nothing to sell the figures individually in the Junkion forums here to at least get your money back & try again... Or auction them on eBay.. But I understand the rage.

10. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I was able to work with Hasbro Toy Shop just fine. I went to Comic Con and bought the Optimus Prime Nerf Barricade blaster. After a few days, it kept shutting down everytime I turned it on. I told HTS the problem and they offered to replace it. They told me that since it was an SDCC toy, they might sell out and they won't send me one until they received mine. I accepted the risk and got a new Blaster two weeks later in a brand new package.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just to be safe...the toys were fine, right? I don't collect MISB so I couldn't care less how the packaging is as long as the contents themselves are unharmed.

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Toys come and go: What I'm sorry for is that it sounds like you had an experience with outsourced customer service. :( 

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    outsourced from an online store, now that's bs lol, they should handle their own calls, but i haven't seen anything to make me want to buy from hts, especially not shipped to here ($35 min shipping, seriously? i can get it shipped to a friend in the states, re labeled, and shipped here for 20 less than that

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Had an issue like this with my Alternator Nemesis Prime. It was shipped in a box smaller than it's packaging.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It is definately hit and miss when it comes to HTS. I would definately try to track the package you are returning. I had a buddy have a bunch of figures get lost on their end that he returned.

Sometimes they give you crumpled paper, sometimes they give you air-bubbles, sometimes they just think some fresh air is padding enough. Cross my fingers every time it is an exclusive I order. I love how sometimes I get one deluxe in a box that could fit six, and the next time I get three deluxes in a box that should fit two. Just glad they usually don't get anything I really, really need......yet.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never get this attitude.

You recieved the package today and you are already flipping out on the internet?

Hts didnt damage your package the delivery company did.

You knew HTS has crappy packaging but you bought from them anyways.

What do you think happens if there sold out? Why even ask?

Having a smashed package sucks but its one of the risks we take by shopping online. No need to take it out on some poor cust service rep.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got my NYCC set with a dented bubble too - made me feel better about damaging the box while trying to open it.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday. Both fine. Seems you overreacted just because she didn't have the right answer right away.

19. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Mine both came mint. I have received figures in crappy condition from them before. I once waited a month for a backordered warpath only to have it show with a bent up card and tears on the front as well.

20. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Mine came slightly crushed. But that's the dangers of ordering from HTS.