HR Support?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I'm so gonna my pride/ass kicked for this question, but its buggin' and bopping my head all week. Does anyone besides me want, [Shuffles feet], Hot Rod in the next movie? You know, assuming it gets past its Greenlighted stage? I know a lot of people hate his guts, for some reasons I can understandable, and some I just can't, but hearing any 'Pro/Nuteral-Hot Rod' fans opinion would be nice around here.

Me? I would love to see what they do with him Live Action-wise. I would love to see him as a Red 1967 Mustang [Shelby Cobra] GT500 sporting white stripes or 1977 Firebird Trans AM (since it does kinda carry his flame ingsignia). That would be so cool.

Also, his presence doesn't always exactly have to be a omen of death for Optimus and he doesn't always have to suffer a Ryo of the Wildfire (Ronin Warriors) Esque-'Why I am I the leader?'-Emo moment.

He could just be another Autobot ally to Optimus, like Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide and Jazz. They could actually expand on this particular character, beyond desgination in the G1 series, which didn't get much development before the advent of Rodimus Prime. Though the copyright issues with his name, might jam things a bit. That and the the fan objection.

So if you just happen to like Hot Rod/Rodimus and want him in the movie, you can post here or go the Wish-List/Speculation Topic if you want. Please note that this is a 'Support' Forum and not a 'Hate' Forum. If your opinions are anything but kind or less than netural, then please, respect my wishes and do not post here.

PS: Besides the Arcee Support Forum, are more than one singular Support Forum(s) allowed? If Not.... feel free to whack me with a boxing glove and excuse my insubordination.

2. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Hey, I've always loved Hot Rod/Rodimus. I'd love to see him in TF2. A rash-youth character would fit in quite nicely among the existing cast of Autobots. I wouldn't want him to become Rodimus Prime, though, purely because I don't want to lose Optimus. And a movie-style Rodimus figure would be way past cool.

3. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I don't really like hot rod but I wouldn't care if he was in the movie. I wouldn't mind if he were a suped up mustang like this. [​IMG] just switch the yellow with red and the grey with yellow

4. Finbot74

Finbot74 Dis-Member

Bring on Hot Rod!

5. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:

Yay, supporters, welcome! I wouldn't loose Optimus Prime Either and a Movie Styled Action figure would be totally nice.

....And I'm havin' a serious case of Deja Vu.

6. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

As long as hes not like a bumble bee clone they should do it. this almost makes me want to design a movie hot rod

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    In my opinion, Hot Rod kinda fits into the "brash, corageous recruit" archetype (similar to Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Cliffjumper,etc.) and that, if his character was written to be a bit more deliberate - i.e., if he was both believable as an eager, young-esque warrior and didn't duplicate, say, Ironhide's role in the movie - then I think he'd make for a nice addition to the field.

The Hot Rod/Hot Shot/Cheetor character has shown up in virtually every incarnation of Transformers since he originally appeared in '85. Bumblebee kiiiinda took his place this time around, but movie Bumblebee now has a bit more of a "I'm buddy-buddy with Sam" partnership/friendship going on, so you need a new "brash recruit" character. Add to that the fact that the Hot Rod archetype character is often rebellious - and won't obey direct orders - and you've got a nice, unique (and VEERRRRY marketable) character ready for the sequel!

8. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Even though their personalities are nothing alike, Bumblebee and Hot Rod/Hot Shot basically occupy the same niche in the Autobot lineup. Bringing in Hot Rod in the sequels would be redundant.

I'm still hoping to see Jetfire in TF2, myself.

9. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

I could see him as a souped-up street racer. Maybe a modified Chevy Impala to keep with the GMC product placement.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    While I do like Hot Rod, I think his introduction should wait a while.

We have too many other season 1-2 bots who deserve the movie treatment before the bot that got prime killed, whether he leads to the death of prime or not. I would like to see Kup, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, and more though as well. Currently I think Hot Rod's roll is filled by bumblebee, and would be rather lackluster. Let's save him for a movie farther down the line, after some of our current cast has grown more. So the young brash bot, won't be overshadowed by the others of the same nature.

Heck, it'd be interesting if this series progressed so far that he becomes the care taker of the 'daniel' of this universe. While Sam and Mikaela are older and helping the Autobots. Not to mention, once bots start arriving, we very well could get an autobot city like the original animated film. Once enough bots come, they will need someplace 'quiet' to congregate.

11. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

As long as they don't waste prime then Hot rod should be ok. However i think they should look into other bots instead, I'd like to see wheeljack or hound in the new movie if they could fit them in or a triple changing Autobot.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd rather see Kup in the sequel, or better yet, completely new characters. Not necesarily with completely new names. I can see them using some old names for new characters so that they can keep the licensing of those names.

Edit: I just got thinking about it, and technically "Hot Rod" can't be in any of the movies. "Rodimus" or "Autobot Hot Rod" could, but, not "Hot Rod".

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I agree, for now at least, it seems BB fills Hot Rod's roll nicely.

We need Mirage, Hound, Wheeljack, or even Red Alert, Windcharger and Brawn before Hot Rod. I wouldn't be adverse to springer though, or Kup either. They have more individualistic personalities than what has been shown so far in movie. Even Ultra Magnus first before Hot Rod.

Hot Rod needs to come in as some of our current cast has grown out of their rolls and into more 'aged' rolls, before we can have another brash hot headed bot getting into trouble.

I'd say bring in cliffjumper, but he really just feels like an aged bumblebee who's pissier. And as a repainted corvette, I don't know. While yes great toywise, as we always get a repaint into Cliffy, I don't know how well he'd work in movie. He'd need a new form first. On the other hand, that red concept camaro could make for some interesting movie hot rod kitbashes...

14. sarpedon2

sarpedon2 Active Member

Can't Hot Rod be Cannon Fodder?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hot Rod demands attention, plus he's annoying and is rediculous. I really hope they don't put him in the next movie.

16. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

Hot Rod was only in 5 episodes plus The Animated Movie. As much as I do like Hot Rod, I think there are more deserving G1 characters for the next movie.

17. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

They should first include more Season 1 and 2 characters before going with Rod's plotline.

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I like this idea.

Prime did survive his first movie finally. The next logical step, is to make Hot Rod not survive his. A sort of, psyche out to the fans.

But as someone else pointed out, just having Hot Rod in it doesn't mean they will off prime. But does leave that fear in me they will at some point if he's introed.

19. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I am 100% in support of Hot Rod, and I would love to see him as an SRT-8 Charger like this

[​IMG]

Throw some flames on this honey, and there will be only one thing hotter then Megan Fox in the next movie, and it will be that car.

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've pretty much gotten to the point that as long as Wheeljack and Grimlock are in it, I don't really care who else gets in (except for Arcee).