HP:Half-Blood Prince gets PG rating

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    MuggleNet | The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Fansite - Deathly Hallows, Half-Blood Prince, JK Rowling, and much more

Interesting, very interesting. I was expecting a PG13 rating. Even just going off of what we've seen in the trailers, it should have theoretically gotten a PG13 rating. Maybe their going easier on the ratings this next year? I'll reserve any real judment for when I actually see the movie. Maybe they don't consider the darker parts dark enough to get the PG13 rating. I'm still looking forward to the movie.

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

It did have a PG13 until the WB removed the House Elf gangbang scene...

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, if anything I would expect PG13 on this one.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Me too. Especially with the Inferi and raging teenage hormones going around the castle.

Last I heard they only cut that scene in half so the movie wouldn't be too long :lolol 

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Blame it on Hagrid.

The furry scenes crossed the line.

6. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I hate Harry Potter so its not that big of deal. Are they really violent to get a PG 13 rating?

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Four and Five were, imo, graphic enough to warrant the PG 13 rating. The first three are really the only one's that could get by with just a PG rating. Six is supposed to be even darker than Four and Five were. I could see the Inferi warranting a PG 13 rating on their own, let alone some of the other things that go on in the movie. I can see Seven getting a PG rating, as nothing all that graphic happens in the first half of the last book. I can see Eight possibly getting a PG 13 rating easily. The last half of the book isn't exactly as graphic as some of the others, but I could see them taking certain parts a little farther. Like *spoiler* the scene where Voldemort kills Snape *spoiler*. In the end I'll just wait and see. Maybe the graphic parts aren't as graphic once they are seen on the big screen. Or maybe they are loosening up the rating system a bit.

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Well, this is surprising. From the trailers, I thought we had another "Order of the Phoenix" on our hands. I certainly hope the Rating doesn't reflect what's within the movie itself.

9. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

Ruined FOREVER.

Honestly though, I'm surprised, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the movie. I can think of lots of ways they could have the PG-13 stuff from the books happen in the WORLD of the movie without explicitly SHOWING them on screen.

10. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    WTH Does this have to do with Harry Potter?