How's your experience with the DOTM line's QC been?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mechafire, May 16, 2011.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    There is a slot behind his chest that the tab from his joined hoods attaches too, you just have to work it well. Once I figured that out, it snaps in beautifully.

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Mines the exact opposite, the left shoulder pad just doesn't want to stay on.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I realize that, though the way his two chest pieces overlap makes the whole assembly a little awkward.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  4. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    From DOTM I've only boughten Cyberverse Sentinel, HA Basic Sandstorm and they are QC free. I bought OP as well and no QC issues as well but decided to part with it and trade it for something with a fellow board member.

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty good so far. Only problem I've experienced is Roadbuster's mechtech weapon is really loose in bot mode.

6. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

We now know why he's named 'scream'. :) 

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Both of the Crankcases I got have sloppy paint on the feet (claws) and the gold paint on the dreads must have been tacky still upon assembly. They refused to fold back after transformation to where I had to take the heads apart and sand down the paint adhered to the red posts on the lightpiping. Also one of them had bad mold flash on the hinge on the hood (gray, where the pin is) to where the hood bits hit and would not flip over.

8. Bulkhead

Bulkhead Autobot General Counsel Veteran

News Credits:
    I've had very bad luck. I have two Crankcases and they are both a little messed up. One the dreads won't move, so it's very hard to make him look good in robot mode and even harder to get them into place for alt mode. The other the waist won't lock into place. It looks like there's an extra bit of plastic that's preventing it from sliding up all the way.

Also, my first voyager Optimus Prime's left foot kept falling off (cue Daniel Day Lewis Joke here). Returned and replaced him and the second one seems ok.

Finally, my voyager Ironhide was the rare bobblehead version. The head had no tension at all and just flopped around. I have a real problem using superglue on a new toy to tighten joints, so I exchanged it for a better on.

Overall, I'm a little unhappy with the QC thus far.

9. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ratchet's back part with the spare tire on it keeps popping off. Rest of my figures are fine but have very loose joints.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager Megatron had a pin inserted VERY crookedly, shaving off some of the plastic in his leg and preventing him from transforming correctly. Also, the little white tab that becomes part of his hood in vehicle mode broke off straight out of the package.

11. Oh_Slag

Oh_Slag Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe Roadbuster the left shoulder pad is loose, and the rocket launchers are very difficult to deploy. Deluxe Ratchet the mechtech saw blade is very wobbly when you use it. My Deluxe Top Spin is perfectly fine.

12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had to tighten up Megatrons upper arm joint so that he could hold up his fusion claw.
    And Crankcases ball joints needed some love too.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    opened Topspin and well he is missing a head..

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Your not alone, my deluxe BB is probably my worst, he can't hold up any pegged mech tech weapons on his left arm. Crankcase and Ratchet also have some loose joints, Crankcase occasionally loves to do the splits but generally they are bearable. However I gotta say Deluxe Screamer, Voyager Megs and Leader SP are all problem free.

Overall I'm quite surprised because the last couple of waves of Generations/HTFD were almost perfect quality, at least for me.

15. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    My Leader Sentinel Prime, the right shoulder ratchet was WAAAY too tight and it kept popping the arm's mounting out of the socket connecting it to the chest. I opened up his shoulder and shaved down the nub that clicks into the gear, and he's all better now. Strangely, this is also a case where the tighter the screws are, the easier it is to move the ratchet. This is because if the screws in his shoulder aren't tight enough the springed nub will just roll to the side and require a decent amount more force to move.

Screamer's right forearm kept popping off, but I used some super glue and a little bit of plastic to beef up the nubs that hold the ball in place.

Voyager Prime was almost perfect, except his backpack pieces were too damn loose. His nose-top arm pieces are pretty loose and annoying, too, so I might tighten them soon.

16. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only bit so far has been 2 heads just kinda popping off..Deluxe Jolt and Deluxe Roadbuster..both heads just kinda came off..Jolt doesn't even have a ball joint, it's a peg that the head looks like it was lightly glued on to to just turn side ways. Roadbuster has a very very small ball joint.

17. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Jolt's construction reminds me of TFTM Payload.

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    half the figs I picked up had loose joints/pieces.

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I haven't bought much from this line, only Legion BB, Commander Optimus Prime, and Activators Prime and BB.

All four are fine, but I did have to go through quite a few Legion BBs to find one that had decent paint on the grille. But its not a a big deal, anyone can simply add a spot of black paint.

20. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Powerglide- Sloppy paint apps

Only one I have so far ...