How's the spanish dub?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cambaprecoz, Aug 4, 2007.

1. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

I've only seen the english version with subs, for respect to Peter cullen. (his voice was sweet!) to those who have seen the spanish dub, I want to know the following before I see it:

- Is Prime's voice the same as the cartoon? (Rid,armada, ect.) or a totally new one?
    ( I hope so, that dude also voiced superman!:eek)

- are the dubs good? (voice fits characters, no cheesy translation)

- does megs have a voice as menacing as the english ver?

- did they kept frenzy's keep his final "Oh SHIIII" and "sam's happy time" and all the profanity?

sorry to bother! I'm curious!

2. Taggenagger

Taggenagger Transformers fandubs! TFW2005 Supporter

What I wonder is how the Spanish dub translates the Fig-Epps dialogue on using Spanish language.

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are at least two spanish dubs, one for spain (duh!) and the mexican dub (wich i think its the one you want to know, since its used for all latinamerica)

I saw the dubbed version after the sub like 2 weeks ago (one day after the release) so im trying to remember little details

the dub is pretty good and accurate to the film, the voices are just fine. Obviously the original VA for latinamerican Prime was not used (IMHO, his voice was never on par with Cullen). None of the previous VAs for Optimus are present. In this case however, the actor used for most Arnold Scharwzeneger (or whathever is spelled) films was Prime, decent voice, but still lacking that "Cullen" feeling

For the Fig-Epps dialogue, he talks in english while the rest only talk spanish (oh boy :p ). Pretty much the exact lines were used

For Frenzy, IIRC final line in spanish was "Demonios" (literally Damn!)

Finally, for Megatron, the voice was fine, although i cant remember the name of the actor or any other works in dubbing (he have a few years on major roles but i cant remember on what other characters ive heard his voice ;)  )

4. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

That's one of the things I was wondering about in the international versions! Thank you!
    That's a nice gimmick, I would love to see that, even though I don't speak Spanish.

So, translation?? What does Fig actually say?
    And by the way, there are two places where he breaks into Spanish and his comrades chide him: in the helicopter where they're talking about BBQ'd 'gator and on the ground in the desert right after Skorponok knocks over the tower and the guy with glasses says "What the heck was that?"

Gracias!

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Es bueno!! Mucho voces que bonitas!!

Okay I haven't seen it in spanish. :( 

Napjr, Is there really 2 different spanish dubs? Is the dialect that different between Spain and latin american spanish.

6. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup, its mostly the accent though, but also they have a direct translation of everything by law, while latinamerican can get some slight changes to get a nice product

you can compare both dubs on the official website ( http://www.transformersmovie.com ) by watching the trailers, just click on Español & Español :) 

7. 80Datsun210

Hey, cool, I hadn't noticed I could see the trailer in different languages!

So, ah, the line from the used car salesman: "Bobby Bolivia--just like the country but without the runs" ---how did that go over in Bolivia I wonder? ;) 

8. 80Datsun210

"BRING IT!" just isn't the same when you translate it, though. :p 

9. Riptor

Riptor Active Member

I´m from Spain, so I haven't seen the mexicn version... The spanish one is very nice, all the voices are very tigth with their characters. Some curious things:

-Prime is dubbed by the same actor that put the voice to Hellboy or Gladiator. Megatron has the voice of Samuel L. Jackson.

-While Frenzy says "Oh shit!" in the original version, in spanish he says "Joder!", that means "Fuck!"...

-The Fig-Epps dialogue... Okay, that's weird, because Fig (like the others) talks in spanish, only but with cuban/caribbean accent. So this way, the others don't say "english, please" and those things, but they say that they don't understand because of the dialect. This aspect is very common in Spain: for a barcelonese is really difficult to understand a sevillian (if he has strong accent) and viceversa. I suppose that in other countries happens things like that.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I kinda really want to watch it in Spanish now.
    DN