How's the scale for "Transformers Animated" line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leonhart621, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

Haven't been here for a long time. Most likely because the only Transformer line I have was Transformers Cybertron.

Avoided the movie line because of the scale of the figures (Bonecrusher in the deluxe class?!).

Well I bought Unicron last week to go with Primus. Excellent figure

Anyway, to the question, how's the scale for the Animated line?

I know Sentinel Prime is off. Bulkhead was also off but then they released him as a Supreme class.

Today I bought Grimlock, Swoop, Snarl, and Prowl (B2G1 for deluxe figures at TRU). Took me awhile to transform Snarl. Decent figures.

Now I'm thinking about getting the line but I kinda dislike figures if their scale was off, which is the reason why I haven't bought the Animated line when they first came out.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think scale in Animated is fairly close and that's saying a lot with scale for Transformers!

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the scale within a faction is pretty darn good- V. Prime, L. Bulkhead, D. Prowl, D. Ratchet, and D. Bumblebee are all decently in scale, in bot mode, though some people prefer the activator for BB. the Dinobots are fairly in scale with eachother, but in toys Grimlock is shorter than Prime-wasnt that way in the show. Surprisingly, Sentinel isnt that short-its just the fact that he has stubby looking legs, making him seem small. despite this, im pretty sure hes the right height with Jazz. i think they're in scale with Ultra Magnus, though i dont have him yet.

as for Decepticons, Lugnut and Soundwave are the worst cases-they're in scale with eachother and the V. Bulkhead, yet not the rest of the line. but L. Megs, V. Blitzwing, and V. Starscream are all decently the right size. Oil Slick and Blackarachnia are hard to tell, but im pretty sure they're pretty good. Lockdown gets tall like he does in the show, im pretty sure hes good too.

But between factions, not even close-BB is supposed to be almost a bug next to Blitzwing (specifically the scene from the racing episode. its...sorta depressing lol. (Activators might be closer for that...)

im pretty sure thats it:all are pretty darn good, cept Lugnut and Soundwave-both 2 classes too small.

4. Leonhart621

I just googled some image of Lugnut

[​IMG]

Damn, I didn't realized Lugnut is bigger than Starscream. I haven't watched the shows since the season ended so I'm not quite sure about their size.

I know (I think) Megatron is the biggest Decepticon so his L class is in scale. I thought Lugnut is smaller than Megatron but now looking at the pic, I'm not quite sure.

And I thought Soundwave was the right size. Isn't he way smaller than Bulkhead?

Sentinel Prime. Isn't he supposed to be the size of V Optimus Prime? In the show, I remember he's about the same size with Optimus, even with his vehicle form.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Scale in Animated is pretty accurate with only Voyager Prime, BB, Lugnut, and voyager Bulkhead being questionable.

Most have fixed that themselves by going leader bulkhead, activators BB, and voyager prime.

I prefer voyager bulkhead, activators BB, deluxe prime and voyager lugnut. Fixes my scale issues. I don't need bulkhead towering over anybody but BB personally. This also puts the rest in perfect scale to each other, including prime and grimlock, and prime to sentinel. Voyager Bulkhead also solves the soundwave scale issue. Vehicle wise, this also works perfect for me, though in vehicles Deluxe BB fits and Deluxe prowl is off.

6. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    if u buy the proper sized figures (e.g. voyager prime instead of deluxe, leader megs instead of voyager), u'd have a very decent scale...lugnut is the biggest misfit though...he's tiny when he's supposed to be huge..didnt really expect a leader class lugnut but they couldve maybe made a bigger voyager? he looks just a bit bigger than deluxe ratchet
    sentinel prime ^^ is also out of scale, he shouldve been a voyager...but im not really complaining about the TFA scale, its very good for most part

7. Leonhart621

So basically Lugnut and Sentinel Prime are currently the only ones who's out of scale.

Gonna avoid the Voyager, Leader, and Supreme classes for now. Well except for Blitzwing. Gonna see if I can find him tomorrow.

Gonna see if I can get Lockdown, Blackarachnia, Ratchet, Soundwave, Oil Slick, and Jazz tomorrow at TRU for the B2G1 promo. Bumblebee wasn't there so gonna try to find him somewhere else.

Not interested at Sentinel Prime because of his scale (he should be a Voyager like Optimus Prime). Also really not interested at EG BB.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Scale isn't too bad, but like previously said, there are some that don't really fit. Also, it depends on which side you are going off of, as the scale between most of the Autobots is off with most of the Decepticons, depending on what size class your figures are. Personally I really don't care about size class, so I just get whichever figures I like, and don't really care about what size class they are, though the smaller they are, the better chance they have of being added to my collection (aka I'm cheap).

Them along with Soundwave, are the only one's I can currently think of that are way out of scale with the others. Grimlock is a bit smaller than he should be if they were supposed to be in-scale with each other, but it's not as bad as some.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Personally, I wouldn't even call them out of scale. Just to Voyager Prime they kinda are.
    Deluxe BB is honestly the worst offender, being as tall as ratchet and Jazz. Almost all the others can be corrected scale wise via shifting your preference to which ever scale you like better. Deluxe Prime to me feels better in scale without having to go leader bulkhead. Saves me cash on bulkhead, keeps lugnut in scale, and gives leader megs that better oomph he has towards prime. Plus you get an accurate axe this way. This also keeps sentinel, ratchet, and prowl the right heights to him. Voyager Prime is also IMHO too gimmicky and isn't fun.

10. Leonhart621

I'll keep that in mind

Just watch the Soundwave episode in Youtube. ****, he's supposed to have the same size of Bulkhead

11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    He does to the voyager bulkhead, just not the leader one.

An added play factor to soundwave deluxe too, is the WST soundwave. It cameos at the end of the episode. Plus if you do the fanmade speaker configuration for deluxe soundwave, it fits perfectly under his chest plate, for like a zune/iPod type hookup. xD So I tend to favor the deluxe for that reason. My problem with a voyager soundwave is his scion would be massive then, in comparison to ratchet and BB's alt modes. Let alone prime's and so forth. Though I guess with a guitar on top, he becomes more of a music repair van then.

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    and lugnut is out of scale to every other figure..he's supposed to be the same size as bulkhead..and unless u have voyager bulkhead (which looks dumb in size next to deluxe bumblebee) its gonna look not right...but still, theyre very nice figures, and they look fine on my shelf :D 

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    there really is no way to have Voyager Lugnut in scale with his Decepticon Bretheren as he is larger than Megatron. the only Megatron smaller than Lugnut is the Battle begins one. yikes. plus then Blitzwing and Starscream are WAY out of scale

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Deluxe BB is massive. >_<
    He's like the lockdown of BB molds so far. If I wasn't so lazy as to walk over to the movie shelf, to compare him to Animated BB instead of hazarding a guess, I'd say he's even taller than Movie BB.

Megatron is supposed to be the biggest decepticon, followed closely by Starscream and blitzwing, then lugnut.
    But lugnut is only supposed to be barely a half head shorter than Blitzy, and not nearly half blitzy's height.

This problem is going to show up again with the constructicons, they should be bulkhead height, taller than autobots, but smaller than megatron. Roughly Lugnuts height he should have. About a half head shorter than blitzwing.

Instead from the looks of it, the constructicons will be about soundwave scale to voyager bulkhead.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Lugnut is larger than Megatron. taller. wider too. someone tried to make a scale chart once and an official one proved that he was larger.

16. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I'd like to see the actual scale chart from the animators.
    Cause in the show he's about smaller than megatron, but yes wider. It's the head that does it since it's not your standard type head it dips lower than megatron's height, ditto to blitzwing. If he had a standard head he'd be taller. That's what gives him the half head shortness to blitzwing as you see in lost and found, and the Roll out movie.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Deluxe Bumblebee is way too big, and Voyager Bulkhead is way too small, and Sentinel Prime is only available in deluxe and therefore too small...but overall, not too bad, as far as Autobots scale goes.

Lugnut should be a lot bigger though, as stated.

18. Rev_Pee_Kitty

Rev_Pee_Kitty Order Malkavian-Dobbsian

Fan-made speaker configuration? I haven't seen this. Got a link?

19. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    The cartoon is grossly inaccurate in this respect. Soundwave is a Scion XB and Bulkhead is an APC. Are you telling me a civilian van is the same size as a military transport? Soundwave would probably be the same size as Ratchet, meaning it makes much more sense to release him as a Deluxe than a Voyager.