How's Action-HQ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lord Megatron, May 23, 2007.

1. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I'm just wondering how reliable they are, and such. I'm planning on preordering MP Megs from them, and, it being my first interweb purchase, I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

2. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I ordered my Pepsi Convoy through them a year (or so) ago. I had no issues with them, it arrived on time, and Pepsi Convoy was nicely bubble-wrapped inside the shipping box...

So, that's 1 in the 'pro' column, let's see what everyone else has to say...

3. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Never ordered because of rediculous prices.

4. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got Robot Master Victory Saber from them...must have been a couple of years ago. Purchase went through fine and shipping was nice for coming from overseas. I'd just shop around first since they are more expensive. If you do order from them, they may still run the same deal where you get a slight discount on your first order. I got a code for that when I registered with them the first time.

5. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I bought MP-1 from them from Iraq and had it sent to my Parents house but I never bought from them again they have high prices

6. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    high prices, but they are reliable

7. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I have a mp-05 on preorder for what was it 89.99 + like 20 somethin' shipping with that lil 5 bucks off came to 116.00 somethin shipped.

For the 159 ive seen megs go for on ebay im gonna stick with the preorder for the good price.

Ive had my small doubts too, but I asked them a question and got an instantaneous answer. And also I placed an order before, to see the shipping and I think I hit one too many buttons, and sent the order thru, well, they cancelled it immediately. I was very happy to order thru them. I like em so far.

When it comes to combined shipping I see the rapage tho.

8. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have used Action HQ a couple of times and have never had a problem.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've had good experiences with them, but I didn't care for their (old) website, and they make BBTS look cheap.

Still, with all the issues with MP-05 on eBay and with the plug fears, they're probably a good choice.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After several transactions, I''ve found them to be reliable.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Their prices are high, but they occasionally offer a decent price, and in the event they have a price mistake they honor your order at the lower price, which is aces because a lot of stores won't do that. Years ago I got a pre-order for the reissue Predaking for $125 shipped, which was about $50-75 less than anybody else out there, domestic or imported.

Their shipping is also fast and well packaged. I once had two orders ship from Action-HQ and BBTS on the same day. BBTS is two states away from me and the Action-HQ package arrived all the way from Hong Kong first using standard shipping from both places.

12. Thrasymachos

Thrasymachos energon cube

Action HQ is great for pre-ordering. I was able to get MP-03, Alt Rumble and Alt Ravage from them for very reasonable prices as pre-orders. After items are released, AHQ's prices tend to rise, sometimes dramatically.

They do have relatively high shipping charges, but in my opinion, there are two very good offsets for this:

1) most importantly, they ship promptly and pack well. I've heard stories of poor packaging or slow service, but I have never experienced this.

2) you get a percentage of the purchase price as store credit with every purchase. Sometimes you even get bonus credit - I recently preordered MP-06 and got an additional $10 credit, which, on top of the store credit I'd already amassed, brought the price down to approximately what it would cost to ship domestically. Imanently worth it if you ask me.

Lastly, their customer service is quite good, in my experience. They responded to all my emails within 24 hours with accurate and helpful information.

All in all, I recommend them highly for the serious collector. If you are more casual/patient and can wait for domestic release or are squeemish about relatively high shipping fees, you may be better off shopping elsewhere.

13. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Never had a problem with them but I do find their site a bit cumbersome, especially when it comes to revising account info and the like.

Everytime I've ordered something form there for import to Canada, I've avoided the customs charges that usually hit me when I order from the US. I really don't see a huge difference in price once all the costs are tallied up. Even the delivery time is comparable-- faster even.