How're your experiences with TRU online?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Nov 25, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last Monday I ordered a TF from Toys R Us online, and up to now, it still says "Item(s) located in stock". TRU stated a roughly 2-day processing time, and it has been 2 days. I'm just wondering what your experiences were, so I know what to expect.

2. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no complaints. I wouldn't expect their website to be accurate. I ordered from them about two weeks ago.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i have ordered from them a few times and all was good, only complaint is that they pacakge everything in a big box with about 2-3 tiny air bags......other than that it is good, items arrived fast and were in good condition

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've ordered from them several times. Never had any problems, but I did'nt like for them shipping two of my TF in brown envelopes, instead of boxes.

5. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    I do hope so. Online ratings such as reseller ratings are scaring me. Along with the fact that my order hasn't shipped yet.

Still, as long as it arrives at time! I'm not quite so picky that way.

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem with them. Remember, this week's Thanksgiving so they may be a little slower than usual in shipping things out.

7. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Oh, I forgot about that. Guess I am slightly insensitive here. Haha, thanks for the reminder.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got TFA Ldr Megs and RotF DD Brawl from them last week.
    they shipped fast enough (luckily just before this week's madness) and so in 5 days, i had my goodies.
    the drawback? no packing material in the box. just the two items side by side and the invoice.they were in good shape, but the lack of the packing material was a surprise.

First of the month, gonna order from em again.

9. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I don't mean to be rude but shouldn't people wait longer than 2 days for any item? I usually don't care what a website says in regards to how prompt there service is, I wait 2 weeks and if nothing is here then I chase it up.

9 times out of 10 it will have arrived by then and I have had no reason to get stressed out as I was prepared to wait.

10. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

HA!! I did that too. I ordered something from them on the friday before Labor Day. I was pissed that there was no status change until my friend reminded me. After the holiday it arrived pretty promptly. I'd give it until Monday.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they did fold the card back to the GI Joe in my order to make it fit in the box with the other stuff. I don't keep things in boxes so it didn't really bug me but I was a little suprised that they'd do that.

11. Xavier Prime

Xavier Prime Member

Well i ordered a TRU exclusive Perceptor when they went on sale online the first time, they shipped him in a yellow air bubble envelope the kind you use to ship media mail. Needless to say that when he arrived the box was completely squashed, Perceptor survived the trampling but luckily I was able to exchamge him at a local TRU whe they were in stock.

12. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to add that sometimes online retailers are a little late on shipping status. For example, HTS gives me shipping confirmations after I already received the items.

13. Bruticus11

Bruticus11 White Elephant Hunter

Ebay:
    I have never had a problem with TRU online . Just ordered from them last week

14. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

never had any problems ordering off the co.uk site. they're fairly together around this time of year aswell with a legion of temps picking & packing.