howdy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by night force jazz, Oct 4, 2006.

1. night force jazz

night force jazz watching and training

Wandered in here last night from another board and was immediately impressed by how active it really is here. That's really kinda rare thing on a lot of toy forums but it's cool to see sometimes.

OK, so hello everyone.

I'll confess to not being a Transformers fan. Not really anyway, it's a curiosity thing for me really. I did grow up on the Sunbow G1 series but I only had a few of characters in toy form (far as I can even remember, I only had Optimus Prime, Skywarp, Jazz, Soundwave, and a couple of the Constructicons), and by the time G2 was on the market, TF had fallen off my radar. I remember years ago, looking at the Beast Wars stuff in the store and wondering what in the hell Hasbro was experiementing with to have taken the line in that direction. I loved the movie too, I really was nuts about some of the new characters like Cup, Arcee, and Galvatron, though it was only a couple years ago that I picked up the DVD and watched it in amazement again though it it didn't bring TF anymore attention than that for me.

On the other hand, I'm a proud GIJoe geek and always have been. I never outgrew it and never made an effort to, it's one of my true passions that keeps my inner child alive and kicking. Well, when DDP published their first GIJoe vs Transformers story arc, I read it and I loved it. Autobots being used as HISSes, Stingers, and Rattlers plus that classic scene of Megatro holstered so Cobra Commader was arguing with his his lower half. I bought the trade and early awaited Volume 2 and then even moreso for volume 3 (I'm hoping for a 4th incarnation). The series not only made perfect sense for a crossover between H's 2 flagship properties but it also brought the TF back onto my radar in a big way.

That said, Jazz was always my favroite TF character by a longshot and remained so. Even as I lost track of the robots in diguise, I never dropped Jazz off my list favorite pop culture characters.

And it hit me a couple months ago that some of the TF characters might work if they were reimagined as human characters in my Joe-verse, starting with Jazz. I started kicking around what he'd be like in said form and came up with exactly what I think that very memorable and bad-azz TF character would be like as member of the Joe team... The custom figure is underway now.

That venture's inspired me to expand on the theme now. So in the coming months, I'll make Joes out of Cup, Arcee, and Skids; a Cobra out of Skywarp, and a Dreadnok out of Grimlock. I'm gonna make an Iron Grenadier character out of one of the Decepticons too, though I'm not sure whic evil TF might be appropriate for that role. Any ideas? :) 

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

[​IMG]

Welcome

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    catchy handle buddy. for some reason it reminds me of fox force five. fox because were a buncha foxy chicks. force because were a force to be reckoned with. five because theres 1-2-3-4-five of us.

do you know what a pilot is?

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Hello.

*Kup. Sorry that was aggravating the hell out of me.

Unfortunately you are in the minority. Most people hate the GIJoe/TF crossovers. Me personally, I thought the first one you are referring to was awesome. I didn't care for the others though.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. And don't be suprised if this thread gets moved to the Fuzzy World.

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Welcome aboard!

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome to the site, and remember, to have fun here.

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Welcome Stellas on me

[​IMG]

8. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Welcome Jazz :D 

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You trying to get rid of him?

10. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    hehehe maybe

11. night force jazz

sorry, yeah, my mistake. I can't believe I messed that up and more than once to boot.

yeah, I'm usually in a minority of opinions, no matter which toyline I'm talking about. :D 

12. night force jazz

P.S.

what is a Stella?

I'm guessing it's some generic off-brand cheap beer? :inquisiti 

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to 2005. Have fun, enjoy your stay, and behave...otherwise you get the Backstop.

14. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

What up and I want some of that Giant Ice Cream cookie and beer..mmmm...

15. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Shit beer from Belgium that's passed off as a premium import. It's shite.

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Yo.