How you would've done The Last Knight

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Aug 11, 2017.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    A question that came to my mind, of course like the previous films, there alot of stuff some of you guys would've liked changed, now if you had directed the movie or could re-do, what changes you would've done.

But there are 2 things
    1. You CANT reboot
    2. You must keep the King Arthur stuff

2. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Add more robot scenes, give a better backstory to the Knights and Quintessa, take away the cheesy dialogue, make Bee and Barricade fight, have Optimus and Megatron have a real fight, and evaluate the Nemesis Prime storyline that brings more stakes to the story.

Edit: Add more Dinobots scene and show them fight in the final battle.

3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    I would give Topspin his OWN FUCKING HEAD

• Like Like x 9
  4. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm doing an overhaul of that god awful Da Vinci code 2nd act of the film. I think the 1st act was great and I think the 3rd act was solid or at least watchable once Nemesis came back.

The problems start when the chase begins after they leave Burton's Castle. I would just make it so that the chase goes straight from Castle to the submarine because everything in the middle of the section was garbage. That way we could cut out the horrible scene at Viviane's house and I'd cut out all the comedic bits with Burton in the 2nd act. That stuff just wasn't funny. Give Bee and Barricade a nice fight in London in place of that stuff.

Some other stuff
    - take out Bee's reforming ability
    - longer Nemesis and Bee fight. No cutting to Cade and Lennox
    - better editing in the final battle. The stuff before they went to the ignition chamber felt choppy.
    - shorter TRF Drone chase
    - No reusing old models. Looking at you Dreadbot and Berserker.
    - Volleybot is Topspin. As in no Frankenstein bot with Leadfoot's head

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    1) Take every single fight and actually make them last more than 2 seconds. (Bee vs Barry, OP vs Megs, etc)
    2) Ditch ALL the secret history stuff. (other than the knights of course)
    3) Have some noticeable cameos in Cuba.
    4) Lots of fighting between the Decepticons and Autobots during their first meeting with no deaths, which leads to the Decepticons being a continuous threat throughout the film.
    5) Only one Decepticon death - Dreadbot in final battle
    6) Dinobots in final battle.
    7) Have the Autobot team show up in London.
    8) Get rid of a HUGE chunk of the submarine traveling to the ship.
    9) Give Izabella a purpose. Remember when she pursuaded Cade she knew how to repair Autobots? Make that come in handy later on. Have her repair an Autobot who could die without help.
    10) Make me care about Santos more than making him Idiot Military Guy #1.
    11) Remove the awful scene of the women thinking Cade and Viviane were having sex in her dad's office. In fact, take out every single one of them from the movie except Viviane's mom.
    12) Add a quick explanation of Megatron working for Quintessa as well as show him turning from Galvatron to Megatron.
    13) Make Cybertron the size it should be.
    14) When Quintessa talks to Optimus, add flashbacks of the events leading up to the war, showing Megatron and Prime's relationship, which would in turn give more meaning to Megatron's line about them being brothers.

I might think of more later.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    by cutting irrelevant stuff other that the cool shit like cogman ripping heads and the optimus megatron backstory

also I would make prime stay evil longer and make megatron the anti-hero who stops him

that´s for starters

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Keep it exactly as it is but cut out the stuff that deserved to be cut, not the stuff people actually wanted to see. (Looking at you, Deceptions in London)

that too

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I wrote this down in another thread but basically make the whole movie about the junkyard crew and center on Cade and Izabella. Megs and Barricade gather their forces and ally with the TRF to attack the junkyard. The TRF has giant mechas to fight the Dinobots on more equal footing. Trench gets more to do.

If I had to add in all the extra Unicron/history stuff, here's how I'd do it. Unicron's horns are still emerging. Cogman and Burton come to America to warn the Autobots of Cybertron's arrival, but he comes shortly before the battle with the Decepticons and the TRF. Burton has thankfully also brought along his band of old retired Transformers, including Bulldog and Mini-Jetfire, as well as Hot Rod. A big battle takes place, and then after Dreadbot is killed, Optimus arrives and demands the Autobots surrender to him and Quintessa. The Decepticons are now bolstered by Optimus as Cybertron arrives.

Optimus is... eh I haven't given it too much thought but eventually he turns good again. More or less the same. The Autobots head to Cybertron for the final fight. During the battle Izzy helps repair an Autobot who would've otherwise died. Eh. That's all I got.

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Get rid of Squeaks and Isabela
    - Keep Galvatron. Maybe, Quintessa communicates to him through some kind of psychic connection, that could have been an offshoot of the Allspark keeping him live without an actual 'Spark.' She informs him she can give him an even more powerful body and control of Cybertron again, if he helps her. Maybe at the end, Galvatron would be 'reborn' into Megatron.
    - Make the humans be the equivalent of the 'Age of Extinction' elimination game. Basically, we find that almost every single human aside from Cade, has been offed by the government (including Simmons). Basically, Hopkins' character is on 'neutral ground' since the US government can't kill him on foreign soil. However, they are trying to find the proper time to 'drop' Cade, figuring with him gone, it'll be easy enough for them to fully eliminate the Autobots.
    - Make the 'new' Autobots seem like actual characters, like a new 'Autobot 5' group in the UK. Include Hot Rod and Cogman (though actually show Cogman as an actual Headmaster), and maybe give that submarine an actual robot mode.
    - Drop the snark and 'd***-measuring' verbal talk, aka make people sound like Michael Bay isn't just trying to finish this and cash in his paycheck!
    - Drop the whole talisman/Chosen-one bs with Cade. Maybe deal with the knight trying to acclimate to this world, and tell a bit more about where he comes from, as well as just why he was there.
    - Make it not feel like the humans are the key to everything, but that the whole 'Macguffin' thing requires their cooperation.
    - Include some cohesion to the last story, like maybe Optimus still possessed the seed, and upon meeting Quintessa, he tries to use it on her, but fails. Plus, maybe explain how Cybertron was simply 'blown out,' when the last time we saw it, a good portion of it was sucked into a black hole.
    - Maybe explain a bit better to the audience the whole 'Earth is Unicron' bit, since only the die-hard TF fans would even get what is going on.

10. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    Above all else, more ties into threads introduced in Age of Extinction, such as more about the creators, Prime having the seed, etc. At the very least have Quintessa say that she was the one who sent Lockdown. I would also give more importance to the Dinobots. Didn't like how they were all built up to be this big destructive force in the last movie, and then only two of them are seen here, with Grimlock being reduced to a joke. I'd take out those mini-dinobots, too. They were cute, but unnecessary.

• Like Like x 3
  11. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well now that you ask it like that...I would've made Quintessa the godess of the Creators which were introduced in AoE and practically she would be from an entire new race called the Quintessons! They would've invented the Seeds in means of creating an army of slaves to destroy Unicron - the chaos bringer who had devastated their home world in antient times nearly extermenating them. They would've been forced to flee and seek refuge.

12. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Wandering aimlessly in California as a VW Bug
  13. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    -Well I would explain how the Knights were chosen and who the yactually are in the beginning scene.
    -Ditch the whole 12 knight thing and make Quintessa just the creator of the knights themselves.
    -Dinobots vs Infernocus
    -Make Cybertron bigger
    -Ditch Izzy,TRF
    -Prison break
    -Optimus is the main villain for both sides (autobots and decepticons)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I would have made the movie we thought we were all getting after we saw the first couple of trailers and set photos and vids.

It still wouldn't have been perfect, but a damn sight better than the mess we did get!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Better story
    Better characters
    Better editing
    Better directing

• Like Like x 2
  16. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I would do a CONTINUATION of AOE!

• Like Like x 1
  17. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    •1 The 1st Knights saw a TF and used it as inspiration for their armor.
    •2 Being flattered, the TF teach King Arthur the ancient rules of Law.
    •3 Optimus arrives on Cybertron and gets corrupted by a virus made by the creators. This virus was meant for all the knights, but because Optimus has freed them....he gets the full dose.
    •4 Optimus is sent back to earth with Infernocus to whipe out all its defenses in order for the creators to invade earth and harvest more Transformium (TM).
    •5 Humans, Autobots and Decepticons must team up in order to stop Prime....who is the last knight.
    •6 Prime's virus speeads to Galvatron...resurrecting Megatron in the process.
    •7 GIANT fight scene with Dinobots vs Infernocus
    •8 Only Izzy realises a weakness in the virus infecting Prime. While Bee and the gang are battling Prime, Izzy uploads the anti-virus to Squeeks, and he frees Prime.
    •9 Megarton flees.
    •10 Virus is actually Dark Energon. Its use has now awakened a dead moon. Purple eyes flash at its core, and Unicron's horns begin to emerge.
    End Credits.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

There is already a treadh like this.

19. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually have a notebook with ideas for my own yet to be written version of the film

it mostly features plot points there weren´t inclded in the film but it has some other stuff

20. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

THIS! One of the biggest problems with TLK is that it was trying too hard not to be like its critic and fan-underrated predecessor, which was a MASSIVE global box office hit, and it didn't care about its concepts being consistent with what was established.

However there are two main ideas. In both some (but not all) of the Knights would have been in the Dark Ages on Earth and would have been captured by Lockdown, and they would have been unwilling servants of the Creators in the present day. In both Megatron/Galvatron would be established as the "Last Knight" and a member of Prime's ancient crusading order.

The first involves Nemesis Prime and "Nemesis Megatron," whom would be a Creator-built and controlled recreation of Megatron, as written by me in another thread:

The Shrekond idea would reveal one of the Creators to be a shape-shifting alien disguised as a diminutive human named Lord Farquaad, and it would be the start of a Shrekformers Cinematic Onionverse:

• Like Like x 1