How Would You Write It?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Joeis4Jord4n, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Joeis4Jord4n

Joeis4Jord4n Well-Known Member

Brutal, dude!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I was just answering the question. I know it seems harsh but I'm just voicing my own opinion. I realise a lot of people won't agree and I'm not trying to start any arguments.

It's just how I feel.

3. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Wow. That's just mean.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Using a keyboard.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I suppose a bit of background is in order. I have a lifelong phobia of dogs aggravated by dog owners lack of consideration and I might add, breaking of the law. In Ireland, dogs are not supposed to be off their leads when in public.

I'm tired of society and the media dismissing my, and others', phobia telling us how cute dogs are and how there's something wrong with people who don't like dogs.

I don't hate all dogs. My brother got me used to his. His current dog is very placid. It's the nasty smaller bitey ones I can't abide.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

A well placed kick usually solves the problem.

And if its owners are trying to give you any problems and you feel like repaying the kindness it may even end with them having to explain why the animal was not restrained in public and having to prove that the thing was vaccinated before the incident.

That's how I've tough my neighbours to start paying attention to what their spitz is doing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ryan1986

Ryan1986 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd like terminus to become the big bad for a bit. Have a story where he goes after all the nails, autobots and decepticons with a huge functionist army. Ending it with megs killing terminus :) 

8. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If I was in charge of "general strategy", rather than directly writing any of the books?
    I'd give Roberts and Barber 12-18 issues to wrap up their storylines in Lost Light and OP; even if I'm not really a fan of Lost Light at this point and feel like Optimus Prime is spinning its wheels, they deserve at least a chance to end on their own terms.
    After that - and I guess after the third part of whatever the "Hasbro Universe event trilogy" is - I'd do a soft reboot, giving the core "Transformers" title to either Mairghread Scott (if she was willing to return) or someone new, which I think is necessary. Have the single core book split between Earth and Cybertron (similar to late exRID) with a new status quo, probably with no Optimus or Megatron (put them on a spaceship together to go and have their own adventures), but without excessive focus on the humans.
    In addition to the core book, have an ongoing version of the Spotlights; rather than true one-shots, have it be a regular monthly book that just happens to have a focus on a different character each issue. Use it as an excuse to hop around the galaxy. Guest artists and authors could be regular, and the characters would probably be carefully picked out to ensure a mixture of interesting stories and guaranteed sales.
    Lastly, have semi-regular miniseries running alongside; this would probably be the best place to show what Optimus and Megs are getting up to. (Also, John Barber writing miniseries with Action Man in, please.)

• Like Like x 3
  9. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

THIS. MTMTE and RID felt fresh on 2012! But we're in 2017 already and everything looses it's freshure at one point or another. Let Roberts do his supposedly planned "grand finale" and let Barber wrap up everything, and maybe let Nick Roche do a Wreckers 3 during that time. Then just do a soft reboot to attrack new readers, and please, with new writers but with Barber editing everything.

Wasn't the Action Man mini planned as an ongoing cancelled due to low sales?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nope, it was always planned as a mini, apparently.
    I don't necessarily want "Action Man miniseries" - though they'd be great - I just want Action Man to be around.

11. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Jem X Transformers crossover, NOW.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Restart the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons with a real gutwrenching tragic set of circumstances that are all Starscream's fault.

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    kill Starscream.

14. Joeis4Jord4n

Joeis4Jord4n Well-Known Member

But what if he becomes a ghost?

15. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

Let the ghost haunt Megatron.

16. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

The first thing I'd do is establish that Cybertron orbits its star a hell of a lot faster than earth, so their 'year' is short...so we can drastically reduce the length of their war in human terms; I'm sick of the 'four million years' thing, it's just too long.

• Like Like x 1
  17. smkheidze

smkheidze GEEEEE-WUNNER MOFO!

un-kill sideswipe.....cause him being dead makes me sad. I hate being sad about things that aren't real.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Megatron felt a presence behind him. He quickly turned around, but there was nobody. He could have sworn he had heard somebody whisper, "Even in death, I shadow you..."

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I don't know how I'd write IDW overall, but if I were in charge of a book, I'd keep it small. IDW's biggest enemy is its continuity. Muddled, overcomplicated, and inconsistent due to so many writers' own voices tackling major characters and issues within the universe.

IDW desperately needs a more low-key book with a smaller, secluded cast with their own conflict unrelated to the larger IDWverse. Everything's too large scale in IDW on average, and I think that's why the two Wreckers series are so good. They only barely touch on the broader universe, and are largely focused on just a handful of characters.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3