How would you rate the g1 transformers season 3 episodes?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Slone1993, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

or how would the rate the season in general i awlays seem to hear criticism about it .

2. Slone1993

some of the best episodes from that season would be the ffod episodes, grimlocks new brain, starscreams ghost, theif in the night, ghost in the machine, call of the primitives, chaos was not too bad of an episode, their was the episodes that were not that great like carnage in c minor, face of the nijika, madmans paradise, nightmare planet, money in everything, only human, web world, surprise party, forever is a long time coming, dweller in the depths was not that great, and killing jar. you have your alright episodes like, the return of optimus episodes. quintesson journal the big braod cast of 2006 was good so was dark awakening fight or flee was a good episode and so was the ultimate weapon.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I wasn't much a fan of season three. Too much space stuff. Too much Quintessons. Decepticons being a bit crap. Insane Galvatron. Iffy animation. ****** Grimlock. Daniel. Wheelie. Whiny Rodimus. New TF characters that I wasn't too fond of seeing the adventures of.
    I remember sitting down to watch the DVD set after buying it and it taking a couple of weeks to get through because I didn't particularly enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slone1993

i know what u mean i think the quintessons casue the series to go downhill too a little bit just because it was no longer autotobts vs decepticons insteas it was all three of them against each other. the animation was not too great either call of the primitives had good animation in it i will admit that .

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ah yes, Call of the Primitives. With the space monkey that built Unicron. Another reason I dislike season three. That and Carnage in C Minor.

6. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

Why people critize season 3 so much and just gloss over the first 2 seasons I'll never know. The entire series was kind of silly at times.

• Like Like x 2
  7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They aren't any better or any worse than the first 2 seasons. It's true. i loved them all as a kid. You can't look at them with an adult logic and pick them apart. if you liked the earlier episodes, they are just as entertaining. Yes, there are some "stinkers" in there, but there was in season 2 too. Most people who dislike season 3 dislike it because they didn't like that characters they liked are not in it. It was kind of the first one to feature a smaller central cast that later series would pick up on. If you have cable, they are going to start airing on the Hub soon, so check them out, otherwise, a lot of Targets still have the DVD sets for $25, so it's not like you're going to be out a ton of money if you buy them and don;'t care for them.

---->That whole rant was wrody and ridiculous, I apologize. Bottom line, they're as good as the other seasons. I reccomend them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The writing direction changed a bit for this season as there were some darker episodes (Dark Awakening, The Return of Optimus Prime two-parter) and some extremley odd episodes (The Killing Jar, Carnage in C-Minor, The Face of Nijikia) and some excellent episodes (The Ultimate Weapon, Call of the Primitives)
    I like this season but it's the early episodes I feel that were absolutley shitty and felt like total toy commercials, especially the introductions of Metroplex and Trypticon who show off everything about themselves.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4/10, at best. Reasons, for me anyway...

- Whole tone of the series changed from the first two seasons.
    - Removed or ignored most of the main cast from earlier seasons, though they did eventually bring Prime back.
    - Many characters were either less interesting than those they replaced (Rodimus and Galvatron, especially), generally annoying (Wheelie, Daniel) or previously tolerable characters that were screwed up (Grimlock).
    - With the exception of a few episodes, poor quality of animation relative to the earlier seasons...which is saying something given how many animation errors plagued the first two seasons.
    - While the pre-Movie Decepticons were never the most competent bunch in the universe, the post-Movie Decepticons were almost completely useless.
    - Decepticons effectively supplanted as the series main villains by the Quintessons, who managed to be about as incompetent as the Decepticons.
    - Series goes from "Autobots wage their battles to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons" to "Autobot space diplomats are slightly inconvenienced by whatever half-assed scheme the Quintessons managed to cook up...and occasionally Galvatron will stop shooting his own troops long enough to be a minor nuisance, as well".

On the good side, there were some really cool episodes and a few interesting characters (Cyclonus), but what potential there was just wasn't realized enough, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The season as a whole is, IMHO, the weakest, both story wise, and in animation. Personally, I think the 80's cartoon peaked with TFTM, and everything after it was disappointing.

11. Slone1993

btw galvatron is still megatron i can honestly say they techinically did not replace megatron it is just cause galvatron took the bath is the plasma lava why he went crazy. when he was megatron he occasinally hit his own troops sometimes.

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's ok.

13. Slone1993

whats ok?

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I loved Season 3 and find myself watching its episodes more than 1 or 2. Just rewatched Dark Awakening and fell in love with it all over again. While Galvatron was probably less complex than Megatron, I appreciated the fact that Rodimus was never meant to be like Optimus. Don't get me wrong, I love the big bot and think he's the face of Transformers, but Rodimus had some fun/interesting/deep moments. His last line at the end of Fight or Flee is a bit chilling, and he had some great development in Burden Hardest to Bear and the Ultimate Weapon. Most of all, I love his line in Return of Optimus Prime as he looks at Prime's statue.

I also really liked the Quints. It was a nice mix-up of 'Bot vs. 'Con. Sure, all villains in Transformers never really pose any threat (except in TFTM), but I loved the mystery to them in FFoD and Rodimus's line at the end-- "We transformers have looked into the face of our creators, and seen the face of an enemy."

• Like Like x 2
  15. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I look at season 3 this way: the animation was sometimes sub-par(Akom) BUT the stories were more often than not, pretty damned good. I liked the science fiction turn the stories were taking but really by the middle of season 2 the sci-fi aspect was coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i liked it but not as much as seasons 1 and 2

17. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Maybe because the whole feel of the series changed in season 3. Plus, all the classix charactrs are gone, including Optimus (until he was revived)

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    They run the entire spectrum IMO. The Burdon Hardest to Bear and The Ultimate Weapon are fantastic (again, IMO) and there's no need to mention Carnage in C Minor falling under the shitty end. I'd put Call of the Primitives in the bad end too. Awesome aimation, terrible, terrible story. Not a huge fan of the Quintesson stuff either.

19. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

As a kid, I hated season three because I had so much invested in the earlier characters. Watching it as an adult gave me a new respect for the post movie formers as the stories were much darker in mood. It seemed Rodimus and company were always on the run or falling back but still maintaining ground where it mattered. I'm also one of the few who loved "Webworld" as it showed that Galvatron was not in fact crazy, just filled with rage.
    I also find the inclusion of the Quintissons as a major force to be a great addition to the lore. I could go on........

......but, in the end, it still wasn't season 1&2.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I personally enjoyed season 3... I could have done without the Daniel-heaviness in some episodes & Rodimus being emo though... I thought it was just as good as the first 2 seasons. Also I've always liked the idea of Rodimus leading the Autobots. But you know... Heroic kind of bad ass Rodimus... Not "waaah I hate my responsibility and lack of being Optimus" Rodimus...