How would you rate iGears' Mini Warriors?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TFfanmaiku, Sep 1, 2012.

1. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

Like the title says how would you rate them? I was thinking of picking up a couple but wanted to get other's input first.

Rating system:
    1-Horrible
    5- Decent but wait until there is a discount.
    10- Worth every penny.

Thank you for your input.

2. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    iGear's notHuffer and notSeaspray? That's all that's been released so far, I believe. I thought they were worth the money brand new. Plastic quality is great, and the only real negative is that they could use some extra paint apps, notHuffer especially, which can be fixed by reprolabels. notHuffer's also a little more yellow than orange.

Personally, I'd give them an 8 or 9. I thought the price was reasonable at the time, but I'm sure it's shot up since then. I'm really looking forward to notBrawn and notCosmos, and expect them to be better.

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Well, we've only gotten two so far, and I would rate Rager 9/10 and Spray 8/10. Great, fun, small and relatively cheap figures that look like who they are supposed to be. Spray loses a point for not clicking together in a firmer manner, and many people complain about the lack of weapon carrying in alt. modes, but the weapons were an add on after the designer, Dillinger, had completed the project and I consider them a nice bonus. Packaging and presentation is top notch.
    Hench and UFO look great, but I'd want them in hand before I gave an opinion.

4. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I'm actually looking forward to the bigger size. But looking at each one individually, I would probably give Rager an 8 and spray a 7. Brawn looks to be a 10 and cosmos a 8.5 because of the facelift they gave him. :p 

5. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Pretty much the exact same here. I only wish they were larger so they would be the same size as all the other cool mini bots coming out. Hopefully Igear will remake them when they are finished with the line so I can sell these off and get the larger versions.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    In hand I can only rate the first two. At $15 SHIPPED each they are an easy 10 out of 10.

The designs are the new ones are spectacular and the added height brings them to perfection. Now I don't have em in hand so I really can't rate them but I think they will get a 10 out of 10 as well.

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

I <3 igear minibots.

8. jedijoe

jedijoe Well-Known Member

GREAT!
    now lets hope they hurry it the FuK up and release the rest of them...

9. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

At $15 they were among the best of the 3rd Party product out there. But at $50+, the seeming going rate for them now and the repaints...something much less than that.

11. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

I agree with most of what everyone has said. At the fifteen dollar price point, Rager and Spray were fantastic peices; both easily 9/10. I'm waiting for Hench, but I am in the obvious minority that IGears should have stuck with the smaller size and price point for the rest of the group. From interweb photos Hench looks like he'll easily be a 9/10 too.

12. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

I rate Rager an easy 9/10, and Spray is a 9/10, too. They're among my favorite toys. I'm eagerly awaiting Hench and UFO, and I really like how the scale of the MW line is beebopping all over the place. It makes Classics Bee look like he fits in a bit better, and I hope that Cogz is as small as Rager. Duneraker might be around the size of Spray, and the next two are repaints. I can't wait to see how the line looks as a whole.

13. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I'm going to go against popular opinion here.....

Rager really isn't great. The arms are way too far forward and his head is too far backwards (you can see that in the side on Shafter pic posted earlier), so while it's a nifty toy for the $15 it originally retailed at, it is flawed and definitely not worth the $50 it now goes for. Personally I'd love to see this re-released with better proportions and in the newer taller scale. Unless you're massively into Huffer, avoid it and pray for a better release.

Seaspray...well, if you like Seaspray you'll love it ;)  It's a really well done toy and you honestly can't go wrong with it if you can get it for $15 to $20.

14. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

9/10

If they came out at the size Hench and UFO are, they'd easily be a 10/10. This is regardless of price, IMO.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    So far I only have Shafter, and it a great simple little old. My bigest gripe with Rager and Spray was the tiny size which dosen't fit with my Classics collection, so I had to pass on them. Hopefully iGear upsizes them eventually (but that's a discuaaion for another thread).

I wish iGear would make some updated Micromasters at the original Rager/ Spray size. That would be AWESOME.