How would you rank the WFC figs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Optimus
    Bumblebee
    Megatron
    Soundwave

Of those four, how would you rank 'em, be it transformation, poseability, mold, whatever.

I'm having a dilemma on picking up a certain member of the four, and I'd like to see the opinions of others before I make my decision.

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Megs
    Soundwave
    Prime
    Bumblebee

I would probably place a tie between Prime and BB as the turds, but I have to say that I really don't care much for the line in general (even though I bought them all). Just a bit goofy for me. Prime may have been better had he been a Voyager, BB has some goofy ass chicken legs, Soundwave is too skinny for me, so by default, Megs is the best one, and I actually think he is pretty decent. Just not enough figures right now for me to really care about the line too much.

3. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't decide which is the best one as far as looks. But I'll list them in order of posability.

1. Bumblebee
    2. Soundwave
    3. Megatron
    4. Optimus

4. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I can't exactly RATE them since I don't have them all but the only 1 I have so far is the Megatron and I LOVE him quit a bit. Hes really awesome in my collection.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think they're cool :) 

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i just got prime and bumblebee so far (that will change when tfsource sends me my toys!)

prime is amazing, i can't believe i was gonna skip him to try and save money, bumblebe is neat, but not amazing

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megatron and Soundwave are fairly easy and accessible toys, but turn into slabs/chunks/blocks that require a bit of imagination to be seen as vehicles.

Optimus and Bumblebee have better thought out vehicular forms, but also have more complex/fiddly/possibly frustrating transformations.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the WFC toys thus far, but my own preferences lean toward Megatron at the top.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure exactly, but I'd put Bee last. His robot mode proportions kinda 'bug' me. The other three are all really cool, although I can't for the life of me remember how to turn Megatron back into a tank. >.>

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    All...are awesome! :D 

10. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would go with Prime as the best of the line. Really interesting tranformation and a good level of detail (I especially enjoy the giant Autobot tattoo on his back). Megs is a close second (also tattooed). He looks great, but I wish the would have done something more imaginative with his cannon. Like making it have it's own transformation into gauntlets or something. It is just too important (not to mention large) a piece on him to be a giant hunk of plastic that fires a missle. (If you don't believe me look at his tank mode without the cannon. It looks like a mobile ashtray.)

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I would say in the order there in below and why.

1. Megs cause his look is so G1 looking except poseable.
    2. Optimus Prime as that cyb. truck mode is awesome sorta a WWi vibe to him,and also one of the toughest deluxes to transform which I like.
    3. Cliffjumper wow what a paintjob on him is all I say as I like red,even tho I don't have him yet from pics he looks way cooler.
    4. Bumblebee nice but not as good as CJ.
    5. Soundwave the lowest cause I can't find him in stores,but if I could he would be higher on the list,so will just leave him at that till I find one.

12. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

1. Megatron, because he is essentially free of kibble.

2. Optimus, because he's the most unique Optimus figure to come out in a while and he has a big honking gun.

3. Cliffjumper, because he's Cliffjumper and he's awesome.

4. Soundwave, kind of awkward to play with at first.

5. Bumblebee, I hate that guy.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on sculpting and vehicle mode this would be my ranking:

i. Optimus
    ii. Megatron
    iii. Soundwave
    iv. Bumblebee

IMO Optimus and Megs should have been bigger though.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Below Robot hero, hard to collect a TF line with only four figures.

15. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Megatron - great robot mode, highly poseable. The transformation to vehicle mode is clever but deceptively simple.

2. Prime - again, brilliant poseability - the transformation is insanely complex but everything fits together so well. They got this one 'just right'.

3. Soundwave - the robot mode could be a bit more poseable but this is the best representation of a pre-Earth mode out of all of them.

4/5. Bumblebee/Cliffjumper - placed jointly, the robot mode is a bit goofy-looking and the vehicle mode doesn't fit together too well.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The decepticons wins here.

1. Megatron (its one of the best Megs out there)
    2. Soundwave, posable, transforms into a small vehicle (compact-ness)
    3. BumbleBee/OP. Look, OP's got the better robot mode, but BB beats the crap out of him in terms of Sleekness and compactness for his alt.

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron and Soundwave are my top two picks because of their easy transformation and lack of panels.

Then Optimus Prime and Bumblebee would be last. I just don't like how many panels there are or seem to be on Bumblebee. I have yet to transform him into his alt mode where everything fits all nice and where it doesn't seem like I forced it.

18. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love em all. my only complaint is Megatron, Prime and Soundwave should have been bigger and Bumblebee should have been a bit smaller. Don't have Cliffjumper yet and not sure if I'm going to buy him at all.

19. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

1. Soundwave
    2. Bumblebee
    3. Optimus Prime
    4. Megatron

Soundwave and Bumblebee can pull off the coolest poses, and are the most flexible and better looking of all of them. Still waiting on a third party to make Soundwave's minions. Optimus has a cool alt mode, and with mods, he can look bad ass in robot mode. Megatron, on the other hand, falls through the cracks. With his lame alt mode and severe lack of wrist and arm posability, something all the rest excel in, he comes short as the worst of the bunch. He also has the worst/easiest transformation. I should note that this Megatron is probably one of the best Megatron molds released thus far. He just doesn't hold a candle to the other WFC figures.

20. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of the two I have (Bumblebee and Megatron), Megatron is my favorite by far. I just love the look of him, and his articulation, while not perfect, works extremely well. Bumblebee's decent, but the legs are a bit fiddly to pose.